Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Airwaves

Default Unsubscribe? Or is this the Mafia?

How do you unsubscribe from this forum?

I know I can just stop posting however our esteemed webmaster will continue to use my user name as a selling point to advertisers.

I have asked that my log-in be removed in the past and stopped posting for a while however when I checked, low and behold here I am!

I want out!

However I do not want Don to be able to use my mistake in subscribing to his website as a way to market his website.

Completely eliminate Airwaves from your log-in AND MEMBERS LIST!

I know that others have demanded the same however their log-ins are still listed...this should be a warning to advertisers that in addition to this forum eliminating discussions of issues actually relavant to Lake Winnipesaukee, the webmaster is artificailly inflating the number of "members".
The Following User Says Thank You to Airwaves For This Useful Post:
Yosemite Sam (05-14-2010)
Old 05-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Kamper

I've said this before and will probably say it again... "When you want to leave a web-site, just go."

For you I will add that you should not look back. It's like driving past your ex's to see if they're still using the stuff you gave them. It annoys you, it might annoy them too and everyone you tell thinks you're being foolish.

Good luck with your future endeavors!
Old 05-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
Tired of Waiting

Default Am I missing somethine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post

I know I can just stop posting however our esteemed webmaster will continue to use my user name as a selling point to advertisers.

I have asked that my log-in be removed in the past and stopped posting for a while however when I checked, low and behold here I am!

I want out!

However I do not want Don to be able to use my mistake in subscribing to his website as a way to market his website.

I know that others have demanded the same however their log-ins are still listed...this should be a warning to advertisers that in addition to this forum eliminating discussions of issues actually relavant to Lake Winnipesaukee, the webmaster is artificailly inflating the number of "members".
AW,

You have been posting right along. Even yesterday. You have always been active. If as you say you want out just go. I'm sure the master will deal with the account like all other masters do. Your name will fade into the dull past the longer you are away.

But I still don't know what the real issue is. Oh Well.

ToW
Old 05-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
SIKSUKR

Wow, it would seem you have some ax to grind with Don. You feel you have to stomp your feet and vent here. You've posted here 12 times in the last 2 weeks. Doesn't sound like somebody that can't get out. Sounds more like somebody that won't let go.
hancoveguy (05-14-2010), Island Life (05-17-2010), nshore (05-14-2010), Rattlesnake Guy (05-14-2010), Winnigirl (05-14-2010)
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
EZ-Pass

Sounds like someone had a bad night or it is before the hang over.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #6
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
is this the Mafia?
Thanks for not calling me a Nazi like a few others have. I like Godfather much better.

Quote:
As others have said, if you don't like the forum just don't visit. I will disable your login and remove you from the Members List if that's what you want but all that will do is prevent you from logging in and posting in the future if you find that you want to chime in on a topic. Since you post so much I would think you'd want to leave that option open.

However, I won't delete your entire membership. That would mean deleting all 1183 posts you made over a 4 year period. Those posts are parts of conversations, many people responded to them and some of them were thread starters. To remove all those posts would disrupt countless threads. When you post on an Internet forum you should assume that your posts will remain for the benefit of other forum visitors.

Quote:
I have never marketed the advertising on this site in any way and I certainly have never used your username as a selling point. The advertisers contact me because they want exposure to thousands of Lakes Region visitors and residents. I doubt most of them even know how many members we have and that number has never, ever come up when new advertisers contact me. The number of members is not that significant anyway since guests usually outnumber members on the site by 10-1 at any given time.

Quote:
I want out!
You've posted 17 times since May 1st including your last post at 7:34 last night. You posted on May 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 12 and 13. If you really want out why do you post almost daily?

Quote:
this should be a warning to advertisers that in addition to this forum eliminating discussions of issues actually relavant to Lake Winnipesaukee, the webmaster is artificailly inflating the number of "members".
The only discussion I've ever put a lid on was the Speed Limit topic, and that was after many months and thousands of posts. I've received some criticism for that decision but I did what I thought was best for this forum after much deliberation.

I'm sorry to see anyone leave the forum but people come and go all the time. I do appreciate all the contributions you've made since joining in 2006.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Blue Thunder (05-16-2010), Chris Exley (05-17-2010), DRH (05-14-2010), Drummer Girl (05-14-2010), eillac@dow (05-14-2010), Island Life (05-17-2010), ITD (05-14-2010), Janet (05-14-2010), Just Sold (05-15-2010), Natt (05-16-2010), Pepper (05-15-2010), Rattlesnake Gal (05-18-2010), Rattlesnake Guy (05-14-2010), Resident 2B (05-15-2010), RI Swamp Yankee (05-14-2010), SteveA (05-14-2010), Tallyho (05-14-2010), trfour (05-14-2010), upthesaukee (05-14-2010), WinnDixie (05-14-2010), Winnigirl (05-14-2010)
Old 05-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
sa meredith

Default ???

Quote:

I want out!

I don't understand this. You posted to a thread a hour and a half before you posted this. And twice the day before.
Seriously...Is this post supposed to have some sort of hidden meaning, not readily visible to everyone?
A very simple, brief investigation into your posting history shows no real time gaps in your posts. Pretty much every day, or every other day for the past few months. The single biggest gap I found was 4/1/2010 until 4/10/2010, and then you came back strong with an even forty (yes, 40) posts between then (4/10/2010) and now. Averaging over 1 per day.
So I can only assume that this post has some sort of "inside" message you are sending. You certainly have demonstrated no desire to leave the forum, in my opinion anyway.
Sort of like the guy who says he is quitting drinking, as he cracks a beer, and says "...first thing, tomorrow..."
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post:
Eagle (05-14-2010)
Old 05-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
ITD

This thread just compelled me to hit the donate button at the top up there....... Thanks for what you do Mr. Webmaster!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (05-18-2010)
Old 05-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
VtSteve

Well after this one, I'm going to crack open a beer myself.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Already had a mai tai, but

I may have to have a beer as well. Good idea, Vt Steve.

I am confused, but perhaps the best thing I could say at this point, is like when I sign out of my cell phone voice mail with Verizon: that very nice voice says: " Goodbye!"
Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 PM   #11
Merrymeeting

My first thought upon seeing this post was how inappropriate the subject line was. If this was the Mafia, you and your membership would have been taken care of as quickly as you would like, and I doubt we'd be reading more of your posts.

Our webmaster is much kinder and forgiving...
Old 05-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
trfour

Post WOW, I Haven't Had A Cold Beck's Since Years...

I propose a toast to any that want to leave this wonderful website. And may I say also that we all do try to get along, + - . If the family effect doesn't please you here, then and only then, consider yourself whacked.

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 05-15-2010, 05:45 AM   #13
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts
Default The tone of the original post ...

rang a bell. Well several bells.

I seem to recall that our Airwaves is or was a broadcaster of some sort. Maybe I have that wrong. But if I'm correct, maybe it's just this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM
Rattlesnake Guy (05-15-2010)
Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #14
Gilligan

Question Who the heck is this guy?

Quote:

How does his name work to sell advertising? Maybe I was isolated too long but I never heard of him other than here on the forum. The name "Airwaves" would not cause me to buy anything so what am I missing? Is he famous?

If Airwaves is a name that influences people like advertisers then maybe I should change to that name if it is removed from the roster. If it is removed it then becomes available, right? Would I get free stuff or special consideration for being a sought after member called "Airwaves"? If he were still here I'd ask him why advertisers would want to advertise on the forum because of his name. I don't know.

What I do know is he is slow and can't spell well. Slow to conclude that he made a mistake 4 years ago in 2006 when he registered for the forum. Slow to realize what is acceptable on the forum. I know that he can't spell the words "artificially" or "relevant" . I know that he has been involved with some back and forth heated exchanges on some topics to the point that Webmaster has either deleted some posts, locked or eliminated some threads. He also has had some good information and points to share with the forum.

I've been on the forum a long time. I've been on forum moderation a long time too (that's no fun). I recall Webmaster reducing and eliminating numbers of users that were registered by spammers. If he were artificially inflating member numbers he sure could do a better job at it . If I were an advertiser I would look at web traffic and count web hits rather than look at a list of registered users many of whom rarely post.

I like Steve A's suggestion but I don't recognize the guy in that video either.
So, who the heck is Airwaves that his presence would cause people to want to advertise here?

Last edited by Gilligan; 05-15-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Hey, I'm not longer on moderation! I'm so happy. I'll be good. Thank you esteemed Webmaster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilligan For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Guy (05-15-2010)
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #15
Chickie

Default Best Way To Go.

I learned back in elementary school days that whenever I wanted out of the game, to just pick up my marbles and go home - no tantrum and no name calling. In that way, should I want to return to play another day, I would be welcomed back and there would be no hard feelings. A simple solution that worked for me in solving life's complex problems.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #16
Rattlesnake Guy

I would think that having the actual Gilligan of Island fame would be far more valuable than some guy named....I forgot already.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #17
Bear Islander

Ok. . . I'm lost here.

Is whats his name famous or something. Is he Rush Limbaugh or Don Imus or something? Seriously, I have no idea.

If somebody knows what is going on here, please send me a PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #18
WinnDixie

Default If you find out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
Ok. . . I'm lost here.

Is whats his name famous or something. Is he Rush Limbaugh or Don Imus or something? Seriously, I have no idea.

If somebody knows what is going on here, please send me a PM.

I could be mistaken, but I think most of us are just at "what??? what???"...so if you find out anything, hope you'll share!!
Old 05-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
idigtractors

OK let us all as it appears that we are and I personally think that Don did a great job in thread #6 answering the problem .
The Following User Says Thank You to idigtractors For This Useful Post:
RI Swamp Yankee (05-15-2010)
Old 05-16-2010, 07:36 AM   #20
Tomt

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #21
ishoot308

Thanked 4,940 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomt View Post
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"
Now that's funny right there!!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #22
SIKSUKR

I believe the most famous member we have here is Bear Islander. I dont hear him whining.