Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
luvmypups

Question Good Preschools Laconia and surrounding towns

I am looking for a really good preschool for my 3 year old little girl. I just moved to Laconia and would like to find one in either Laconia, Belmont,Tilton or Gilford. An suggestions would be great!!
luvmypups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:14 AM   #2
angela4design

Default Holy Trinity

Many are full or have lottery systems to get in. Demand is very high.

However, Holy Trinity School in Laconia (Opposite the post office) has recently added a second Preschool class, due to the demand. I went to the open house in February, and am planning to enroll my son there for Pre-K. Very nice, attentive teachers, good class size, lots of activities, etc. The facility itself isn't state of the art (it is, in fact, and old catholic school!), but the people and content really appealed to me.

I just grabbed by info packet, now that you've asked. Their phone number is 524-3156. Rates are $25 for full day and $20 for half-day (11:30 pick-up in building). They also have extended day programs for working parents, as early as 7am (with or without breakfast), and late as 5:30pm. (Rates vary from $2-$4 for the extra time.) If you 'shop around', that's a bit better than average, I found.

My pediatrician had actually recommended their program, and you can find more info at WhyHolyTrinity.com

FWIW, I wasn't looking for something with a religious affiliation, but I really liked the balance that HT had. The impression that I got was that they taught more of the good values, rather than thumping the kids on the head with the Good Book! LOL I say that because I had looked at other schools in the area, and one even had the question in the application, asking, 'If you do not currently attend church, are you opposed to having another church member take your child to services?'.
angela4design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
fatnoah

I graduated from Holy Trinity in 1989 after attending K-8. (Mr. Fortier was principal then, too!). I'd say roughly half of my classmates were not Catholic, including a few Jewish children. As the previous poster stated, parents chose the school for solid values, rather than learning about Catholocism.
fatnoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Wood Chopper

Default Gilford Village Nursery

My daughter just "graduated" from the Village Nursery School in Gilford. It's located at the church, right next to the new Community Center and Library. The teachers were fantastic. Our daughter loved it. Our younger son is already signed up for 2011.

They had plenty of field trips and use of the local facilities. 3 year olds are only 2 days a week, am only. Worked perfect for us.
Wood Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote