Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Winter Sports
Home Forums Gallery YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
nhboat61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wakefield NH
Posts: 117
Thanks: 52
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default Places to rent sleds..

Being new to the area, for winter time, where is a good place to rent sleds ?

This is our second winter in the area, and since last winter was spent working on our house, we are looking to have fun this winter.
nhboat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
RLW
Senior Member
 
RLW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alton Bay on the mountain by a lake
Posts: 2,019
Thanks: 553
Thanked 410 Times in 309 Posts
Smile

My suggestion is that you review this thread and see if anything would be good for you.

Happy & Prosperous New Year
__________________
There is nothing better than living on Alton Mountain & our grand kids visits.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
HellRaZoR004
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Litchfield/Gilford
Posts: 821
Thanks: 230
Thanked 224 Times in 131 Posts
Default

What area are you looking at?

You can check out http://www.outbackkayak.org

We did 4-wheeling with them and it was a blast.
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
RLW
Senior Member
 
RLW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Alton Bay on the mountain by a lake
Posts: 2,019
Thanks: 553
Thanked 410 Times in 309 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRaZoR004 View Post
What area are you looking at?

You can check out http://www.outbackkayak.org

We did 4-wheeling with them and it was a blast.
Looks like a great site, but there are two things that one might wonder about. First they must be very expensive as they do not list any of there tour prices, and they do not rent so one can go where they want to. Now when I rented which was years ago before owning a bunch of them, we loved to try new areas and new trails so that we would meet new and wonderful people on the trails and break areas.
__________________
There is nothing better than living on Alton Mountain & our grand kids visits.
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RLW For This Useful Post:
nhboat61 (01-01-2013)
Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
HellRaZoR004
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Litchfield/Gilford
Posts: 821
Thanks: 230
Thanked 224 Times in 131 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
Looks like a great site, but there are two things that one might wonder about. First they must be very expensive as they do not list any of there tour prices, and they do not rent so one can go where they want to. Now when I rented which was years ago before owning a bunch of them, we loved to try new areas and new trails so that we would meet new and wonderful people on the trails and break areas.
Good point, I'm not sure what the rates are or if they rent them out so you can go out on your own. Would be worth calling to ask.

We had great time during both the Kayak adventure and the 4-wheeling and will most likely go back up for sledding. Here is a blog post about it: http://tendersandtrails.com/2012/10/...atv-adventure/
http://tendersandtrails.com/2012/08/...k-kayak-tours/
HellRaZoR004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
Belmont Resident
Senior Member
 
Belmont Resident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Belmont NH but prefer Jackman Maine
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 491
Thanked 409 Times in 251 Posts
Default Not sure

about NH but in Maine you can expect to pay between 300 and 500 a day plus insurance per sled.
It isn't cheap so you may want to consider an inexpensive used sled to break into the sport.
It is not an inexpensive sport, with helmets, boots, outerwear it adds up quick. Even renting sleds you need to be prepared, a day on the trails can turn ugly real quick if your unprepared and get cold.
I'd venture to say we have $1500 each in riding gear and we don't have all that fancy color coordinated riding gear.
Have fun be safe....it is a great sport, I enjoy winter far more then summer.
__________________
"better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, then a long life spent in a miserable way.."
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belmont Resident For This Useful Post:
HellRaZoR004 (01-01-2013), nhboat61 (01-02-2013)
Old 01-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
nhboat61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Wakefield NH
Posts: 117
Thanks: 52
Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
about NH but in Maine you can expect to pay between 300 and 500 a day plus insurance per sled.
It isn't cheap so you may want to consider an inexpensive used sled to break into the sport.
It is not an inexpensive sport, with helmets, boots, outerwear it adds up quick. Even renting sleds you need to be prepared, a day on the trails can turn ugly real quick if your unprepared and get cold.
I'd venture to say we have $1500 each in riding gear and we don't have all that fancy color coordinated riding gear.
Have fun be safe....it is a great sport, I enjoy winter far more then summer.
Thanks, after doing some research, this is the route we will most likely take.
nhboat61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
Belmont Resident
Senior Member
 
Belmont Resident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Belmont NH but prefer Jackman Maine
Posts: 1,857
Thanks: 491
Thanked 409 Times in 251 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhboat61 View Post
Thanks, after doing some research, this is the route we will most likely take.
Thank you, it is a great sport. Ride safe and use common sense and you will have years of enjoyment.
We ride several thousand miles every year.
__________________
"better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, then a long life spent in a miserable way.."
Belmont Resident is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.34413 seconds