Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2009, 05:33 AM   #1
Redsoxlover

Default Taste of Tuscany

Still closed anyone know if they have gone under? Also has anyone else heard rumors of Common Man looking at old Gilligan's spot. I doubt with no parking there it could be true.
Redsoxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxlover View Post
Still closed anyone know if they have gone under? Also has anyone else heard rumors of Common Man looking at old Gilligan's spot. I doubt with no parking there it could be true.
The Gilligans building would have to be a teardown. perhaps with the lot in back (for rent sign now) and a new layout it would work.

Didn't I just see something about Tuscany going to Alton?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
ARV

Nobody will buy the Old Gilligan's! It would be far too expensive to install any HVAC (since there is none) plus all the other repairs I'm sure are required. I'm certain that someone would have burned it down by now if it wasn't across the street from the Fire Department! Such a shame with such a great location!
ARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
donnamatrix

Default Is this poor building just going to rot?

Two of the windows on the front (upstairs) are wide open, and have been for at least a month ... with all this bad weather... is the building just being left to deterioriate?
donnamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs down What is the % of Restraunts Reopening

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxlover View Post

A Taste of ??????????????
It always bothers me when I see one of those hand written signs in the window say "Closed for Renovations". I wonder what the percentages are for those that actually do reopen?

They started of really well. They provide the food for one of our Snowmobile Club meetings and every thing was great.

I almost feel they contracted the business out. Over the last six months or so the pizza was bad, burnt to a CRISP most of the time. I have not seen any of the brothers there for quite some time.

My wife called one night after I had brought a pizza home that was incinerated and the girl she talked to basically inferred " and ya, so what's the problem?". Finally she figured it out that we were not happy. Then with a little coaching she offered us a "free" pizza the next time we came in. Well guess what, about four months latter we were desperate for a pizza. We figured let's get our "free" replacement pizza. Yes, it was as bad as the first one.

Last edited by WINNOCTURN; 10-26-2009 at 12:05 PM.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
AKADQ

Post Being good at one thing

I was told on Friday by a person close to the source that the Taste of Tuscany ( also the same owners of the Tamarak) will not be re-opening for business and that their lease will be taken over by the movie rental business next door for expansion. The current condition of the economy, poor management and employee theft were all problems at Tuscany's.
Also all three partners (all brothers) grew to big to fast, creating finacial problems and eventually splitting up the team. On the positive side of this story is that the focus will be on the Tamarak ( which I was told had a great season) and that the pizza concept behind the Tamarak will also be dropped. Good luck, I hope they make it through this...
AKADQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #7
gonetoolong

Default Thought I ought to chime in...

Hi folks, been pretty busy with the past summer so I haven't had a chance to respond. Yes, I've closed Tuscany in Mltnboro. AKADQ, thanks for the good wishes & you pretty much nailed it except, yes we were robbed but I seriously doubt it was employee theft. I believe the thieves came in thru a window with a broken lock on it. Also, I don't know who is gonna take it over, I think it may just be leased as office space. I hadn't heard that the video store is gonna expand.

The whole thing (Tamarack & Tuscany) started off with myself (Jim) & my 2 brothers Mike & George. One brother (Mike) wanted to go off and do other things so the 2 remaining brothers (myself & George) bought him out. Last winter Georges family (out in the Midwest) ran into some health issues so he had to go out there & help out for what he thought would be a short time. Well, as these things happen,
it looks like it will be more of a long term thing so I bought him out. That left me running 3 places & sorry to say, I just wasn't up to it by myself. Tuscany in Mltnboro suffered because I just didn't have the bandwidth or experience to oversee it as it deserved & I apologize to all of you out there for that. Not too sure what I'm gonna do with Tuscany in Laconia this spring. On a positive note, Tamarack did quite well and I can't wait for spring !

Sincerely,

Jim Clayton

PS Winocturn, please PM me.

Last edited by gonetoolong; 10-31-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add a PS
gonetoolong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
twoplustwo

Default best wishes, Jim

I'm sorry you've had to deal with so much this year. I wish you luck with Tamarack and hope your brother's family's health issues clear up. Best wishes for a better year next year.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #9
SIKSUKR

This explains why we have not heard from Mike in a while.