Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
Drew39k

Default Lake advice for my boat

Hey all, I'm new here and am looking for some advice.

I inherited my dads boat when he passed away 3 years ago. It's a 93 bayliner trophy walkaround with a cuddy cabin and a 150 hp outboard engine. Since acquiring the boat I've been trailering it to a lake near where I store the boat up in Conway. I just dont get to use it enough becuase it's so far away( like 3 times a season).i feel like the cost of insurance registration and upkeep isnt worth it if I dont use it enough.

(I live in manchester nh)This year I'm planning on getting a slip or valet service at winnipesaukee or winnisquam to see if I'll use it more or if I should sell it. So far I've found some postings for a slip on winnipesaukee that's about 1h45 mins from my house, I put my name on a waiting list for valet at a marina 1 hour from my house and I found a slip on winnisquam about 45 mins from my house.

What I am wondering, is it worth it to drive 45 minutes extra each way for a slip on winni? How much would I really miss out on by being at squam instead? The valet service that is only 1 hr away has a waiting list and is almost 3000 for the season, while the slip in Moultonborough was listed at 2050. The slip at winnisquam was 2200.

Part of the allure of winnisquam to me, is that being only 45 mins away, I could realistically take the boat out on weekdays after work, where as if its 1h30-45 mins away it would be unlikely.
But I do think the ability to boat to different town docks and islands seems like it would be fun too.
Drew39k is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drew39k For This Useful Post:
LarryLesch (02-12-2019)