Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 09-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #1
Palm Beachin'

Default Laconia transfer station

Would anyone know if the Laconia transfer station allows renters of Laconia residences a daily pass? One thing on our annual vacation is the amount of trash we (group of 14) a mass. We use the convenient recycling dumpster in Lakeport however need to get rid of the bulk. Thanks in advance for any help to our messy situation.
Palm Beachin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:55 AM   #2
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Call Them

Their phone number is: 603-528-5822.

The rules are followed pretty closely. I know that I went there with one of my vehicles and it had last years Gilford town sticker on it and I was denied.

That was by Don, the attendant in the scale house and he knows me by name and knows where my house is. He said he has to follow the rules. Hmmmm....
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #3
MeredithMan

Default maybe ask the owner of the place you're renting?

Friends who rent their places on the lake make the arrangements with their trash guy to pick up their renters' trash, just as they would pick it up if it were the owner's trash. Maybe ask the owner of the place you are renting if he/she has a trash guy?
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:08 AM   #4
dpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithMan View Post
Friends who rent their places on the lake make the arrangements with their trash guy to pick up their renters' trash, just as they would pick it up if it were the owner's trash. Maybe ask the owner of the place you are renting if he/she has a trash guy?
Yes - I'd think the owner would (should??) help out with that. Expecting renters to take one or two weeks of trash with them when they leave sounds a bit unreasonable.
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #5
Palm Beachin'

Thanks for the help. I do not know if they are on private or public trash pick up. Something I will have to look into. We have stayed in the same neighborhood for the past couple of years and we thought we were only allowed two barrels and panicked because we are way over that. We will have to ask the rules. Thanks again.
Palm Beachin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links