Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #1
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts
Default A Few Bugs

As I expected some small bugs have surfaced now that the new Forum is in full use.

Some users that were previously registered through PhotoPost are having trouble posting messages and don't appear in the Forum's Member List, even though they can log in. We are looking into the problem.

I have also received several emails about the system time being off. If your time is wrong go into your User CP (control panel) and set your time zone properly. That should correct your system time.

This was a complex conversion with the added complication of the PhotoPost integration. It will take a while to smooth everything out. Thanks for your patience.

If you do have any questions or comments please post them here on the Support Forum.

Thanks.
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:00 PM   #2
ghfromaltonbay

Default Time zone problem

Don,

I checked my Control Panel option and it is set for Eastern USA time zone. However, it is now 12:58 p.m. on 4/06 and the forum says it is 4:58 p.m. How do I fix this problem?
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 PM   #3
GWC...

Smile Forum clock

Today, the Forum clock matches computer's clock - harmony, again.

Wow, either Webmaster fixed the situation, surely I did nothing cause I'm too lazy, or it's Fall 2004, already. :rolleyes:
GWC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:13 PM   #4
Merrymeeting

Default Similar problem here.

We are synced to a time server. System time is fine (2:10 PM EDT) yet forum shows 6:10 PM. Also, the forum says the last time I logged in was 1:56 AM. I was fast asleep then. I was however logged in about 9:56. Looks like the offset is 4 hours. Probably a GMT offset problem.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:59 PM   #5
webmaster

Hmmm, I'm not sure what is going on with the system time. I have not been able to duplicate the problem. My time is correct and I've logged in as test users and their time is correct also. I'll be watching for it and will take action when I can observe the problem.

The login and permission problems have been corrected and everyone should now have normal access.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2004, 02:50 PM   #6
webmaster

Re: system time
I checked the settings for both Merrymeeting and ghfromaltonbay. The time zone for both was set to Western Europe. I have changed both to Eastern time. GWC's time zone was set correctly which explains why the time is now correct for you.

Just a reminder that the time zone must be set either during the registration process or after logging in through the User CP.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
ces

Default Thanks!

Thanks Don for all the hard work and hours of your time. The new photo post is wonderful along with the forum!
ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:11 PM   #8
DRH

Smile Getting Used to It!

Don,

As some others have mentioned, the new Forum is like getting used to a new car or boat. Lots to learn. But the improvements are numerous and significant, and like many others I thank you for all your effort in continuing to make the Winni. Forum one of the best sites on the Web.

Don
DRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #9
Merrymeeting

Default Sorry

Makes sense now! Thanks

When you said to check User Control Panel, I assumed you meant check the time on my system via the system control panel. Didn't realize this was a settable feature on the forum. Well, you know what happens when you assume.

Sorry for the bother.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #10
RI Swamp Yankee

Red face Maybe we need a user manual

I found out about setting the time after clicking some of those things at the top to see what they would do. I miss the old layout but am warming up to the new look. Lots of bell and whistles to explore. At first it was a bit overwhelming and it seemed like you needed a user manual to learn to drive this thing but a little exploring helps. I figured if clicking on something would break it, it wouldn't be there

I never used the spell checker in the old forum, I used the spell checker in Outlook Express, it is excellent. Just open up "new mail" and copy and paste text into an email then hit F7 for spell check.
RI Swamp Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #11
ghfromaltonbay

Default A few bugs - now clearing up

Don,

I noticed yesterday when I replied that the time was off on the website versus my PC that at the very end of the messages there was a statement that said "All Times are GMT". I had double checked and had updated my Control Panel last Sunday when we went to EDT, so we are actually GMT-4. This evening when I logged on the website showed "All Times are GMT-4" the time is now 9:45 p.m., suddenly in the middle of this session the statement changed to "All Times are GMT-5" the time is now 8:57 p.m.and now we are an hour off again. I didn't log off or do anything other than browse thru today's posts. What causes this?

Thanks,

Gail
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #12
webmaster

I'm not sure why that happened. I haven't noticed a problem with the time but that doesn't mean there isn't a bug somewhere.

Keep in mind that I didn't write the Forum software, I'm just a user like all of you. When bugs are found they are usually cleaned up in future releases and I try to install them when they become available.

I'll keep an eye on the time display to see if I can spot a problem that I can describe to the company that created the software.