Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #1
Island-Ho

Default Spell Checker

As I read several of the threads earlier, I began to wonder what happened to the spell checker. Some of the posts could certainly use a strong parsing! I know I could and would use it. Is the spell checker an option that is available on the new format?
Island-Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

There is a thread a little way down about this. Click here to go right to it.

There is also information in the FAQ under "Reading and Posting Messages".
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
NightWing

Exclamation

I also would like to have spell check, but I use Netscape instead of I.E.. But, I have found a shortcut way to check without using I.E..

My mail program has an icon in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen. If I want to check a word or words, or even an entire post, I just highlight the word or text and click copy. Then I drop down to the toolbar and click the mail icon. Then I select compose and a blank composition screen displays. I paste the text and then click the ABC icon. Any words that are wrong will show an option for changing or correction. Then, after correcting the word, or the entire text, I highlight and copy again and then get out of the mail program. Once returned to the forum, my original message is still highlighted. Now I click BACKSPACE and the entire original post is cleared. Now, I just paste and the corrected text appears on the post screen. It might seem a little complicated, but it is really not. And, it is fast. I remember the old spell check on the old forum and it was slow.
NightWing is offline   Reply With Quote