Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Fish Tales
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
Tal Dagan

Default Salmon fishing areas on lake

Hello,
My son is finally old enough to handle himself on a boat and I would like to take him Salmon fishing at ice out. I want this to be an enjoyable experience for him and would just like to know where the best places are on the lake to troll for Salmon. Any help would be great. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:24 AM   #2
Jeff Furber

Default Re: Salmon fishing areas on lake

I am not a salmon fisherman but my friend is and any where from Silver Sands Marina towards Alton Bay has produced and might be worth a try, I believe that there is a site at Winnie that is just for Salmon fisherman, perhaps they might be of more help.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:13 PM   #3
WeirsBeachBoater

www.fishlakewinni.com is the local website for Salmon fishermen. Also Call Cool Water Charters, they are the best guide service on the Lake for Lake Trout and Salmon. 455-0268
Old 03-30-2004, 12:30 PM   #4
Mink Islander

Here's a link. I'm gearing up for spring fishing/trolling too and have found this site to be very friendly and helpful.

http://www.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=brawds77
Old 03-30-2004, 02:18 PM   #5
Fishing Fanatic

You might want to call Rick at Jammin' Salmon Charters. I have fished with him several times and he is very knowledgeable and is a celebrity when it comes to fishing. He has been on several tv shows and competes in the ESPN Great outdoor games. He keeps an up to date fishing report(when the season starts!) at www.rickforge.com
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2004, 04:26 PM   #6
scott hughes

between diamond and rattlesnake island is good.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
far echo fisherman

After ice out salmon will be right on top, and they are all over the lake. They move in pursuit of schools of smelt, so they can be found everywhere. Slow troll around points and open water. Most important thing is patience. I've gone days without a hit and then the next day much success. Go very early 4:00am or later in day 4:00pm till sundown. Good luck it's tons of fun!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:36 AM   #8
Dave C.

I suggest you try A.J.'s Bait and Tackle in Meredith, he pointed me to the perfect spot last spring, and the lure suggestions worked great. Of course I gave him about $150 for the information (and lures). Good luck! It'll be here in a couple of weeks. Your biggest challenge will be to keep the young lad warm.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
GTO

Thumbs down Fishing Winni

Tal, Any chance that you work in Nashua NH?
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 02:16 PM   #10
halclyon
Deceased Member

Default The book, ANGLING IN THE SMILE OF THE GREAT SPIRIT IS FINALLY OUT!

This book, the only definitive book on angling in Lake Winni for all game species has the tips, stories and wisdom of 15 Master Anglers who cumulatively have over 600 years of Lake Winni Angling. It is available in local book stores as well as for Internet order at: www.deepwaterspress.com

This s an excellent guide for novice or expert angler, if I do say so myself!.
halclyon is offline   Reply With Quote