Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
dippasan

Default Pi$$ed me off!!

I wasn't going to post this rant but it's the 2nd time in 2 weeks that I've seen this happen.

I'm coming down the channel out of West Alton marina on Saturday afternoon, right behind a nice Crown Line boat (no name) with a man and woman in it heading out to enjoy our amazing lake, both smoking cigarettes and flicking the ashes in the lake. You might already know where this is going.

As they smoked away I thought to myself, buddy "don't do it, don't do it, don't do it". Just before we get to the sandbar, the guy (wearing a "Jeter" shirt) throws the butt right overboard into the water. I got so mad I started shaking.

I yelled "HEY...you dropped your cigarette butt. Don't worry I'll get it". He turned around and looked at me as I reached over the side and picked it up out of the water and held it up in the air for him to see. He had no reaction. The woman at least had the decency to put hers out in her Mic Ultra beer can. I have questions:

1. What makes dummies like this think it's ok to throw the butts from their filthy habit into the lake like it's their own 26 mile long ash tray?
2. What makes dummies like this think that others will think it's ok for them to throw their butts in the lake?

I wonder how many butts they threw in the lake the rest of the day.

It makes me want to go to his house and throw my empty beer cans on his front yard. Pissed me off???? Yup.

I know it's part of a much bigger problem and it's been discussed here before.

That's all I got to say about that.