Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Covid-19 Discussions & Information
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Links Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #201
VitaBene

Thanked 1,533 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
We are already at, or maybe over, 50% of US adults vaccinated.

Still too many sitting on the sidelines, but they're coming around.

No masks outdoors in Mass today!
Hope so! I can see that stores and restaurant workers are tired of fighting with people (and have pretty much stopped).

I think it will be a crazy summer around here!!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #202
MotorHead

Went to DD this morning in Laconia, there are huge signs on both doors and inside that says “Wear your mask before entering” yet there are a few old farts (yes I am old too) waiting around for their coffee without their mask on. I am not sure why they would bother putting up signs all over the store if they are not going to enforce it.
What is the point. Either enforce it or do not bother putting signs everywhere.
MotorHead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MotorHead For This Useful Post:
trfour (05-01-2021)
Old 05-02-2021, 01:01 AM   #203
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorHead View Post
Went to DD this morning in Laconia, there are huge signs on both doors and inside that says “Wear your mask before entering” yet there are a few old farts (yes I am old too) waiting around for their coffee without their mask on. I am not sure why they would bother putting up signs all over the store if they are not going to enforce it.
What is the point. Either enforce it or do not bother putting signs everywhere.
Workers are not gonna confront customers.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 03:00 AM   #204
ApS

Thumbs up Chris Plante Tells All...WMAL-FM vs CNN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Thanks, Newbie. As I referenced above, that piece was so easily debunked it was a testament to how much some of our forum members—and
Americans as a whole—are at the mercy of confirmation bias.
Watch TV "news" to curl up with "Confirmation Bias".
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 08:21 AM   #205
MotorHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Workers are not gonna confront customers.
Then they should be honest and change to sign to read
"Masks are optional" or "Masks are encouraged", that way I can decide if I want to go in or not.

I personally will not be going there again, a cup of coffee it's not worth dying for.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2021, 08:56 AM   #206
TKD

Quote:
Then they should be honest and change to sign to read
"Masks are optional" or "Masks are encouraged", that way I can decide if I want to go in or not.

I personally will not be going there again, a cup of coffee it's not worth dying for.
Is the coffee is that bad ?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
TKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:57 AM   #207
LoveLakeLife

If you’re worried about dying why even leave the house?!

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLakeLife For This Useful Post:
DEJ (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #208
MotorHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveLakeLife View Post
If you’re worried about dying why even leave the house?!

You either
  • Do not get it
  • Pretend you don't get it
  • You do not want to get it.

What is the point of advertising for something that you do not have?

That is the question. Had I known they are not going to enforce it, I would not have gone in there. Do you get it now?
The Following User Says Thank You to MotorHead For This Useful Post:
WinnisquamZ (05-03-2021)
Old 05-03-2021, 11:03 PM   #209
mswlogo

Quote:
You either
  • Do not get it
  • Pretend you don't get it
  • You do not want to get it.

What is the point of advertising for something that you do not have?

That is the question. Had I known they are not going to enforce it, I would not have gone in there. Do you get it now?
You have to be realistic.

I talked to a home depot clerk once and he was explaining how people walk out with stuff in their carts all the time. They just watch them walk out because it’s not worth the confrontation. Clerks are not trained to deal with that sort of thing. So they just let it go.

They gonna put up a sign say we don’t care if you steal anything. We just recommend you don’t.

From the beginning of COViD there have been some folks that refuse to comply. You need to just deal with it, it’s like others said, just stay home.

There are loonies on the road, in every store, in every crowd long before COVID.

From the beginning of COVID I’ve chosen, is it worth it? Say I want take out (when things were really bad with COViD). Often I’d just say no to myself and skip it. Other times I went ahead and got it. We had our limits of seeing anything uncomfortable, we bail.

BTW, my wife and I lost our jobs over COVID confrontation with the owner of the company we worked at. He was a total a$$ in the beginning when states were shutting down. Basically he demanded we be there or he will take that as a resignation. We never went back. I also advised everyone in the company not to comply. Most eventually did leave.

When we went to Polly’s recently my wife was concerned. I said if it doesn’t look good we’ll just do take out. But as soon as we got there we both felt very safe. Tons of space, lots of care being taken. Was it a guarantee that some nut wouldn’t sneeze with no mask going by our table? No, but highly unlikely. About as likely as getting in a car accident getting there.

Some places might try to enforce. But I don’t think many will. You just have to realize that and judge what you are willing to risk. If you don’t feel comfortable then don’t go in.

For Dunkin Donuts just do drive up.
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post:
MotorHead (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 07:47 AM   #210
gravy boat

Location: Gilford yr round, W. Alton and Bears' Den for summers
Default Mask Mandate

The benefits of living in a "free" society is that we all have choices.

We were at WalMart yesterday and the sign now says "Masks Recommended". For the last several weeks I've seen a few people on every shopping trip to WalMart without masks -- and almost ALL looked to be over 60 years old. I saw nobody confronted by employees.

There will be people who will refuse the vaccine or wear a mask and there is zero to be done about it. People can hand-wring, fret and pontificate online every day for hours about it with zero effect. No minds will be changed. No shame will be accepted. That time has passed.

The simple solution is those who are afraid should either stay home (not a fun option) or continue to wear their masks when they feel they need to do so. Luckily there are numerous drive throughs, take-out options and curbside pickup services for those who wish to avoid crowds/people. When you think about it you can coast through the rest of your years without ever entering a store, restaurant or place where people gather.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #211
MotorHead

Quote:
You have to be realistic.

I talked to a home depot clerk once and he was explaining how people walk out with stuff in their carts all the time. They just watch them walk out because it’s not worth the confrontation. Clerks are not trained to deal with that sort of thing. So they just let it go.

They gonna put up a sign say we don’t care if you steal anything. We just recommend you don’t.

From the beginning of COViD there have been some folks that refuse to comply. You need to just deal with it, it’s like others said, just stay home.

There are loonies on the road, in every store, in every crowd long before COVID.

From the beginning of COVID I’ve chosen, is it worth it? Say I want take out (when things were really bad with COViD). Often I’d just say no to myself and skip it. Other times I went ahead and got it. We had our limits of seeing anything uncomfortable, we bail.

BTW, my wife and I lost our jobs over COVID confrontation with the owner of the company we worked at. He was a total a$$ in the beginning when states were shutting down. Basically he demanded we be there or he will take that as a resignation. We never went back. I also advised everyone in the company not to comply. Most eventually did leave.

When we went to Polly’s recently my wife was concerned. I said if it doesn’t look good we’ll just do take out. But as soon as we got there we both felt very safe. Tons of space, lots of care being taken. Was it a guarantee that some nut wouldn’t sneeze with no mask going by our table? No, but highly unlikely. About as likely as getting in a car accident getting there.

Some places might try to enforce. But I don’t think many will. You just have to realize that and judge what you are willing to risk. If you don’t feel comfortable then don’t go in.

For Dunkin Donuts just do drive up.
I am sorry about losing your job, your ex boss sounds like a BIG A$$.
I hope you and your wife were able to secure something else.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:43 AM   #212
FlyingScot

Quote:
Separate issue from covid in particular--I love that you walked on your jobs. So many people talk a big game about how tough and/or righteous they are, but then don't have the stones at crunch time.

Respect
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post:
mswlogo (05-05-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 02:31 PM   #213
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,321 Times in 791 Posts

NPR just had an interview with an epidemiologist who said that because of new variants and vaccine unwillingness, the US is unlikely to ever achieve herd immunity.

Next week, 12+ aged people will have access to the vaccine, which is readily available to most anyone interested.

Two questions:

1. If you've been vaccinated, are you comfortable living life without a mask right now, including indoor public spaces?

2. When do we decide it's time to "let things fall where they may" given the availability of a choice to vaccinate?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #214
VitaBene

Thanked 1,533 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
NPR just had an interview with an epidemiologist who said that because of new variants and vaccine unwillingness, the US is unlikely to ever achieve herd immunity.

Next week, 12+ aged people will have access to the vaccine, which is readily available to most anyone interested.

Two questions:

1. If you've been vaccinated, are you comfortable living life without a mask right now, including indoor public spaces?

2. When do we decide it's time to "let things fall where they may" given the availability of a choice to vaccinate?

1. I have been, and yes.
2. Getting close when there are massive amounts of appointments readily available.
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
DEJ (05-04-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 06:26 PM   #215
gravy boat

Location: Gilford yr round, W. Alton and Bears' Den for summers

Quote:

Two questions:

1. Yes, vaccinated. Yes comfortable being anywhere without a mask.
2. Now.
gravy boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 11:45 PM   #216
LoveLakeLife

I presume that by “get” you mean “understand”. Yes, I understand the point you attempted to make. I was responding tongue-in-cheek to your hyperbolic panic over the prospect of dying from buying coffee while wearing a mask. I do credit you for not expecting others to act silly so you can feel better. That’s refreshing and laudable.

LoveLakeLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 01:45 AM   #217
mswlogo

Quote:
I am sorry about losing your job, your ex boss sounds like a BIG A$$.
I hope you and your wife were able to secure something else.
Thanks. Yes we both have better jobs.

I can work 3 days a week from home after COVID.
And it’s about half way between my MA house and the NH lake house so I can commute from either house.

But damn, my wife just got a great job. Not sure how flexible they will be on the work from home part, after COVID. We’ll see.