Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
Bigstan

Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
You're comparing different jobs. I'm doing the same thing now as I was fifteen years ago. Also, in both your examples, the incomes are double at the beginning and triple+ at veteran status for similar/less educational requirements.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Right - different jobs. I have gone up 7-8x in earnings as a systems engineer over 20 years by furthering my skill sets, working 70+ hour weeks, no vacation, training on my own time and dime, etc. If you are doing the same thing after 15 years you're lucky to make twice what you started at, in the private sector you would be making about the same.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
secondcurve

The Real Big Guy:

Typical response from an ardent supporter. What about the $50,000 she lent her campaign last month? Surely this money should have been used to clear her tax bill? Paying taxes just isn’t convienient for her. Do you really want someone who doesn’t pay their taxes making decisions about your taxes? God help the country with leaders such as her.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
Biggd

Thanked 1,075 Times in 680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
The Real Big Guy:

Typical response from an ardent supporter. What about the $50,000 she lent her campaign last month? Surely this money should have been used to clear her tax bill? Paying taxes just isn’t convienient for her. Do you really want someone who doesn’t pay their taxes making decisions about your taxes? God help the country with leaders such as her.
If she's on a payment plan and is making the payments then she is paying her taxes.
I'm not an ardent supporter and I don't even follow Georgia politics.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
If she's on a payment plan and is making the payments then she is paying her taxes.
I'm not an ardent supporter and I don't even follow Georgia politics.
I guess I’m old fashioned. I would have paid my past due taxes before even thinking about running for office. She has a Yale law degree and is a published author. I think she has enough smarts to figure out how to pay off $50,000 in past due taxes if she wanted to. She obviously was brought up differently than I was. Thank God she lost. Unfourtunately, she has no shame and refuses to concede.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:42 PM   #5
Rusty

Quote:
I guess I’m old fashioned. I would have paid my past due taxes before even thinking about running for office.
You wouldn't make a good politician, you're too honest. You probably don't lie everyday either..Nope, you would'nt fit into the current administration.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:59 PM   #6
kawishiwi

Quote:
The Real Big Guy:

Or like *****? Or did he pay his taxes? If so how much? I am totally with you, we should know every politicians complete tax record before we vote on them.
Biggd (11-13-2018), thinkxingu (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:12 PM   #7
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
Or like *****? Or did he pay his taxes? If so how much? I am totally with you, we should know every politicians complete tax record before we vote on them.
Speaking of taxes, where is the 10% middle class tax cut that we were promised a few days ago. Oh well, nobody seems to cares so why should I..I'm just a no good liberal.
goutes23 (12-16-2018), kawishiwi (11-13-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
Right - different jobs. I have gone up 7-8x in earnings as a systems engineer over 20 years by furthering my skill sets, working 70+ hour weeks, no vacation, training on my own time and dime, etc. If you are doing the same thing after 15 years you're lucky to make twice what you started at, in the private sector you would be making about the same.
I'm hoping to be as successful as you some day.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Closed Thread