Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
RLW

Post Logging off

I have been trying to log off now for 2 days and the message below keeps coming up, but any time I go on to view the site I'm still logged on.

"All cookies cleared!
Return to the page you were previously viewing
Go to forums index "
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts
Red face

I'm having the same problem. I'll check it out later tonight.

Don
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
Skipper of the Sea Que
Deceased Member

Question I can log in and out but ....

Hi Don,

I was able to log in and then log out OK a few times. When I come back I am a "guest".

During one of my tests I logged in while in the Gallery. I stayed on the main gallery page and then went to log out. When I logged out I got the cookies cleared OK etc. and saw the main gallery page BRIEFLY. Then was re-directed to a Page Not Found notice with the Winnipesaukee.Com logo.

I repeated the log in/out while at Gallery main page and got the same result.

Hope this is of some help in isolating the difficulty.

Thanks again for the web site.

6:36 PM... you may be working on the system now. I now don't get redirected when I log out of the forum. But I can log out. I have to manually go somewhere though. Also could not duplicate Gallery log in/out difficulty noted above... It just sat there telling me that I should automatically return to the page I was viewing and if I don't return then click... etc..

P.S. I'm using Mozilla

AL

Amateur HAM Radio What is it? You'll be surprised. When all else fails Ham Radio still works.
Shriners Hospitals providing specialized care for children regardless of ability to pay. Find out more or refer a patient.

Last edited by Skipper of the Sea Que; 03-10-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Add info at 6:36 PM
Skipper of the Sea Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default Inflated #s?

Don,

Is this why the # of persons viewing seems to be inflated. I can't remember the last time the general discussions area had less than 40 viewing it but frankly, there is so little posting going on that there really cannot be that many online IMO.

John
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #5
webmaster

The cookie problem that was preventing logouts has apparently cleared itself. By the time I got to it this morning everything seemed to be working normally. I suspect that daylight savings time triggered the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
Is this why the # of persons viewing seems to be inflated. I can't remember the last time the general discussions area had less than 40 viewing it but frankly, there is so little posting going on that there really cannot be that many online IMO.John
A few things VitaBene:

1. The traffic on the entire site has about doubled since a month ago. This is typical as spring and ice-out approach. My stats exclude search engine and other bots so my numbers are actual visitors. The current forum visitor stats are also about doubled since a month ago which is consistent.

2. The "Guests" shown can not post, they are just visiting. Some are regular forum visitors and many come here from Google and other searches. The number of guests always far exceeds the number of members.

3. The visitor count on the forum also includes PhotoPost visitors since they share the same user database. Google Images sends lots of visitors to PhotoPost and they all show up as Guests.

The stats on the Forum index have several variables and are not always perfect. They are a good indication of the level of activity at any one time.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
RLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
I have been trying to log off now for 2 days and the message below keeps coming up, but any time I go on to view the site I'm still logged on.

"All cookies cleared!
Return to the page you were previously viewing
Go to forums index "
I continue to have the problem. I have tried to log off now 4 or 5 times and I remain logged on even after clearing and coming back to the forum.
Thanks
RLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW View Post
I continue to have the problem.
I just logged in and out on 3 different computers without trouble.

Until I can recreate the problem my best suggestion is to clear the cookies in your browser manually. In Internet Explorer it is under Tools|Internet Options.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
The cookie problem that was preventing logouts has apparently cleared itself. By the time I got to it this morning everything seemed to be working normally. I suspect that daylight savings time triggered the problem.

A few things VitaBene:

1. The traffic on the entire site has about doubled since a month ago. This is typical as spring and ice-out approach. My stats exclude search engine and other bots so my numbers are actual visitors. The current forum visitor stats are also about doubled since a month ago which is consistent.

2. The "Guests" shown can not post, they are just visiting. Some are regular forum visitors and many come here from Google and other searches. The number of guests always far exceeds the number of members.

3. The visitor count on the forum also includes PhotoPost visitors since they share the same user database. Google Images sends lots of visitors to PhotoPost and they all show up as Guests.

The stats on the Forum index have several variables and are not always perfect. They are a good indication of the level of activity at any one time.
10-4, I guess I just wish lurkers would post more- I love forum discussions especially about one of my favorite subjects- Winnipesaukee!
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote