Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
CUINS

Default Handheld GPS

Does anyone know of a handheld GPS/Chartplotter that will accept a c-map cartridge.
Thanks
Don't like rocks!
CUINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:24 PM   #2
Mee-n-Mac

Unhappy I think you're out of luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUINS
Does anyone know of a handheld GPS/Chartplotter that will accept a c-map cartridge.
Thanks
Don't like rocks!
I remember one unit from Navman (?) that took C-Map cartridges but that was some years ago and I think it's been discontinued. I'm not aware of any others but if you search the various manufacturers websites you can find out for sure. One other possibility is the use of a PocketPC plus mapping software plus Bizer's chart in electronic form. It would be pretty expensive unless you already had the PocketPC part (or wanted it for other uses) but it would get you a detailed lake chart w/o a full sized GPS. Hopefully someone else knows more than I and can direct you the hand held you want.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
Lakewinniboater

Wink I had

I had the Garmin Handheld.... that you can buy a map for it from BIZER maps. However i return it because it was a pain in the arse! I got a Standard Horizon for the same money had it installed and use the CMAP.

Bigger screen easier to read and more lake friendly!!!

You can also try to find the NAVMAN on Ebay if it has been discontinued. I just think trying to use the handheld and navigate is too much of a pain and a small screen
Lakewinniboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:19 PM   #4
CUINS

Thanks for the replies folks. I was at the Boston Boat Show yesterday and found that SI-Tex has the Navmate I with an internal antenna which will take a c-map chip. It's not handheld but its portable enough to get on and off the boat easily enough. It's daylight readable and costs about $650. Thanks again.
CUINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
SIKSUKR

Hey I'm curious how cuins posted twice on this thread and shows a total of 2 posts on each post.Huh?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
Skipper

Lightbulb Post numbers and GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR
Hey I'm curious how cuins posted twice on this thread and shows a total of 2 posts on each post.Huh?
The number of posts is not a consecutive message count. It shows the TOTAL number of posts including photoposts by that user. The number on all that users messages updates with each new post.

The forum works different than a handheld GPS. I don't think any handhelds use C-maps.

Learn to be a real Skipper, click HERE and learn more.

Last edited by Skipper; 02-18-2005 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Fixed spilling mistakes
Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote