Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #1
chowda

Default Anybody tried Cravings in Gilford?

I drive by almost daily, but haven't been in yet. Any feedback on menu, prices, service or quality?
chowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Mr. V

see: http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...light=cravings
Mr. V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Hermit Cover

Default Kitchen Cravings

Great, great place!! Try the search function for "Kitchen Cravings" and you'll find several threads....lot's of reviews.....YUM! YUM!
Hermit Cover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts
Default Look at the active thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowda View Post
I drive by almost daily, but haven't been in yet. Any feedback on menu, prices, service or quality?
See:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6753
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
BeaverIslandGuy

Default Great place

Wonderful food and service. Owners are long time area folks. Some of the best smoked bacon anywhere. They made pancakes in the shape of animals for my kids (moose and zebra (with chocolate chips making the stripes!).

If you can take the time, wait for the french omlette.......

B.I.G.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
Belmont Resident

Default we tried it but will not go back

They got my order wrong, it took for ever to get our breakfast and it cost twice as much as the same food at the diner just past the Margate.
The food was not bad, considering they made my omlet with egg whites only, and never offered to make right on it or take it off the bill. We cannot see paying as much as they charge. We figured we spent almost double what we spend usually for breakfast.
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
WinnDixie

Default liked it

We just discovered Kitchen Cravings on this trip up. I remember the building as a branch of People's Bank...just to set the "old" tone!! We liked it. The servings are huge, and on one of our four or five visits, I asked for an item without the homefries. Well, not evidently wanting the plate to come out underdressed, the chef garnished it with a sliced strawberry, which I thought was a nice touch! I also like the fact that your "supplies"...jelly, butter, creamers, etc....are right on your table, as I hate to get coffee and then have to keep flagging down someone for cream. The eggs benedict and the "knot holes" were my favorite. My husband went mostly for the one (huge) pancake and bacon. There are also fascinating local pictures and neat artifacts all around the walls...fun to look at.
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
Overlake97

Default Question: Still have half tables?

I usually stop somewhere by myself for breakfast, before work each day, but I've completely avoided cravings because of the table issue (which was well discussed in the earlier thread).

So for me the only question is: Are THEY still there?!
Overlake97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 PM   #9
Bigstan

Default 1/2 tables!

I hate these as well

I just hope if they are still there (they were last I went) they remove them for a bit after the busy season.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Half tables

In previous threads, there were some comments about those tables, and after our first visit there, I thought they were not the best idea in the world, although we were not seated at one.

Our last visit, a few weeks ago, we did get to sit at one...the place was hopping!... and we were at the first table on the left, just off the kitchen.

As we were being seated, I wasn't sure that we would enjoy the meal. We (wife and I) were pleasantly surprised. I think she had an omelot, coffee and juice, and I had a way-too-much-food egg sausage hashbrowns toast, and then to show I was macho, I also had grits and a side of bacon, along with coffee and juice. That would be a lot of plates, glasses, and cups, and we were not really scrunched up. The half tables were not as roomy as a full table, but certainly not uncomfortable for us.

JMHO
Old 08-14-2009, 07:33 AM   #11
Winni P

Thumbs up 1/2 tables still there

We had breaksfast at KC last week and the 1/2 tables were still there. We were a party of 4 so we did not sit there but many of them were being used. Our breakfast was great, I would highly recommend KC. They were great with the kids too! They gave the kids Doodle pads to play with while they waited for their animal shaped pancakes to arrive. I'd like to go in there when it is not so busy so I can look at all the pictures and artifacts they have on their walls.
Winni P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

We normally stop in between 6:30 and 7:00 am and for some strange reason is has never been crowded. Must be that some sleep past first light missing part of he day.

The half tables were still there about week ago, we sat in our usual table designed for four but would try the half table if that was the only choice.

They do have several large tables down the right side that maybe could be replaced by smaller tables for four. They could push two together for a larger group.

We continue to like the food.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote