Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
BoatHouse
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 116
Thanks: 223
Thanked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Default Back Bay Boathouse

Had a very good meal at the Back Bay Boathouse in Wolfeboro on Friday night. They seemed to have plenty of workers and the restaurant was very busy on a snowy Friday night. I had Chicken Parm at the bar. Looking forward to going back.
BoatHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:34 PM   #2
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,003
Thanks: 1,095
Thanked 1,618 Times in 987 Posts
Default

Is that the place with the sinking dock before the Wolfe Trap?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:52 PM   #3
Neko
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 94
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Yes it is.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:46 AM   #4
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,003
Thanks: 1,095
Thanked 1,618 Times in 987 Posts
Default

While looking for a restaurant to eat at on a quick visit to camp, I discovered that the Back Bay Boathouse is where the Bayside Grill and Tavern was, which is why I was confused a bit.

Menu looks good, so we may give it a try. I have a message in to ask about docking and will report any new info I get. Though I like the Wolfe Trap, I certainly wouldn't mind another option back there for days on the ski.

One more note: the Back Bay was reopened by the owners of the Full Belli Deli, which I have had great experiences with, so I'm looking forward to the new place.
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
DotRat (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 01:52 PM   #5
Descant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Merrimack and Welch Island
Posts: 3,356
Thanks: 982
Thanked 1,262 Times in 802 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
While looking for a restaurant to eat at on a quick visit to camp, I discovered that the Back Bay Boathouse is where the Bayside Grill and Tavern was, which is why I was confused a bit.

Menu looks good, so we may give it a try. I have a message in to ask about docking and will report any new info I get. Though I like the Wolfe Trap, I certainly wouldn't mind another option back there for days on the ski.

One more note: the Back Bay was reopened by the owners of the Full Belli Deli, which I have had great experiences with, so I'm looking forward to the new place.
If this is the same location as the Back Bay Boathouse from 25(?) years ago, it is an easy walk from the Wolfeboro public docks, no need to squeeze under the bridge.
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2022, 01:58 PM   #6
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,642
Thanks: 606
Thanked 1,193 Times in 820 Posts
Default

Descant, it is the same location. Think, he not only owns the Full Belli Deli, but most recently ran the restaurant at the Kingswood Golf Course.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tis For This Useful Post:
Descant (01-16-2022), upthesaukee (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 03:09 PM   #7
upthesaukee
Senior Member
 
upthesaukee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alton Bay
Posts: 5,420
Blog Entries: 2
Thanks: 2,185
Thanked 1,833 Times in 1,021 Posts
Default Good food...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Descant, it is the same location. Think, he not only owns the Full Belli Deli, but most recently ran the restaurant at the Kingswood Golf Course.
Good food at KGC. We ate there after playing golf this past summer.

Dave
__________________
I Live Here... I am always UPTHESAUKEE !!!!
upthesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to upthesaukee For This Useful Post:
I.C.Isles (01-16-2022)
Old 01-16-2022, 03:15 PM   #8
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,003
Thanks: 1,095
Thanked 1,618 Times in 987 Posts
Default

Just finished up lunch, and this place is LEGIT. My family of four had the (excessive) following: Mac and cheese bites, fried mozzarella, corn chowder, flatbread pizza, steak and cheese wrap, half rack ribs and fries, fried chicken sandwich with house made chips, and baked mac and cheese.

All of it was awesome.

Woman we spoke to said they'll be adding a couple docks this spring.

Awesome addition to the areaógive it a go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:45 PM   #9
LakeDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Posts: 127
Thanks: 2
Thanked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
Just finished up lunch, and this place is LEGIT. My family of four had the (excessive) following: Mac and cheese bites, fried mozzarella, corn chowder, flatbread pizza, steak and cheese wrap, half rack ribs and fries, fried chicken sandwich with house made chips, and baked mac and cheese.

All of it was awesome.

Woman we spoke to said they'll be adding a couple docks this spring.

Awesome addition to the areaógive it a go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Will try them.
Let them know the locals appreciate being able to make reservations, especially during summer!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LakeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:10 PM   #10
WinterHarborGuy
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Wolfeboro
Posts: 23
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Bbb

I am impressed. Here are my thoughts...

*I went to the Kingswood Golf Course restaurant 6 or so times in 2021 and was always impressed by the staff, menu and portions. They were frequently a little short staffed, but that space can fit 100+ it would seem.

*Having said that, BBB has the same staff and it is working well it seems. I have been 3x and they are open 7 days and seem to have good staffing levels.

*The woman who seems to be in charge is a pro. Nice, honest, capable and very involved.

*The place needed an upgrade. They did a new entrance, put in brighter lighting, have a nice mural of Wolfeboro on the wall and it is a happier vibe.

*Food is solid and good. Portions are great.

*It has a very local feel.

I believe it is the only place in town that seems to have dinner 7 nights a week. It is off to a great start and I wish them well.
WinterHarborGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WinterHarborGuy For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 05:51 PM   #11
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,642
Thanks: 606
Thanked 1,193 Times in 820 Posts
Default

Doug is a local young man and I am so happy to see him do so well.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:06 PM   #12
SAB1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tuftonboro
Posts: 1,025
Thanks: 149
Thanked 252 Times in 189 Posts
Default

Doug makes great food and good size portions! You never go home hungry. Ate at the golf course many times. We did a function there last year and he did a great job. I’m sure he will do very well in his new digs.
SAB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAB1 For This Useful Post:
winterharbor59 (02-13-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 10:53 AM   #13
baygo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 651
Thanks: 172
Thanked 503 Times in 211 Posts
Default

He did a great job at the golf course!! I was able enjoy the food several times when I went over to play with a member. One of the others in our foursome wonít go back to the golf course now because he was only going for the food.

Iím surprised they left the golf course because as I understood it they had a very good deal. Hopefully he didnít base his decision on Covid era business.
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:13 AM   #14
Senter Cove Guy
Senior Member
 
Senter Cove Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 584
Thanks: 267
Thanked 407 Times in 132 Posts
Default Saturday Night - 01/22/2022

Went there tonight. Great food and nice surroundings. Waitstaff was attentive. They had a very nice guitarist/singer there tonight. Great atmosphere and great outing.
__________________
Lake Winni - The only place I want to be during the summer.
Senter Cove Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:05 PM   #15
Rockslider
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 45
Thanks: 5
Thanked 35 Times in 10 Posts
Default Maybe not for pizza...

During the snowstorm last week we ordered takeout pizza -- the Bayside Grill used to do a decent one, a traditional large pie. We ordered two large cheese pizzas -- $30 with a tip. It wasn't bad -- they do a flatbread pizza -- but what we received was not quite what we expected, especially for the price. When I was taking the recycling to the dump today I noticed that both "large" pizza boxes fit into a Papa Gino's box with room to spare...

Looking forward to trying the place, but not for the pizza.
Attached Images
 
Rockslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #16
secondcurve
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,062
Thanks: 1,215
Thanked 546 Times in 279 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
He did a great job at the golf course!! I was able enjoy the food several times when I went over to play with a member. One of the others in our foursome wonít go back to the golf course now because he was only going for the food.

Iím surprised they left the golf course because as I understood it they had a very good deal. Hopefully he didnít base his decision on Covid era business.
Does anyone know what the golf course is going to do for dining? Are they open this winter?
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:09 AM   #17
tis
Senior Member
 
tis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,642
Thanks: 606
Thanked 1,193 Times in 820 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
Does anyone know what the golf course is going to do for dining? Are they open this winter?
They have someone to take it over.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:22 AM   #18
thinkxingu
Senior Member
 
thinkxingu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,003
Thanks: 1,095
Thanked 1,618 Times in 987 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockslider View Post
During the snowstorm last week we ordered takeout pizza -- the Bayside Grill used to do a decent one, a traditional large pie. We ordered two large cheese pizzas -- $30 with a tip. It wasn't bad -- they do a flatbread pizza -- but what we received was not quite what we expected, especially for the price. When I was taking the recycling to the dump today I noticed that both "large" pizza boxes fit into a Papa Gino's box with room to spare...

Looking forward to trying the place, but not for the pizza.
I had the pizza while dining in a couple weeks ago, and it's exactly what I would expect for a "bar flatbread," which is much different than a pizza pie at a pizzeria.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post:
BoatHouse (02-10-2022)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.25980 seconds