Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #101
momof3

Default Went to LP Saturday Night

My husband and I love the LP.
We went there Saturday night and had dinner, very happy with our service and the food. A small problem arose that was neither the waitress or the owners fault but we addressed the issue with the waitress to make her aware of the issue.She had the owner (I beleive it was Mike, but have never met him ) come over and talk to us about our concern. He was very attentive and then took one meal off the bill and gave us a free dessert...to us this was above and beyond what he needed to do. We will continue to go there!
momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:33 AM   #102
Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
My post had nothing to do with food reviews. It was to point out the lack of character in how the current owner handles such reviews. Plain and simple. If customer service is not his strong point, perhaps he needs to hire a PR person for that.

Personally I have not eaten at the new lobster pound, so I would not and have not, had anything to say regarding the food.
He directly addressed the unnecessarily crass public "review" in a way which explained the issue and then defended his restaurant from unfair criticism. I wouldn't have changed a word if I were in his position. The word "malice" is accurate, almost defamous.

Lt. Dunleavy of the NHMP saidto me in an email, to paraphrase: "The truth can be found somewhere in the middle." In which case, I still side with the LP on this.

You can't prep and cook a filet of tuna in less than 20 minutes, much less be served a complete meal on a Saturday night in time to make a concert. And surely the OP did not actually tell his waitress that they needed to make the concert, or none of this would have happened.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #103
sa meredith

Default better and better

Christ...this just gets better and better.
Just came back from 10 days in Meredith. Made two trips to LP (drinks/ apps only)...both experiences were perfect. Good fun, live music, nice buzz.
Tonight, logged on to computer for first time since getting home, and had to laugh out loud when I saw this thread still going strong.
I believe the OP...and believe that Mike Ray's posts are sincere as well...
But mostly I believe...and no one can tell me differently...that LP loves all this publicity, and it is indeed good for business. How can it not be????
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #104
Skip

Thumbs up I gotta check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa meredith View Post
Christ...this just gets better and better.
Just came back from 10 days in Meredith. Made two trips to LP (drinks/ apps only)...both experiences were perfect. Good fun, live music, nice buzz.
Tonight, logged on to computer for first time since getting home, and had to laugh out loud when I saw this thread still going strong.
I believe the OP...and believe that Mike Ray's posts are sincere as well...
But mostly I believe...and no one can tell me differently...that LP loves all this publicity, and it is indeed good for business. How can it not be????
You make an excellent point sa....

The buzz about this place is amazing. I have never been there, but my wife is doing some extensive travelling in the next month or two, and I'll have plenty of bachelor time on my hands. The LP is one place I definitely will now try to make a roadtrip too.

Of course I'll check in here after I do....
Skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #105
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

The buzz about this place is amazing. I have never been there, but my wife is doing some extensive travelling in the next month or two, and I'll have plenty of bachelor time on my hands. The LP is one place I definitely will now try to make a roadtrip too.

I personally liked the ribs the best, but I am a rib freak

It's a fun place Skip. Say hi to Mike.
VtSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #106
jmen24

Quote:

I agree, about stopping in. I have wanted to try the new LP since it opened. It will happen eventually. I will probably not add a review of my food as I do not believe my taste is refined enough. But, good food is good food.

I really hope that my prior post is not being taken out of context. Mike has every right to defend his blood, sweat and tears. I just do not believe that the open forum is the venue for that conversation. You just do not see very many restuarant owners barking up that tree when it lands in front of them.

Remember, it is very important not to take Professional criticism, Personally.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #107
RLW

Quote:

Oh, that is bad Skip if you have to wait for the bride to go away before you can have bachelor time and eat out.