Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
KellyG

Default Used Bookstore

I thought I had read somewhere on here about a used bookstore in Laconia. Does anyone know of any in the area? I ordered some books for our vacation, but only one came in. That won't be enough to last us the week! I thought I would stop by one on Sunday to get some books.
KellyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
old coot
Deceased Member

There's a store (barn really) on Wolfeboro's Glendon Street that deals in used records and books. It is just past the old Masonic Temple (51 Glendon Street) which is now home to the Village Players. Glendon Street runs off Route 109, between the Wolfeboro Post Office and Hunter's IGA parking lot.
oc
old coot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #3
BiggieBoatBoomSkies

I think you are thinking of Annie's Bookstore (Shop? err one of em) on Union Ave. I drive past it all the time on the way to the Gilford Shaw's. Stopped in recently, and while I wasn't jumping for joy at the selection, I found a lot of interesting possibilities and a friendly clerk happy to help me find something interesting for an 8-year-old boy.
BiggieBoatBoomSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:15 AM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts
Default Annie's Book Stop

I agree, a very helpful clerk.

1330 Union Ave
Laconia, NH 03246-2123
(603) 528-4445‎
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
john60ri

Default Used Books

Annie's is a good place to go for paparback novels. It's a short distance from Shaws Plaza on the way to Laconia. The thrift store in downtown Laconia has a bunch of interesting old books. Check out the basement of the Holderness Library and the Plymouth Library. Also, there's a used bookshop in Plymouth right across the street from the common, next to the bakery I think. Mary Robertson's in Meredith at the top of the hill near the new rotary, but I heard this was closing at the end of last summer. Cheers!
john60ri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #6
fatlazyless

In Meredith, the Etcetera Shoppe has a large selection of consigned non-fiction, hardcover & softcover books, organized by category up on their second floor. They have so many instructional books crammed into the bookshelves you almost need a crowbar to pry one out.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Winnigirl

Annies is fantastic. You can turn in 10 books at once for credit and then when you make a purchase you can pay 50% with your credit. If you are bringing some in for credit, you should note that they don't accept hardcover books. I found some great selections there the other day.
Winnigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
KellyG

I found Annie's and I found the etc place. Annie's didn't have any Harlan Coben, which is what I was looking for. I did find one of his books at etc and it cost less than the paperback I bought at Annie's.

I also went to the Innissfree bookshop in Meredith. Bev, who works there, was great! I had actually bought a Harlan Coben book, and when I returned to the cottage, I realized I already brought the one I bought. I brought the book back to exchange it and Bev gave me some suggestions. I bought Damage Control by Robert Dugoni. What a great book! He has 3 books out and I plan on getting his other 2.

Bev had also suggested Dean Koontz's The Good Guy. When I told her I was not a fan of Dean Koontz, she said that she thinks that Dean and Harlan sat down and had lunch, and then he wrote this book. I bought it, but have not read it yet. She said another of Koontz's book that is like Harlan's is the Husband.

Bev also stated to watch for a brand new author named Noah Boyd. His book named The Brick Layers will be coming out in January. Bev gets to read some books before they are final, and she said this one is real good.

Whoever had mentioned before about Harlan Coben, thank you! I read 4 of his books this past week. every one was a page turner.
KellyG is offline   Reply With Quote