Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #1
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts
Exclamation PhotoPost Images in Forum Posts

Before I upgraded PhotoPost I was warned that the URLs for the medium size images would change and I'm seeing the effect of that now. Forum posts that include links to medium size PhotoPost pictures will now show a X where the image should be unless the URL is fixed.

I am going to step through the posts, History first, and fix them but if you notice any broken images in your posts please fix them yourself. It may take days or weeks before every image link is fixed so viewers please be patient when you come across broken images.

Here's an example of what needs to be done:

Old URL:
winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/150/sample-med.jpg

New URL:
winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/150/medium/sample.jpg

The -med has been removed and the /medium added.

I apologize for the extra work this creates and I'm not too happy about it either. The PhotoPost software writers should have left those file paths alone. I'm not only seeing many errors from my own site as those old URLs are accessed but also many from Google and other search engines that index pictures.

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
DRH

Default No Apology Necessary

Don,

No need to apologize .. it's just "one of those things" that couldn't be helped.

I've gone through all of my posts and believe I've corrected the ones that include links to PhotoPost images. I also notified IG, RG and McDude and referred them to your notice here so they will be aware of the situation and can begin correcting their photo links.

Fixing the links isn't hard, but it's sure easier for us to each fix our own than for you to have to slog through them all to do it for us!
Old 11-19-2005, 11:00 PM   #3
webmaster

Thanked 3,723 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRH
Fixing the links isn't hard, but it's sure easier for us to each fix our own than for you to have to slog through them all to do it for us!
Thanks DRH, I already "slogged" through the entire History forum. That's where the biggest problem was since most threads had numerous photo links. When I discovered the problem I just couldn't let mcdude's (and other's) incredible articles look so broken any longer than necessary.

The hardest thing is finding the broken images in other posts. Most threads in other areas don't include pictures and I can't possibly review all 22,000 posts. I'll be hunting around for them and fix them when I notice them. My error log also gives me clues as other people try to view those images and create "file not found" errors.

If anyone notices broken images in posts please drop me an email so I can fix them.

Thanks,

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote