Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
Whimsey

Default Resident Power Electric Buying

Ran across this in the local paper advertising 5%-20% savings in the power portion of your electric bill:

Join homeowners across New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts as we pool our buying power to guarantee lower prices on our home and small business electricity bills.

We are currently enrolling new customers on-line, in person and through the mail. The sooner we have enough enrollments the sooner we can switch that first group of enrollees.

The enrollment process is fast, free and easy.

It all starts with a copy of your current utility bill and takes just minutes. Enroll today and encourage others to so.

By enrolling today, you'll be giving us your permission to shop for guaranteed lower electric prices. The more homeowners that join us - the lower the price we can achieve.

The website is: http://www.residentpower.com/index.php

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Sounds like it's in the formation stage. I don't see much downside, but I've asked them via email about any fees for changing power providers, terminating service with them later, and how the auto-renew feature would work from an information standpoint (that is, how will you know your new rate before the auto-renewal happens). Will let you all know how they answer.
Whimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whimsey For This Useful Post:
Liam Tamcock (05-18-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
Liam Tamcock

I heard about these guys too. I agree, sounds like a great deal, I mean seriously they are guaranteeing savings against the utility. I'm going to call their office (603 232 9293) and ask a few more questions, but for the time being, it sounds like a great program. I'll keep you all updated on how it goes.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives." ~Abraham Lincoln
Liam Tamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam Tamcock For This Useful Post:
acanthus (05-23-2011), CateP (05-19-2011), Grady223 (05-18-2011), MarkinNH (05-18-2011)
Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
MDoug

Default Power Out on Bear

Power went out around 2:00 am on 5/19. Called the outage number. At 4:00 or so, I talked to a rep, who said a crew would come out to Bear today, weather permitting, and wanted to know if I could give them a ride over in my boat. I said OK. Reminds me of Funny Farm or Green Acres. Oh, well.
MDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Liam Tamcock

Hey guys,

Called their office yesterday, got a few answers. The power is purchased in groups of people, and the first group will be serviced sometime around mid-fall. Whimsey, from what I gather about renewing the contract, is that they will notify you of the rate the same way for the renewal as the initial rate (either by snail mail or email depending on your choice). This is a NH law. Also I asked them if it mattered if I was in PSNH or NHEC and they said it didn't matter because it is based on which state you are in, not which utility.

Lastly, these guys took the time to answer my questions. All too often, customer service is dead! It was great to see that this local NH-based company took the time.

Needless to say I signed up.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives." ~Abraham Lincoln
Liam Tamcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam Tamcock View Post
Hey guys,

Called their office yesterday, got a few answers. The power is purchased in groups of people, and the first group will be serviced sometime around mid-fall. Whimsey, from what I gather about renewing the contract, is that they will notify you of the rate the same way for the renewal as the initial rate (either by snail mail or email depending on your choice). This is a NH law. Also I asked them if it mattered if I was in PSNH or NHEC and they said it didn't matter because it is based on which state you are in, not which utility.

Lastly, these guys took the time to answer my questions. All too often, customer service is dead! It was great to see that this local NH-based company took the time.

Needless to say I signed up.
Wow Liam, sounds great, what town and what was your rate???
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
NH Patriot196

Default News Articles

Just saw these in the Sunday newspaper.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS02/707179977

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...WS02/707179981
NH Patriot196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
ITD

Hey Liam never answered me, anyone else???
ITD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #8
AkwaMarina

Smile Commercial

We signed up with Derek, a few years ago and have been very happy. I know he does not do residential only commercial but it has saved the company money. I do not fully understand how it works, it has to do with NH being deregulated. He is a extremely friendly guy and I am sure he would be able explain how this all works.

Business Development Manager
http://www.glacialsales.com/derek.bekar
P: 603 234 6617
F: 310 510 6846
derek.bekar@glacialenergy.com
AkwaMarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #9
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Be careful if joining some of these groups. These places are like AMWAY. It is a pyramid scheme. Look into it really close before joining. You don't get nothing for nothing. I belong to several other forums. All of which have discussed this situation. Just saying.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #10
Whimsey

Default Never got a response ...

Back in April when I posted the initial question, I contacted the company via email through their website to try to answer my questions. No one ever got back to me. Maybe because I'm NHEC, not PSNH?
Whimsey is offline   Reply With Quote