Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #1
Gadget

Question 2009 Bennington Azure AZ 188 history and Info

Good day. I just recently purchased a 2009 Azure AZ 188. It was a local find and, after doing some on-line research, I initially passed on it. Then I finally found a Bennington dealer that had an employee that has been with them since early 2000 and new the Azure boats. After talking to him, I went to have another look and made a deal. Has the 4.3 Volvo Penta, about 100 hours use, color matched Azure all welded trailer with welded spare tire carrier, folding hitch and aluminum mag wheels. Also came with the travel cover and the snap-on covers. As for quality, everywhere I look it seems that the best of components were used. No plastic or aluminum finishing, all stainless. Basement storage is latched, rear engine cover is latched.

K, to the point. I have seen other pictures of the 188 on the net and it seems there were different designs and finishes. I am reaching out to see if there is anyone out there that can give me history of these boats. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated so I will know exactly what I have. What were they originally worth? What years were they made? Think 2005-2009. Thanks in advance.
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 03:18 PM   #2
Juiced06GTO

I found this quickly, not sure if you already stumbled on it?

http://www.azureboats.no/Azure_2009_Brochure.pdf
Juiced06GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #3
TheRoBoat

Default NADA Guide

Start here, use box at bottom to select from other manufacturers, Azure is listed.

I think the first price listed when you research a particular vessel is the original (2009) price

https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/Manufacturers

Last edited by TheRoBoat; 08-14-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: posted too soon
TheRoBoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
Gadget

Smile Info

Thanks for the info. Interesting that the specs say it has 225 hp. Thought the carbed Volvo Penta was 190 hp. Also, finally got the factory listed length. Some list it as an 18' and others as a 17'
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote