Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
Airedale1

Thanked 1,569 Times in 274 Posts
Default God Bless Chaos & Kindness

The following appeared this week on the FB page of Chaos & Kindness.
It was written by Justin Spencer. Justin is the founder of Chaos & Kindness.
Thank you for doing this Justin and may God Bless you.

"There has been something bothering me for a while now. When we decided to build our Chaos & Kindness store we chose the amazing town of Laconia, NH. When we made that decision it came with a promise that we would do our best to inspire the community and make a difference, and do it in a way that actually makes a REAL difference. Well what has personally bothered me is that every day I drive by the Laconia High School I notice there is a vape shop essentially touching the high school property. Not 4 blocks away, not a mile down the street, but literally next to the High School.

Now I want to be VERY clear so nobody misrepresents my words. I am ALL for entrepreneurship, and it’s a free country to build and create a way to make money. If you have become a millionaire off of alcohol, smoking, vaping etc., that’s all fair and I’ll be your friend and never judge that. However something has always bothered me that of ALL things next to a high school we have a vape shop. Laconia, NH already has a cloud, a stigma that the town lacks education, money, and is riddled with drugs. This is the very reason we chose to build our store here. Like I mentioned earlier we also made a promise to inspire and try and change that stigma.

So right here, right now I’m making a bold offer to the owner of the vape shop. I will give you $10,000 to move your vape shop anyplace outside a half mile from the high school. I will write you a $10,000 check and hand deliver it. Then I will take over your lease and turn that vape shop into a location that inspires students to come after school, play videos games, hang out, donate time, mental health stations with daily videos, community outreach options, just an all-around good place for students to meet, hang and in a positive way, for FREE! THIS is how you make a difference.

I don’t want to offend the vape shop owners, I want to challenge them to help make Laconia, NH a better place to live and grow up. This project will be very expensive and bold but this public (Facebook) offering is me holding accountability to make change. Nobody has ever made an offer like this and that’s what makes it bold. I don’t personally know the vape shop and have never gone in. If enough of us share this, they will get the message. This offer expires in 7 days. I also challenge any business that wants to help me, tag and comment in this. Let’s change how students think, act and do it in the most bad ass way. Vape shop email manager@recycledpercussionband.com if you want to make a deal. I’ll put my money where my mouth is! Let’s go!"

Justin's offer has been accepted by the owner of the vape shop.
beantownbaby (10-12-2019), Biggd (10-11-2019), BroadHopper (10-12-2019), CaptT820 (10-16-2019), covelife (12-21-2019), GTO (10-11-2019), KPW (10-12-2019), Maman.Catherine (10-12-2019), pondguy (10-11-2019), SimpleTL (01-22-2020), trfour (10-12-2019)