Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Pepper

Thumbs up Annie's Cafe

On Wednesday I found myself hankering for a really good sandwich. I was driving down Union Avenue thinking to myself "just go home and make yourself a lunch you know you'll enjoy." but I was pressed for time, and honestly didn't have the energy or desire to go through the fuss of making a good lunch. Then I remembered hearing somewhere about a tiny place in the little plaza where Domino's is located, and decided I might as well give it a try.

As many of you know, I am a bit particular when it comes to quality. In order for me to endorse any establishment, there are a few mandatory requirements, such as: fresh and wholesome ingredients, friendly and helpful staff, proper food-handling procedures must be evident, a nice variety of options, and reasonable pricing.

Well, I'm thrilled to report that I found all of the above at Annie's! I had a hard time making my selection, because there were so many yummy possibilities. I settled on a Panini with turkey, cheese, sliced apple and craisins. After being offered a great selection of bread choices, I watched my sandwich being crafted with great care.

I could hardly wait to get back to work and taste it. Now I can hardly wait to go back and try some of the other selections she offers! The sandwich was wonderful, as was the fresh-baked chocolate-chip cookie I selected for dessert.

If you haven't found this little gem yet, you owe it to yourself to work up an appetite and check it out! Pepper rates Annie's Cafe TWO VERY ENTHUSIASTIC THUMBS UP!!!!
jkjoshuatree (01-28-2011), kauriel (01-28-2011), RamJet (01-28-2011), Rattlesnake Gal (02-13-2011), RLW (10-27-2011), Waterbaby (03-18-2011), wMw (01-28-2011)
Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
Just Sold

Pepper - Thanks for the 2 thumbs up.

I will have to visit the next time I am up. Might be a good place to pick up lunch for out on the boat this summer too.

Annie's Place
585 Union Avenue
Laconia, NH 03246-2504
603-524-6400

Last edited by Just Sold; 01-28-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Corrected Phone #
Just Sold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
wMw

Default Annie's Cafe and Catering...

I have to agree with Pepper, Annie's is a great place for a quick informal lunch. I have a different phone number for them: (603) 524-6400...

Thanks, Pepper for reminding me that it has been a while since I've been to Annie's and I have to get there soon.

Sing...Dance...Love...Live deliberately!!!
wMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #4
winniplayhouse

Had lunch there today on the recommendation of a colleague and I totally agree with Pepper. This is a fantastic little cafe! The sandwiches were creative and delicious. The owner was very friendly. On top of a great lunch as we were leaving she informed us it was "free cookie Friday!" What could be better than that?

It's easy to pass this place by and not notice it... be sure to give it a try!
winniplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to winniplayhouse For This Useful Post:
Pepper (03-12-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 06:54 AM   #5
Newbiesaukee

We had lunch at Annie's yesterday. Food was excellent and seems all is made in store. Also excellent espresso. Strongly recommend you try it if you are in Laconia.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."

Last edited by Newbiesaukee; 10-27-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links