Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Little Bear

Default Snowblower for truck?

Does anyone know if there's a dealer for truck mounted snowblowers in the Lakes Region? I've not seen many around, but it seems like a good concept.
Little Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,002 Times in 915 Posts

I have never seen one around here which would appear to say something about the practicality of the concept.

To have a snow clearing track a little wider than the truck, you will need a 7 foot blower. To handle any but very light snow that will need a 50 to 60+ hp engine. (I have looked into a 3PH blower for my 33 hp tractor to augment my truck snowplow and the widest blower it can take is 5 feet). That 7 foot blower plus the large engine plus the truck frame to hold it and you will have 800 to 1,000 pounds hanging out there. You will need a HD truck. And there will be another engine to keep running in the winter. Also I would expect the cost to be much higher than a snowplow.

If you want to move snow with your truck I would suggest starting here:
http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/index.php
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
I have never seen one around here which would appear to say something about the practicality of the concept.

To have a snow clearing track a little wider than the truck, you will need a 7 foot blower. To handle any but very light snow that will need a 50 to 60+ hp engine. (I have looked into a 3PH blower for my 33 hp tractor to augment my truck snowplow and the widest blower it can take is 5 feet). That 7 foot blower plus the large engine plus the truck frame to hold it and you will have 800 to 1,000 pounds hanging out there. You will need a HD truck. And there will be another engine to keep running in the winter. Also I would expect the cost to be much higher than a snowplow.

Your tractor can only handle the 5' because of all the other things it needs to run at the same time.

The 7' Hanson Blower that was installed on a used truck we had ran on a 33HP engine. All it is running is the blower. The whole unit was sold off the truck as we had no need for it what so ever. It was mounted on a 3/4 ton long bed regular cab, that is still running around town.

The concept is good, but with the amount of moving parts, it can be alot to maintain, compared to a plow. It is also a slow process, anyone that has ever used a snow blower compared to a plow will agree, they are all the same.

Slickcraft, go for the tractor mounted blower and get rid of the plow, you will never go back to huge snow banks when you are flinging snow 40 feet off your driveway. Plus in the spring you can clear the yard and be the first one in the neighborhood with green grass.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post

Thanks, but I already have an 8' Fisher plow, a 7' blower on the back of my tractor and a Fisher commercial sander (all for my driveway - not for commercial use). I saw a truck mounted blower in Wolfeboro a couple of years ago (he was clearing the Dunkin Donuts parking lot) and it looked like it worked well.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #5
Wolfeboro_Baja

Apparently the Hanson snowblower is no longer available but I did find this: http://www.snowvac.com/snowvac_01.php.

Northern Tools sells a few larger snowblowers intended for 3-pt hitch PTO shaft use. The link is to all of the snowblowers they sell.
Wolfeboro_Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfeboro_Baja For This Useful Post:
Little Bear (10-04-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Little Bear

WB,

Thanks for the link. I called SnoVac and asked if they had a dealer in the area. He said no, but he did say they just sold a unit to the Cog Railroad and that he could arrange for me to see it if I wished.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #7
AC2717

I think I would love to have one of these especially with the driveways I do
Old 10-05-2011, 06:15 AM   #8
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
Thanks, but I already have an 8' Fisher plow, a 7' blower on the back of my tractor and a Fisher commercial sander (all for my driveway - not for commercial use). I saw a truck mounted blower in Wolfeboro a couple of years ago (he was clearing the Dunkin Donuts parking lot) and it looked like it worked well.
Jeez, what do you have a mile long driveway???
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
Winnisquamguy

Default Try these guys

I would give Fairfield's down in Concord a call, they deal with all kinds of snow removal equipment . Most cities and towns use them. Here is the link. Let us know how you make out.

http://www.hpfairfield.com/
Little Bear (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
Little Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
Jeez, what do you have a mile long driveway???
Not quite, but very long and somewhat steep in some spots. It's a two-hour clean up during big storms.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #11
fpartri497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bear View Post
Not quite, but very long and somewhat steep in some spots. It's a two-hour clean up during big storms.
it must be time to move