Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-18-2024, 01:27 PM   #1
stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I'm going up on Wednesday, I will try to give you a report on Wakewaun and Meredith bay then.
Curious Biggd if you got up there yesterday?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:38 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post

I'm here, Waukewan is frozen and snow covered, I even saw a couple of people Ice fishing about 50' from shore, not sure if I would trust it. I haven't been by Meredith bay yet but I think Waukewan will be a go with this stretch cold weather leading up to the hockey tournament
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biggd For This Useful Post:
CampHopeHockey (01-18-2024), DotRat (01-19-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 03:17 PM   #3
stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I'm here, Waukewan is frozen and snow covered, I even saw a couple of people Ice fishing about 50' from shore, not sure if I would trust it. I haven't been by Meredith bay yet but I think Waukewan will be a go with this stretch cold weather leading up to the hockey tournament
Thanks

Old 01-18-2024, 03:42 PM   #4
CampHopeHockey

Stingray - What division are ya'll? We are coming in from Wisconsin for the 30+ division and have been monitoring it closely. Drinks on us!

According to IceHoles, they are going to start putting out Bob Houses on the lake this Saturday. Weather looks great, hoping the IceOps crew can get out there and start their work.

Have seen people skating on 6+ inches in coves on Squam Lake already this week. Looks like most of the coves are locking up nicely.

Also, for what it is worth, rumor is one of the backup plans was flooding the local municipal airport!
CampHopeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CampHopeHockey For This Useful Post:
stingray (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 10:26 PM   #5
stingray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampHopeHockey View Post
Stingray - What division are ya'll? We are coming in from Wisconsin for the 30+ division and have been monitoring it closely. Drinks on us!

According to IceHoles, they are going to start putting out Bob Houses on the lake this Saturday. Weather looks great, hoping the IceOps crew can get out there and start their work.

Have seen people skating on 6+ inches in coves on Squam Lake already this week. Looks like most of the coves are locking up nicely.

Also, for what it is worth, rumor is one of the backup plans was flooding the local municipal airport!
Safe travels and have a great tournament. We are old f’s +50 Shinny. Ready for them to roll out a +60 a few years ago.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2024, 11:25 AM   #6
PCTim

Quote:
Safe travels and have a great tournament. We are old f’s +50 Shinny. Ready for them to roll out a +60 a few years ago.

Methuen Goons here. Mostly old and a couple of young ones. We play in Duster so we don't have to worry about playing on Sunday (although we don't have to worry about that anyways).
PCTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:45 PM   #7
JAMonk

Thirsty Turtles I and II coming from Boston next week. They think they are going to get bobhouses on meredith bay this weekend? or Waukewan. I feel we will probably be on waukewan again. cold weekend but going to be hard to get 4" of ice in meredith bay without a few more days like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampHopeHockey View Post

JAMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:36 PM   #8
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,163 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:

I went through Meredith today. About 1/2 of the visible area of the lake was skimmed over and the rest was open water. There is ice near the docks but it is open where the circulators are working.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Biggd (01-18-2024), PCTim (01-19-2024)