Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Seeker

Default Garmin GPS

Does anyone have the new Inland Lakes Garmin datacard, dvd, or sd card running on their GPS? If so how is the detail for Winnie? Supposed to be new for 2008.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
AC2717

Default Me To

I received that chip for Christmas, and I was wondering how it was, I was thinking about selling it and then buying the Bizer Chip.
People's thoughts
I know Bizer's is the best, but wanted to know how the detail on the inland chip is and if it was worth going through the hassle to sell it and then buy the other one
Old 04-14-2008, 02:23 PM   #3
AC2717

Default Help

can anyone comment on this one, time is getting to close to try and make a late decision
thank you
Old 04-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
Gatto Nero

What model Garmin do you have? I have a Nuvi that use use for the car. I figured I'd just put a lake chart on it and it would be fine. I've never tried the Garmin Inland lakes card but I did try the Bizer chart on my Nuvi and it did not show the colors of the Navaids. I called Garmin and they told me that I would probably experience the same issue with their own software because the Nuvi was not made for marine applications.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
AC2717

Default Garmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
What model Garmin do you have? I have a Nuvi that use use for the car. I figured I'd just put a lake chart on it and it would be fine. I've never tried the Garmin Inland lakes card but I did try the Bizer chart on my Nuvi and it did not show the colors of the Navaids. I called Garmin and they told me that I would probably experience the same issue with their own software because the Nuvi was not made for marine applications.
I have the Garmin 276C
Anythoughts anyone?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
NHskier

I bought a Garmin 276c last spring for use with Bizer's Garmin map and was very pleased with the combination. I chose the 276C because I wanted a unit that could also be used it in the car, plus photos on Bizer's website showed their map working with that model.

The Garmin map is not as complete as the C-Map version, but it's still very good. You can get more info and see pictures of that unit in use on their website:
http://www.bizer.com/garmin

And a couple of related threads:
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...NHskier+garmin
Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
AC2717

Default Garmin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHskier View Post
I bought a Garmin 276c last spring for use with Bizer's Garmin map and was very pleased with the combination. I chose the 276C because I wanted a unit that could also be used it in the car, plus photos on Bizer's website showed their map working with that model.

The Garmin map is not as complete as the C-Map version, but it's still very good. You can get more info and see pictures of that unit in use on their website:
http://www.bizer.com/garmin

And a couple of related threads:

I am excited for the unit, and I cannot wait ot use it to get to places off teh boat as well, that was a plus even thoguh I wanted the Standard Horizon CP180i.

Do you, or anyone, happen to know how the inland lakes Garmin chip is? I wanted the Bizer one, but this one was in my stocking from Santa
Old 04-21-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
NHskier

AC2717,

I have only seen the C-Map and Bizer Garmin versions so can't help with comparison of the Inland Lakes map. Maybe you could compare the Inland Lakes map with the screen shots on Bizer's site?
Old 04-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #9
AC2717

Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHskier View Post
AC2717,

I have only seen the C-Map and Bizer Garmin versions so can't help with comparison of the Inland Lakes map. Maybe you could compare the Inland Lakes map with the screen shots on Bizer's site?
Problem is I have not installed the GPS yet, doing it in next couple of weeks, and I di dnot want to open the package the chip came in, was thinking It would be easier to sell if not opened on Ebay or Craigslist, but if it was decent enough, I was going to keep it.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #10
jayp603

Default cheapo

does anyone know the cheapest garmin that will accept the bizer map?
jayp603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
Seeker

I have an old Garmin Map76 that I can download to. It won't take a data card but you can download directly to it (with the correct hardware). I put topo maps on mine and just use it snowmobiling now. I wouldn't recomment it for a boat as it is black and white. However you may be able to pick up a Map76C (same unit only color) used for very little cash. Just make sure you get a pc cable for it. Normally the older ones are NOT usb, just serial compatible but usb/serial adapters are available. Hope this helps.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #12
MV1

Garmin now has software that show's all markers and depth ranges for Winni. Software is available in cd, data-card, micro-chip form and will work in almost all GPSMAP units. I personally have the Bizer chip in my 178c unit and garmin's chip is VERY impressive.
MV1 is offline   Reply With Quote