Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts
Default Thank You WOW Marine!

Special thanks to WOW marine for going above and beyond and great service!

Last Sunday I lost my power assist steering in my Bennington. With a 350 Yamaha hanging off the back, steering it was next to impossible!

I called WOW Marine service department on Sunday afternoon and they surprisingly answered the phone. I was told to bring the boat by whenever I could so they could diagnose the issue so I brought the boat to them on Monday afternoon.

I was very concerned about not having the boat for a while as I needed it to shuttle many people from the mainland dock this Saturday for our yearly party at the island camp. I was also pretty certain it was the power assist pump which is rather expensive and being under warranty Bennington would want to supply the new pump and that could take a few days. I told the service manager my dilemma and he said he would do everything possible to get me up and running in time for the weekend.

Received a call today telling me my boat was ready!!! Rather than wait for the part from Bennington, they sourced it elsewhere and will plead their case to Bennington to get reimbursed for warranty repair! I'm sure with their selling power this will not be an issue but they didn't have to do this and I feel they went above and beyond to take care of a customer!...A lifelong customer!!

Thank you WOW Marine!!

Dan
Hillcountry (08-08-2019), upthesaukee (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 04:01 PM   #2
codeman671

We had a bimini frame crack on a Saturday afternoon. I out a call into Ryan, he told me to bring it right over. Within 20 minutes they had one pulled off a new boat and installed on mine. That's service!

I only wish my recent (and still ongoing) experience with a large dealer on the lake had been as smooth. Still dealing with a mess. Will not be going back there....
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 05:13 PM   #3
Hillcountry

The staff at WOW do go above and beyond!
We valet there and because of the lack of headspace in the rack where they stow our toon, we cannot use the “poles” that lift up the mooring cover to shed rain.
We called for a valet for Wednesday at end of day so I could go fishing this morning at 4AM. My wife and I took a ride over there after close of business yesterday to put the poles in for the expected rains last night...when we got there the staff had installed the poles for us! Thank you WOW!
There have been other occasions where they have taken care of a problem immediately, so we could get on the lake. Kudos to the service staff there!
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (08-08-2019)
Old 08-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
JADAQ

They got you right in because they are not real busy this time of year as well as other marina’s in the area. Most people should or already have their boat in the water and service needs are slow! Spring and fall is the busiest times in the marina world!

They also staff and man the phones in service 7 days this time of year just in case.
JADAQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:30 PM   #5
ishoot308

Thanked 4,924 Times in 1,906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADAQ View Post
They got you right in because they are not real busy this time of year as well as other marina’s in the area. Most people should or already have their boat in the water and service needs are slow! Spring and fall is the busiest times in the marina world!

They also staff and man the phones in service 7 days this time of year just in case.
That may be so but they still went out of there way to outsource a new pump instead of waiting for Bennington to ship one. Considering this was under warranty and a very expensive part, that was certainly something they didn’t have to do.

I have been dealing with them for about 10 years now. I have purchased three new boats there and sold them two. Every purchase and sale has been nothing but positive!

They have done tons of custom installation work on my Eastern to outfit for fishing to include kicker motor, wireless steering, trollmaster throttle control and many other items I didn’t care to take on. There work has always been done professionally and priced fairly and I have nothing but high praise for the Crawford family and their entire staff!

Dan
codeman671 (08-08-2019), Hillcountry (08-08-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
ACME on the Broads

Default Wow....the best!

Bought my new Bennington last year, the boat and the staff at WOW are outstanding; Evan Vornacka, Chris in service and John K are out of this world....great experience each time we deal with them.

A week ago our 4 year old grandson accidentally ripped our cover off the UBS port........called Evan and in a matter of days Evan had a new one from the factory................Brian, his dad Ed and the entire group are outstanding!
ACME on the Broads is offline   Reply With Quote