Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #1
Webbsatwinni

Default Sonic at mountain view marina

With our boat search continuing, we have found a sonic that in pics looks nice. Its in a marina in MO and without knowing if we like that boat (the model not the condition) its tough to commit to the trip but we may do it next weekend.

We were at Mountain View looking at another boat and while walking back to ours, we saw a Sonic 38 that was the same as the one in MO. We had not seen one up close before and it gave us a better feel for the boat just seeing it. That comes to my question, is the owner of the Sonic 38 that is in the front row at MV on the forum and would they be willing to show us the boat so we can get a feel for it and if we should make the trip to MO? If they are or if someone knows the owner, can you IM me if there is a possibility of seeing it?

Thanks
George
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Belmont Resident

Default Try contacting Irwin Marina

Irwin runs MV ask them to pass your request onto the owner if they have the information. I'm not sure if they have the info in the privately owned slips but they might.
Glad to see the affection for that type of boat on Winni. is still there.
When the speed limits first were introduced a lot of those boats left the lake or got traded in for cruisers, but just this summer I have noticed a lot of new performance boats back out on the lake.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
Sleezstak

Im in Paugus Bay and think there is an owner of one at Irwin. Do not think it is 38' but will get you an idea. Think its called Sonic Boom.
Alot of great performance boats for sale around Winni. so take your time. You may not need to go that far.
Sleezstak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
codeman671

I know of a few nice Fountain 35' and 38' Lightnings in the area. One of them is owned by the service manager of a Fountain dealer.

Have you looked at Sunsations? They are one of my favorites. The guys at the factory are great as well. They have a very loyal client following.

I like the Sonics, and enjoyed mine, but support is tough with all of the buyouts that have happened in past years. Parts availability can be tough on brand specific stuff. I had issues with stupid things like the windshield grommets. Couldn't find them anywhere! I am a purchasing/commodity guy by trade, and scour the earth for everything. A lot of the vendors that supplied Sonic over the years are no longer around.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Webbsatwinni

The sonic chase continues, found one around 5 hours from ct. We were coming out of west Alton today and saw a Sonic hard to tell 31 or 35 ft but same color schemes.

It was good to see it in the real world and I'm more motivated to make the trip. So thanks to the couple in the Sonic going into the sand bar around 5pm today!!!!!
Webbsatwinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
trfour

Thumbs up Pictures Please

Here's some pic's of a custom 41' SE High Deck that I kept running for an old boss. With the deep V hull and the dual engine configuration it was one of the best handling boats that I ever water tested and Captained on occasion. It would easily turn 360 degrees within it's own length for docking, and this one had some sauce with it's 1500 ponies in the engine room.

PS; Pictured left; P. F. O'connor and your's truly, dockside.

I'm not sure about y'all, but I like pictures!!

Terry

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 09-02-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: PS
trfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
pmasry

Default Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webbsatwinni View Post
With our boat search continuing, we have found a sonic that in pics looks nice. Its in a marina in MO and without knowing if we like that boat (the model not the condition) its tough to commit to the trip but we may do it next weekend.

We were at Mountain View looking at another boat and while walking back to ours, we saw a Sonic 38 that was the same as the one in MO. We had not seen one up close before and it gave us a better feel for the boat just seeing it. That comes to my question, is the owner of the Sonic 38 that is in the front row at MV on the forum and would they be willing to show us the boat so we can get a feel for it and if we should make the trip to MO? If they are or if someone knows the owner, can you IM me if there is a possibility of seeing it?

Thanks
George
Hi George.
My name is Paul Masry. I own the Sonic 386STS at Mountain View.
I would be glad to talk to you and show you our boat. If you are
still interested you can email me at pmasry@comcast.net.
I learned alot about Sonics in the 90's and toured the factory in '95.
pmasry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pmasry For This Useful Post:
codeman671 (09-06-2012)