Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Getting Here
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #1
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Hooksett NH possible traffic delays.

If you get off I93 at the Hooksett tolls or travel 3A in Hooksett, you may want to seek another route.
From NH1, with a similar off same article in the Union Leader:

HOOKSETT — Officials in Hooksett are asking people to try and avoid the Lilac/Village Bridge and the surrounding area from 3-5 p.m. Friday.

This area includes College Park Drive, Main Street, and the Main Street Bridge. These streets and others will be closed and alternate routes will need to be found.

The area is being closed down for the demolition of the Lilac/Village Bridge. A 600-foot exclusion zone has been outlined for people's safety. There will be three blasts.

Robie’s Country Store, the American Legion, Fire Station No. 1, and the Village Water Department may be difficult or impossible to get to.

A map of the exclusion zone includes the entire Main Street Bridge, parts of Main Street, Merrimack Street, College Park Drive, Veteran’s Drive, Rosedale Street and Maple Street. These outdoor areas will be restricted to authorized people only.

Police ask that people plan their trips accordingly.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Old 07-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Good thing I made a mistake and found myself on 95/16 after zoning out to a Lore podcast!

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #3
SIKSUKR

I use to launch right there for access on that 10 mile stretch of the Merrimack. wonder how long that access will be blocked before the bridge is cleared.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
SIKSUKR

Just found the answer in a news article. Supposed to be closed till July 12th. And just realized I over estimated that stretch of the Merrimack. Its about 7 1/2 to 8 miles between the Hooksett and Amoskeag dams. fwiw
Old 07-11-2017, 08:18 AM   #5
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
Just found the answer in a news article. Supposed to be closed till July 12th. And just realized I over estimated that stretch of the Merrimack. Its about 7 1/2 to 8 miles between the Hooksett and Amoskeag dams. fwiw
I bring my 'Doo down that end of the river a couple times of year. I enjoy it, as there is a lot to look at, some pretty nice houses. Compared to the Hooksett to Bow end, which is pretty sparse in terms of houses. The Manchester end is much busier also, but the Bow end has a nice sand bar.

They have had part of the river roped off under that bridge for a couple years now. I wondered why...but now I know.