Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #101
SIKSUKR

Wow,it amazes me how people cant realize how offensive they come off posting a response to a disatisfied customer.90 minutes is a long wait in any upscale restaurant.This is certainly not one.Customer service 101 on how not to treat the hand that feeds you.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:41 PM   #102
Acrossamerica

Congratulations fellow posters, from day one you have tried to put this poor guy out of business and it would appear that you have succeeded. And then you wonder why the overall selection of restaurants in the Lakes Region ranges from Pop's run down clam shack to numerous meatloaf mollies and a ton of pizza, BBQ and fish taco offerings. To be true the owner may have bitten off more that he can handle but few anticipated the lack of willing young people to do restaurant work this summer. Nice that mon and pop can not only pay the freight for college but buy them a new car and then allow them to hang out all summer with nary a finger raised in labor.
How about calling a truce with this place and allowing the owner to salvage something from the rest of the season. Next year the place will be shuttered so no one will have to dream of a cruise down memory lane that try as people will can never be duplicated.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #103
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

I have yet to see an owner or head chef of a restaurant be successful defending their practices on a forum such as this. The best owners of the best restaurants read these forums in silence and heed whatever advice they feel they can use....silence is golden...

Dan
Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #104
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I have yet to see an owner or head chef of a restaurant be successful defending their practices on a forum such as this. The best owners of the best restaurants read these forums in silence and heed whatever advice they feel they can use....silence is golden...

Dan
My thoughts exactly Dan!
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:31 PM   #105
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Tony View Post
It seems that in this day and age some people would rather get their food fast then dine out. If i was going out for a $400 dinner I would be offended if the food came out in record time... It would mean they were precooking or cooking out of the freezer. If you want that kind of quick serve food then maybe my place is not the place for you. We make everything to order and Specials do run out. I am sure at restaurant GBGX2 they had infinite cash to allow for infinite spoilage so everyone could have everything all the time.

Chef Tony; I think all of us would like to see you succeed, however common sense should tell you that if your expenses exceed your income then your restaurant won't be around next year.

You can't charge extremely high prices and make your customers wait 90 minutes for a meal. The long wait is unacceptable at any price!

Listen to your customers and be more consumer friendly in your response to them. If customers are posting their dissatisfaction here then I can tell you "it ain't good" and won't fill your empty seats.

TheTimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #106
SteveO123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post

Dan

I couldn't agree more with you Dan. Live and learn.
SteveO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #107
wifi

I tend to think it is how you present your complaint, to how the other person reacts. Someone coming on the forum and announcing the meal served didn't meet their expectations and saying they will never go back is like spitting in the chief's face. Why not work with the establishment at the time of serving, and present suggestions on the forum. It's only human nature to defend oneself when under attack.

That said, I agree with Dan, in theory, that an establishment should not criticize customers, but some customers demand and expect +x and others demand and expect -x. Lord knows, it is hard to run a business in the Lakes Region, why not give the Chief a break, guide and engage, rather than slam and destroy.
wifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:49 PM   #108
Joebon

again, this is painful. Let the food speak for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joebon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #109
Mirror Lake's BB

Default Recent reviews?

Has anyone been there recently? Recent reviews?
Mirror Lake's BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #110
Winnigirl

Friends of ours went two weeks ago and had a terrible experience. Most of their party was served cold food after waiting an hour. They said there were only a couple of other diners in the restaurant at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Winnigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:01 PM   #111
WJT2

As the kids like to say "back in the day". I was very lucky to spend 20+ years around Alton Bay. Sandy Point, Pops, Mals & Sals, Dockside, pizza and a movie at Oak Birch. All were very good and served your appetite very well depending on the craving of the day. I remember Bricky , Siss was in the bar and all was well. At the time Bricky and his family ran everything at the Point. The restaurant was great and a nice amendment to people staying there, they need not travel for all things family and a lounge for mom and dad to escape to. Maybe it's just too difficult to survive on food alone for a 120 day season. Sorry to hear all the negative. It was truly GREAT and maybe will make there again. If any old timers remember these days send your comments and maybe we can help Sandy point back on its feet! came by boat many a night , but shame on me had to take a cab home
WJT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:09 AM   #112
Reilly

Default Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJT2 View Post
As the kids like to say "back in the day". I was very lucky to spend 20+ years around Alton Bay. Sandy Point, Pops, Mals & Sals, Dockside, pizza and a movie at Oak Birch. All were very good and served your appetite very well depending on the craving of the day. I remember Bricky , Siss was in the bar and all was well. At the time Bricky and his family ran everything at the Point. The restaurant was great and a nice amendment to people staying there, they need not travel for all things family and a lounge for mom and dad to escape to. Maybe it's just too difficult to survive on food alone for a 120 day season. Sorry to hear all the negative. It was truly GREAT and maybe will make there again. If any old timers remember these days send your comments and maybe we can help Sandy point back on its feet! came by boat many a night , but shame on me had to take a cab home
No shame in being smart 😊😊😊we spent 15 years in Alton 1975 thru 1990 loved everything food related there & also miss the oakbirch but that's another thread
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 AM   #113
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJT2 View Post
I use to have a place directly across the bay from Sandy Point 35 years ago. I remember all those places and the fun times we had. $50,000 for a camp with 100 ft on the water back then.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 04:28 AM   #114
Reilly

Default Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I use to have a place directly across the bay from Sandy Point 35 years ago. I remember all those places and the fun times we had. $50,000 for a camp with 100 ft on the water back then.
You must have been close to me ? We were in the first section of cascade terrace now called Georges Way named after George Knight
Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #115
eyenotall777

Default Pub style menu

I read a post earlier today on FB that states they would be only serving a Pub Style Menu for lunch and regular offerings at Dinner only 5PM (along w/ pub menu) I believe.
eyenotall777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:49 PM   #116
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyenotall777 View Post
I read a post earlier today on FB that states they would be only serving a Pub Style Menu for lunch and regular offerings at Dinner only 5PM (along w/ pub menu) I believe.
Here is that post

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #117
Chef Tony

The new menu will be available when ever we are open. Wed-Fri 5 pm-10 pm and Sat & Sun 11 am to 10 pm. Lobster and Prime rib will be available Wed-Sun after 5 pm.

We also have $8 Steamers and draft specials on Wednesday and Sunday.
Chef Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:30 AM   #118
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
You must have been close to me ? We were in the first section of cascade terrace now called Georges Way named after George Knight
I can't remember the street we were on. I do remember that we were on town water and the service was not under ground far enough to keep it on all winter. So we had to bring jugs of water to flush the toilets when we went up to ski. I met my wife up there, married 36 years now.
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #119
GodSmile

Default Went today for lunch

First ones in... still took an hour for meals to arrive. Steam lobster very good, broiled scallops meh.

Want them to be successful, and will give them another try, but I hope they're learning the ropes. The waiter (was a bartender who was filling in) was obviously trying hard...
GodSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #120
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSmile View Post
First ones in... still took an hour for meals to arrive. Steam lobster very good, broiled scallops meh.

Want them to be successful, and will give them another try, but I hope they're learning the ropes. The waiter (was a bartender who was filling in) was obviously trying hard...
We did a pub crawl today and started at Sandy Point before moving on to the establishments at the end of the bay. We did stop on the way back at Sandy Point for one last drink. Had apps the first time, quite good, and just drinks the second time. Bartender was quite good. Like you, I want them to succeed. If they are able to make it back for next year, I hope Chef Tony is able get his staff in line earlier next year, profit from what he has learned this year, and do much better next year.

Dave.

Old 09-03-2017, 02:04 PM   #121
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
We did a pub crawl today and started at Sandy Point before moving on to the establishments at the end of the bay. We did stop on the way back at Sandy Point for one last drink. Had apps the first time, quite good, and just drinks the second time. Bartender was quite good. Like you, I want them to succeed. If they are able to make it back for next year, I hope Chef Tony is able get his staff in line earlier next year, profit from what he has learned this year, and do much better next year.

Dave.

Against better judgement went with a double digit party. Nostalgic ppl wanted to go, I should have spoken up. Just to speak for myself - mushy undercooked clams. Took forever, half wanted to leave but with no other plan and others not wanting to be rude ended up staying. Nobody left happy, went home and ate leftover lunch BBQ.

Also, please redecorate, it's so dated.....

Shibleys great as always the day before, you should always just go with what you know.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:21 AM   #122
Acrossamerica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigstan View Post
Against better judgement went with a double digit party. Nostalgic ppl wanted to go, I should have spoken up. Just to speak for myself - mushy undercooked clams. Took forever, half wanted to leave but with no other plan and others not wanting to be rude ended up staying. Nobody left happy, went home and ate leftover lunch BBQ.

Also, please redecorate, it's so dated.....

Shibleys great as always the day before, you should always just go with what you know.
"Redecorate"? I thought everyone wanted to relive their lives of 10-30 years ago by forcing the current operator into running a Sandy Point reincarnation. No wonder no one can make a go with this place. Bet it remains shut next year and there after until the last of the "do you remember" bunch has departed.
Acrossamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #123
Bigstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrossamerica View Post
"Redecorate"? I thought everyone wanted to relive their lives of 10-30 years ago by forcing the current operator into running a Sandy Point reincarnation. No wonder no one can make a go with this place. Bet it remains shut next year and there after until the last of the "do you remember" bunch has departed.
I think good food in a good setting is all anyone wants, but maybe I am unique in that thought process.
Bigstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:39 PM   #124
phoenix

good food at reasonable prices with good service and most places will do well. This is truly a seasonal play so I am not sure an expensive décor change would help. I use to go only once per year with a large group for baked stuffed . When that option proved to be not viable for us we moved on. I wish the new owner luck and next year they should provide good food and good prices with good service and they will succeed