Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #1
Alby Abrevaya

Smile Valentine"s night at the LYONS DEN!

Hi everybody this is ALBY telling you about about last nights dinner at the LYONS DEN, in GILFORD. Lauren, and her daughter Nicole, did a great job and set the scene for a romantic evening. We were a party of 6, all well seasoned on LAKE WINNI. The table settings were festive and the drinks were properly made. Roland, Laurens husband, OWNER and Chef, had many delicious specials on the menu for the evening. My Lobster Pie, rice and veggies were cooked perfectly. My wife LaDonna had a coated and grilled Swordfish, that she said was cooked to perfection. The special dessert was a Italian Canole, with vanilla and chocholate filling, covered in a rich Dark Chocholate Hot Sauce, and Rasberry Decorations. Lisa,Bill, Deb, Paul, LaDonna and ALBY really enjoyed ourselves and thank everybody at the LYONS DEN,over looking the docks in Gilford.

Last edited by Alby Abrevaya; 02-15-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: To correct spelling
Alby Abrevaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
billhurley

Default Valentine's night

I had the chicken parm. which was great. It was tough to pass up the teriyaki tips, but it was worth it. The food atmosphere and service was great as always.
billhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
Phantom

Default Valentines Dinner

Well, it looks like I now know who else was there that night-- a shame we didn't know each other or have some sort of "lapel pin" to depict us as Forum members (food for future thought- pardon the pun).

My wife & I also took the jouney up to the Lake for Valentines Day, on a whim (trying to make the trip complete) I called Lauren late Thursday before heading up to see if there was any wild chance of getting a reservation -- Not that I truely expected any openings that late in the game --My lucky day, someone canceled that very day!!!

Once again we took a "first-timer" & local business owner with us to introduce her to the place -- I think you folks above pretty well captured her delight (and future recommendations to others). Unfortunately for us, desert was NOT in the cards, however tempting. Once again, too many appetizers -- damn we're gonna learn one of these days.

Lauren, hope your arm heals quickly -- it was quite a show watching you hustle 3 or more entree's in your arms without a tray!!

Enjoy the rest of your Winter, we probably won't be back up again, unfortunately,until Memorial Day.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Debbie Realtor

Default The Lyon's Den gets a 10!

It was absolutely a night to remember! I had the Chicken Française, a perfectly delicious Breast of Chicken Dipped in Egg, Sautéed with Lemon and White Wine and Paul had the Chicken Parm too. Our party of 6 enjoyed ourselves tremendously! Everyone visiting the Lakes Region should experience the wonderful atmosphere and warm, inviting service they are so well known for. The Lyon's Den gets a 10!
Debbie Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
vmartino26

Default Wonderful

Had a wonderful dinner Valentine's evening at the Lyon's Den. A little bit different for us. Four adults and two children. Took our reservation the night before and they were able to seat us at 5:00 p.m. on VD. It worked out well because we really didn't want to be around later in the evening with two kids ages 8 and 5. It was our first time, and the food was wonderful. That along with the atmosphere made for a wonderful evening. I highly recommend the Lyon's Den and look forward to many return trips ahead!
vmartino26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
nicole

I am glad that everyone enjoyed their Valentine's Day meals at the Lyons Den. What is the dress code like? Is this a fancy place? Are reservations normally needed?

I have been reading posts by many of you about this place for a while and want to check it out.

Thanks!

Nicole
nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
ishoot308

Thanked 4,939 Times in 1,915 Posts

I would recommend reservations if your going on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Is it a fancy place?... I wouldn't call it fanccy...I think it is nicely decored restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere and a wonderful view from the main window. As far as dress code they are pretty informal and it's really not an issue.

Enjoy, the Lyons Den is a GREAT place!

Dan
ishoot308 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post:
nicole (02-18-2009)
Old 02-18-2009, 11:21 AM   #8
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I would recommend reservations if your going on a Friday or Saturday evening.

Is it a fancy place?... I wouldn't call it fanccy...I think it is nicely decored restaurant with a relaxing atmosphere and a wonderful view from the main window. As far as dress code they are pretty informal and it's really not an issue.

Enjoy, the Lyons Den is a GREAT place!

Dan

Thanks Dan! I guess I used the word fancy because I was a little concerned about walking in and being underdressed and feeling out of place. After reading your reply, I don't have that concern.

Thanks again!

Nicole
Old 02-20-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Phantom

Nicole -- Like many of the "nicer" restaurants in the Lake area .... the dress can be what you want for the occassion. By that I mean you won't feel out of place if it's a special occasion and the gents wear jackets (definately no tie needed) but don't be surprised to find the table next to you in jeans or Dockers (shorts in summer).

On the other end of the spectrum, it's not a ragged T-shirt, bar casual, type of atmosphere. As a golfer, I think it's best described as "golf Attire" (collered shirts, clean slacks/shorts)

Hope I didn't confuse you!!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Nicole -- Like many of the "nicer" restaurants in the Lake area .... the dress can be what you want for the occassion. By that I mean you won't feel out of place if it's a special occasion and the gents wear jackets (definately no tie needed) but don't be surprised to find the table next to you in jeans or Dockers (shorts in summer).

On the other end of the spectrum, it's not a ragged T-shirt, bar casual, type of atmosphere. As a golfer, I think it's best described as "golf Attire" (collered shirts, clean slacks/shorts)

Hope I didn't confuse you!!
Hi Phantom-

No you did not confuse me- I understand. Thanks for the info!

Nicole