Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2021, 03:39 PM   #1
MeredithMan

Default George's Diner and 48 Main Cafe

Finally, after 10 years in Meredith and almost 50 years on the lake, (although they've only been open 31 years), we tried George's Diner yesterday. Excellent breakfast! My wife and daughter both had pancakes, which they described as "fluffy and tasty". I had scrambled eggs and corned beef hash, which was very good. Home fries were just plain potatoes...no onions or peppers or other "junk" in them. We had been faithful customers of Sunshine and Pa's, but I think they lost their regular staff during the 'rona, because it has been underwhelming the few times we've gone in there this fall.

Later in the day, we popped in to the 48 Main Cafe, (after going to the new Meredith Library Open House). Note that they are no longer at 48 Main Street; they are now at 94 Main Street, directly across from the library. We split a turkey sandwich that was made with chipotle mayo, swiss cheese, greens, on toasted "rustic bread". It was very good! It seems that their main, (no pun intended), gig is crepes, smoothies, coffee/muffins, which all sounded very good.

Definitely recommend both local eateries!
MeredithMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MeredithMan For This Useful Post:
FlyingScot (12-05-2021)
Old 12-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #2
camp guy

Default George's Diner

George's Diner has been consistently good, very pleasant servers, and fair prices. I have never had a bad experience, and I feel comfortable suggesting George's to people who ask about a place to eat. It has the ambience of a diner for a very simple reason - it is a diner, and an excellent one at that.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post:
Electric man (12-11-2021)
Old 06-17-2022, 06:08 PM   #3
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

My son and I won a weekend cribbage tournament against my wife and daughter, so we got to choose a new restaurant to try tonight (Friday).

Although it's a tad weird that they only have a specials menu (rather than a full menu), the choices were fine and the food was pretty great. I got the seafood platter—if I liked haddock more, I'd have tried the AYCTE fish fry—and the others got chicken fingers, a cheeseburger, and steak tips.

Everything was excellent, and the price was very reasonable. If you're in the area and haven't been in, give it a go!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote