Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
WinnDixie

Default Great vacation!

Well, my long awaited vacation up there has come and gone! I just want to thank The Weather Gods, and all "Forumers "who lobbied them hard for great weather the first week of August! It was beautiful. Took the Mount on a gorgeous day; it was pretty packed--much to my delight, as I don't want it to ever fail to sail! We went on a Monday, and they don't make any stops then. It was, however, a very nice cruise all over the lake. I'd never done it that way before, but I think you see more of the lake...it did not disappoint! Of course we also ate-in-overdrive all the food we cannot get here. Sawyers lobster roll was the best I'd ever had; peppermint stick I.C. with chocolate jimmies--my entire lunch a couple of times; those onion rings..ummm...I will be in recovery for some time....but worth it!

Sure hope as many of you as possible are as lucky with your visits. Sorry I will miss the ForumFest...will be thinking of you!
WinnDixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
BGB2

Default Interlake Region High School Theatre

Are there still shows in the summer at the Meredith High School? I haven't been able to find an Internet address for them or Internet-based theater adverstisements in local newspapers. If an Internet address exists, can someone bring it to my attention? We are going to be the lakes region 8/25 to 8/27 and looking for casual evening entertainment. If the theater still exists but they don't have an Internet address, does anyone know what is playing? All assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I would have created a new thread for this question, but don't know how. Thanks in advance for any-all assistance.

Last edited by BGB2; 08-16-2009 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Typo
BGB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
A Piece of Heaven

http://www.interlakestheatre.com/season.html

this is the summer theatre link. I do not see a show beyond this weekend, maybe you could call. I thought they went through labor day.
A Piece of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #4
NHKathy

Default I agree - GREAT WEEK!

I also was at the lake the 1st week of August - was best week of the year so far at that point! We did the Winnipesaukee Belle this year - great tour! Had a great week!
NHKathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #5
BGB2

Default Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Piece of Heaven View Post
http://www.interlakestheatre.com/season.html

this is the summer theatre link. I do not see a show beyond this weekend, maybe you could call. I thought they went through labor day.
Thanks for the assistance/advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #6
winniplayhouse

Summer Theatre in Meredith Village finishes tonight. The Winnipesaukee Playhouse will be open when you're in town. During those dates we'll be playing Driving Miss Daisy starring Broadway vet Carolyn Kirsch (NH Theatre Awards winner for Best Actress last year). For those up during Labor Day weekend we have two fun special events - a Broadway Hits concert on Friday, Sept 4th and a mentalist on Sat, Sept 5th. Thanks to all those who saw Sleuth these last two weeks and made it our most popular play ever!
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
BGB2

Default Playhouse location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniplayhouse View Post
Summer Theatre in Meredith Village finishes tonight. The Winnipesaukee Playhouse will be open when you're in town. During those dates we'll be playing Driving Miss Daisy starring Broadway vet Carolyn Kirsch (NH Theatre Awards winner for Best Actress last year). For those up during Labor Day weekend we have two fun special events - a Broadway Hits concert on Friday, Sept 4th and a mentalist on Sat, Sept 5th. Thanks to all those who saw Sleuth these last two weeks and made it our most popular play ever!
Thanks for the info. Where is the Playhouse located?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:16 AM   #8
winniplayhouse

We are in the Alpenrose Plaza, at the corners of Rts. 3 and 11B in Weirs Beach. Formerly Dexter Plaza.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
KellyG

I just came back today and this past week had great weather! I'm glad you had great weather also.
KellyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #10
Winnigirl83

Default Winnipesaukee Playhouse

It's a GREAT venue to take in a show. I've been to a few shows and am never disappointed.
I haven't made it there this year - - I really wanted to see "Sleuth".

WinniPlayhouse, why no Sunday shows? Not enough attendance?

Last edited by Winnigirl83; 08-17-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
winniplayhouse

We're still working on the magic formula for what days to do shows/not do shows. Currently the summer schedule is everyday but Sunday. Our first season (maybe 2nd too?) we did Sundays and not Mondays and they didn't sell very well so we switched. Some shows Mondays don't sell great - others are sellouts! We've had years where every Friday is a sell-out and years where Fridays don't do as well throughout the whole summer (weekenders just arriving and not wanting to go out?!). So it's still a work-in-progress. Sometimes it has to do with how many days of rain we've had in a row! Then you get a show like Sleuth where every single performance is either nearly full or totally full.

Thanks for your support. Hope you make it over this year before the season ends!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #12
Winnigirl83

One more quick question: Are there still plans to move over by Annalee's?

P.S.
My favorite performance was "Veronica's Room".
Winnigirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
winniplayhouse

There are plans but there is no timetable at present. We have secured funding for phase one (company housing and site work) but are waiting on the town for a building permit and a few other issues to be resolved. Phase two (the actual theatre or theatres) are dependent on both the town and fundraising. Most of our operations have now moved over there. The only thing we still do in the Weirs are the actual performances! As we say, we have everything we need in Meredith... except a theatre!

Thanks for asking!