Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 AM   #1
joann721

Default Ames Farm...

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I have a trailered 19 ft crownline... We have noticed at Ames Farm that they seem to "store" boats in their field/ lot. Does anyone know what they charge for the storage and also if they have a tractor or vehicle that will launch it for you. The price of gas to drive my jeep from Salem MA to the lake in order to launch the boat is starting to become an issue and we tried rack storage our first season and found it to pricey.. so we are looking for alternatives.
joann721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
BBS

If my memory serves, they quoted us $800 for the season to store our 20' sailboat on a trailor and use the boat ramp to launch and retrieve it. While that's better than the $100/foot that Fay's charges for a slip, we decided to wait for a temporary mooring at our Association.

Last edited by BBS; 08-15-2006 at 07:40 AM.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
GWC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBS
If my memory serves, they quoted us $800 for the season to store our 20' sailboat on a trailor and use the boat ramp to launch and retrive it. While that's better than the $100/foot that Fay's charges for a slip, we decided to wait for a temporary mooring at our Association.
Wow, that's a deal.

Have you noticed the ads for slips at MVYC in the Classified section of this site?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:55 AM   #4
dlindberg

That is correct it is 800 for the season at Ames. That does not include launch or take-out. The boat basically stays in their field, open to the weather. They charge $15 per day to just leave it on site. I Left mine up thr for a weekend while I went to the white mountains.
dlindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:12 AM   #5
fatlazyless

From an old forum post, I recall that Ames pays lots and lots of proerty taxes to Gilford. Their large areage is not held in current use as is usually the case for lots of open land greater than ten acres.

The highest and most expesive use of waterfront acreage is residential singles or condos so the open land gets assessed by this gold standard.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2006, 08:14 AM   #6
dlindberg

Default Accurate Info.

Here is the correct data on ames storage , I knew I had that price sheet somewhere.

Dry storage-(pretty sure that just means dry out of the water, I am not aware of any buildings that would hold boats.) $850-it includes launching! for the season

$300-per month includes launching.

I also am not sure if the launching means that they launch it for you or just allow you to launch at thier ramps for no extra fee , my guess is the later. I don't remember lots of aAmes Farm employess launching boats every time I go all I see are guys cutting grass.
dlindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
Rose

Default Launch yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlindberg
I also am not sure if the launching means that they launch it for you or just allow you to launch at thier ramps for no extra fee , my guess is the later. I don't remember lots of aAmes Farm employess launching boats every time I go all I see are guys cutting grass.
It definitely used to be launch it yourself. Insurance-wise, it's probably cost prohibitive for them to start a launching service.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:51 AM   #8
itchin for fishin

We did the Ames store and launch for two years. It's great..... until they have a bass tournament. Had my trailer boxed in on more than one occasion. Lost "my spot" while launching the boat. Needed to call it an early day to beat the bassers in so we didn't need to wait an hour in que. We didn't sign up this year. We would be back if they gave their seasonals designated spots for parking and launch ramp preference over daily pays.

I respect and admire their commitment to provide access to the lake, but from the business aspect, they will now need 42 launches to replace the 1 lost seasonal customer.
itchin for fishin is offline   Reply With Quote