Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating > Boat Repairs & Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #1
GodSmile

Default Boat Carpet

Last winter I replaced the cockpit carpeting in my 2002 SeaRay 260. After some research and not finding a local option I went with a company called SnapIn Carpet out of MI. They have the original templates and the carpet fit perfectly (I had to install the snaps which they provided.). Now my cabin carpet is beginning to show its age, which is a bigger challenge. This carpet is glued down, and in some places also runs vertically (below the door to the head and in the galley area). Is there anyone locally who can do work like this and comes recommended?
GodSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GodSmile For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

I would think any rug person could do it if you got the material (I'm assuming marine grade). And, in this area, I wouldn't doubt if carpet companies have access to what you'd need.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
GodSmile (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #3
Descant

Thanked 1,498 Times in 975 Posts
Default Sea Ray carpet

Some years aoi I needed carpet replaced in the salon and galley. (35' Sea Ray Sedan Bridge) One local company I called didn't want to even look at it because "boat owners are too fussy." In today's world, I'd ask if they have done boats before.
Cutting and fitting in the galley was going to be a difficult operation at best due to fitting around the dinette, bulkheads, etc. and only the floor surface needed replacement. I replaced the carpet with parquet teak flooring (Cabinet maker/craftsman, not a carpet or flooring guy.) Looked much better and easier to clean spills. Just regular carpet in the salon, glued in place. The only fitting was around the engine hatches, as the carpet was rolled over the edges instead of covering the hatch seems with metal strips. Regular carpet, regular flooring guy. Good results.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote