Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Pineedles

Default New Record for No posts

If another 6 minutes goes by, I beleive we will have a new record for NO POSTS on the Winnipesaukee Forum during prime time. Hey everyone, don't be discouraged we've been very challenged this summer. If it wasn't the weather it was the controversy on the forum. But hey, we are the WINNIPEPESAUKEE FORUM!!! We will survive! So, Who's got a near rock encounter incident they want to tell us about? Or, a little known fact about the lake? Tell us more about the wildlife on your property! If it is about our beloved Winnipesaukee WE want to hear about it, and comment on it. So, how about it folks?
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #2
twoplustwo

Were you bored and avoiding the dishes or something?

We have a momma bear and 2 cubs running around our 'back 40' who co-exist with my dogs and cats. Neither seems to care about the other. I'd like to think it's some kind of peaceful agreement, but reality says the bears know my dogs really ought to be wearing helmets and are no threat to wildlife of any kind.

I need to get my camera out of my car so I can get pictures. Every time I see one out the window, I remember the camera is in my car and I'm not messing with momma so inside I stay.

It's a slow week with people getting ready for school and summer's end; don't worry, it'll pick back up.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
Pineedles

Default Yes!

How did you know? There was a sinkful and I told my wife I had some important work to do on the computer and would she mind tackling the dishes. Except there were no new posts on the Forum. So I had to type something to show her I was busy.
Pineedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Orion

Default too funny!

Pineneedles, See this forum has real value!

2+2....LOL...all the dogs around here seem like they should be wearing helmets, too. I don't know how they don't run into rocks and trees the way they chase each other around.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
twoplustwo

Default helmet required

Orion, my younger rescue was supposed to be a GSD mix. Now he certainly has the markings of a flat coated shep, but he has this weird Beagle-y body, and his legs and tail are too long. He also has the vertical leaps of a Jack Russell, so who knows what the heck he is. Anyway, he has on multiple occasions run smack into the sliding glass door from the back yard, assuming it was open like the drunk guy at a party. Repeatedly he's done this at full speed with such force that I thought he was going to knock the house off the foundation. He gets up, shakes his goofy head, and continues on his merry way. The moron.

Then there was the time he got into a huge bag of compressed shavings for the mouse cage. I walked into a living room that looked like a sandy beach, and he was laying comfortably in the middle of it. He's also a notorious counter surfer who's stolen an apple and cared for it like a pup for days until I had to take it away from him as it was collapsing in brown goo, he loves to chew Tupperware, and has a penchant for stealing dirty underwear out of the laundry. I have said since we got him that the Good Lord made him that cute so whoever adopted him wouldn't kill him. He's a phenomal idiot, but we love him.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links