Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #201
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
LOL.....sounds all to familiar with the controversy surrounding multiple screen names from the past is all.
So you throw mud by making a baseless accusation. Then when you are called on it you respond with "LOL". I suppose LOL is the online version of an apology. It's easier to say the entire thing was a joke than to say "I made a mistake".

There never were multiple screen names in the past. There is no evidence, that I am aware of, of multiple screen names now. And none of this has ANY connection with Bear Island.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 PM   #202
Irrigation Guy

Still LOL. There was evidence of multiple screen names from the same IP, and just because you BI are not aware of the continuing problem of multiple screen names does not mean that it doesn't still exist.

Lets just agree to disagree and move back to the topic at hand and ponder if going 45 makes less noise and wakes or a nice rumble for longer and bigger wakes.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #203
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalRealtor View Post
Still LOL. There was evidence of multiple screen names from the same IP, and just because you BI are not aware of the continuing problem of multiple screen names does not mean that it doesn't still exist.

Lets just agree to disagree and move back to the topic at hand and ponder if going 45 makes less noise and wakes or a nice rumble for longer and bigger wakes.
Now you are trying misdirection.

There is nothing wrong, or against forum rules, with using multiple screen names on the same IP, it happens all the time. Obviously it happened in the past, and will happen in the future.

The "problem" would be multiple screen names being used by one person.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #204
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Lightbulb Past views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
How do you know what my views are on this controversy?... You may be surprised.
Good way to CYA. I wasn't talking about your view on this controversy. I was talking about your fews in the past about speed limits and GFBL boats. Now it looks like you change your mind about the GFBL boats.

I think you realize they are beautiful boats! It's the boneheads that we must go after to make this lake safe!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #205
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Good way to CYA. I wasn't talking about your view on this controversy. I was talking about your fews in the past about speed limits and GFBL boats. Now it looks like you change your mind about the GFBL boats.

I think you realize they are beautiful boats! It's the boneheads that we must go after to make this lake safe!
I have not changed my mind about GFBL boats. I always liked them. It's a shame that many responsible operators have been inconvenienced. I always pushed for a reasonable compromise like unlimited on the Broads or a higher limit.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #206
VtSteve

Everyone should just be thankful that families can now boat safely, you can hear crickets chirping at all hours of the day, and no longer will the land be attacked by violent waves. Erosion has been eradicated.

Seriously.. Is it now safe for the kids to canoe by Bear Island? Is the NWZ finally a place of peaceful, slow-moving boats? How about that arshol that went zipping by your place BI, is he gone? I hardly see any boats this summer, only rain and wind.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #207
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
Everyone should just be thankful that families can now boat safely, you can hear crickets chirping at all hours of the day, and no longer will the land be attacked by violent waves. Erosion has been eradicated.

Seriously.. Is it now safe for the kids to canoe by Bear Island? Is the NWZ finally a place of peaceful, slow-moving boats? How about that arshol that went zipping by your place BI, is he gone? I hardly see any boats this summer, only rain and wind.
Things are certainly quieter. However I credit economy and weather. Limits may be a distant third.

The zip guy went by late last Friday.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:58 PM   #208
VtSteve

Maybe the can put down water spikes for the Zip Guy

He certainly is persistent.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #209
hazelnut

Quote:
Things are certainly quieter. However I credit economy and weather. Limits may be a distant third.

The zip guy went by late last Friday.
Man oh man things are definitely quieter! WOW! I am in agreement that the weather #1 Economy #2 have had a profound impact on this season. I have to say though I really feel for the small business owners. How have you been faring?
Old 07-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #210
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
Man oh man things are definitely quieter! WOW! I am in agreement that the weather #1 Economy #2 have had a profound impact on this season. I have to say though I really feel for the small business owners. How have you been faring?
Doing very well thank you, business is only down 6% from last year. How about you?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #211
ApS

Cool Among Some Things, Things Are Normal...

Quote:
"...Now it looks like you change your mind about the GFBL boats..."
Nope. I'll confirm that BI has consistently stated his previous statement.

Quote:
"...It's the boneheads that we must go after to make this lake safe...!"
And, on Winnipesaukee, there's only about 300 of 'em, right?

Quote:
"...and no longer will the land be attacked by violent waves.

Erosion has been eradicated..."
Not quite:

Photos 1 and 2, below)

I haven't witnessed anything like this wake since one snapped my BIL's 23-foot monohull sailboat's ½" nylon dock line; fortunately, a visitor had his camera handy and photographed "The Incoming Wake". (And the soaked aftermath ).

We never saw the boat!

Photo 3, below)

As to erosion, a forum member (thank you) sent me this third shot before the structure collapses altogether through erosion.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #212
hazelnut

Quote:
Well the how have you been faring was a general all call to all the small business owners out there. However, I am glad to hear you have not been impacted as terribly as one might suspect in this economy. As for me, teaching is a pretty safe career financially speaking. No big bonuses or raises but when the economy tanks it's usually the new teachers (under 3 years) that take the hit. The tenured teachers usually hang on to their jobs.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #213
BroadHopper

Angry Just the opposite

In the private sector, profit-motive dictate that Sr Management and those that have been on board for years take the fall. They transfer the responisibility to those who make less money.

Bottom line. There is less money to spend. Business suffers. Tax base suffers. The public sector actually lay off more than they should because they have to budget the money for the higher paid employees.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #214
SIKSUKR

Quote:
Quote:
Doing very well thank you, business is only down 6% from last year. How about you?
OK now,this lovefest has to stop. It appears both sides don't seem to have an exposed nerve as was present last year. Hello there. How are you? Very good sir. Thank you for asking. My pleasure.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #215
BroadHopper

Talking Webmaster will be please.....

That the opposing sides have made amend and that we all agree on one common enemy. Caption Bonehead.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #216
Kracken

Default Good to see them

2 weeks ago I saw an orange Fountain about a mile off Rattlesnake doing about 80.

All I could think of is a T-shirt from the late 70s.

I found the picture

I am not saying this is the Last Act.

Sorry, I had to cencor it a bit.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #217
VtSteve

Quote:
Photos 1 and 2, below)

I haven't witnessed anything like this wake since one snapped my BIL's 23-foot monohull sailboat's ½" nylon dock line; fortunately, a visitor had his camera handy and photographed "The Incoming Wake". (And the soaked aftermath ).

We never saw the boat!

Photo 3, below)

As to erosion, a forum member (thank you) sent me this third shot before the structure collapses altogether through erosion.
Doesn't look much like a GFBL wake APS, nor a sailboat

I know full well wakes and erosion have not been eradicated, just a funny. Large cruiser, plowing boats.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #218
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
OK now,this lovefest has to stop. It appears both sides don't seem to have an exposed nerve as was present last year. Hello there. How are you? Very good sir. Thank you for asking. My pleasure.

Yeah nothin really left to argue about. It's all a moot point now so we can resort to the small talk. Unless B.I. wants to go and tell me that the weather has been great this summer... then the gloves come off!!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 AM   #219
jmen24

Quote:
That the opposing sides have made amend and that we all agree on one common enemy. Caption Bonehead.
Could not agree more, being that the one thing in common is a love of boating (the others well....). Being divided is the first step to allowing people to disrupt the things you love to do.

Being a hunter we have a split currently between free range hunting and high fence compound hunting. Either way if we allow ourselves to divide on the issue the anti-hunting crowd gets a strong hold on their position to disrupt hunting in general.

Lets focus on the things we have in common and remember "gooooze fraaaaba"
Old 07-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #220
Excalibur

Location: Gilford,NH is where I would like to be and Southborough, MA is where I have to be
Default erosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
Nope. I'll confirm that BI has consistently stated his previous statement.

Photo 3, below)

This erosion was more likely caused by the Airport redevelopment construction on Wolfeboro Neck a few years ago. This started happening three years ago and at least four houses have needed to rebuild there waterfront.
The EPA is fully involved and permitting has taken a while for permission to rebuild the waterfront and save the home. Never mind how much it is costing the home owners.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #221
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow And here it is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
I got an admittedly bad picture of it heading up Alton Bay on Sunday. Alas it's in the camera which is in the camp.
FWIW ....

Just got on plane as it headed past Sandy Pt.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #222
overlook

She will be back this weekend and the rest of the season, just needed some AC work and finishes.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #223
OCDACTIVE

That is one gorgeous boat!!!!!! Would like to see her in person running the lake.... I have been sent dock side for the rest of the season .. engine problems....

Having a full rebuild and perhaps even a new paint job!!!!!

See you out there next year.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #224
VtSteve

Oh No One of the many reasons I haven't been involved in that hobby, too rich for my cheapskate blood. One of the few boats I saw that would allow for a sane single-engine setup was the Baja 278 Performance. All I wanted was a decent sized cabin, and a dependable engine/drive combo. No blowers, no Mercury racing engines, no $20k refreshes About the only livable one I've seen was a Formula I couldn't afford, and a Chap 275 with a big block I didn't act fast enough on. If I can do 40 to 50mph in big waves and not break a rib, I'm pretty much entertained

One thing many newcomers might not realize. My history on Winni dates back to circa 1963 or 1964. There was a reason that many boaters started buying the bigger Cigs and Scarabs and Formulas. Cruiser wakes.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #225
OCDACTIVE

Yup... took me totally off guard.. Blew most everything on the boat then ran into this.. Looks like a total rebuild and thank heavens I have awesome friends that can do it for a lot less then if I brought it to a shop and said "fix it"... Only downside is I have to bring her to Virginia to have it done...... However another nice side is it will get stored down there and their weather is much less harsh then ours. So the temp won't drop as low. If you winterize correctly it shouldn't be a problem but I still like the idea of a much less minimum temp over the winter.

You make a good point on the cruiser wakes.. Another item most people do not realize, just because they don't have the experience, is these performance boats handle waves, wakes, chop etc very differently then the normal runabouts you see on the lake. My boat (which is catagorized as a very small GFB) can cruise very comfortably at 50 - 55mph and it feels like you are going 30. Do to its very deep V it cuts wakes as if they werent there. Many other boats would be totally out of control where in my situation you can put a coke on the dash and it wouldn't even move...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #226
colt17

Default White 53

I have seen that boat the last two weekends once at braun bay and last weekend pulling into the NASWA. What kind of boat is it? Looks like a Ferrari on water lol
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #227
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt17 View Post
I have seen that boat the last two weekends once at braun bay and last weekend pulling into the NASWA. What kind of boat is it? Looks like a Ferrari on water lol
Hard to guess by the photo.. My initial thought based on the cockpit lines is a Outerlimits. It doesn't have the rear side scoops that would lead me to believe it to be a Nortech. Again hard to determine. Two things for certain: Staggered Engines for one and two: that is one Bad A$$ boat!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #228
livefreeordie

its a 51 outerlimits prob has twin 1075s.... only have bits and pieces about the boat.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #229
Kracken

Its an Outerlimits GTX
Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #230
cowisl

new 52 Sl outerlimits
Old 08-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #231
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
its a 51 outerlimits prob has twin 1075s.... only have bits and pieces about the boat.

52 Outer Limits GTX.... and its got a few more horses than that!

Woodsy
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #232
BroadHopper

Default Best time to buy a used Deep V

Quote:
Oh No One of the many reasons I haven't been involved in that hobby, too rich for my cheapskate blood. One of the few boats I saw that would allow for a sane single-engine setup was the Baja 278 Performance. All I wanted was a decent sized cabin, and a dependable engine/drive combo. No blowers, no Mercury racing engines, no $20k refreshes About the only livable one I've seen was a Formula I couldn't afford, and a Chap 275 with a big block I didn't act fast enough on. If I can do 40 to 50mph in big waves and not break a rib, I'm pretty much entertained

One thing many newcomers might not realize. My history on Winni dates back to circa 1963 or 1964. There was a reason that many boaters started buying the bigger Cigs and Scarabs and Formulas. Cruiser wakes.
I picked up an '88 F-223 LS with 454 Magnum on EBay last year for $4000. Lately I have seen boats on Craigslist from marinas that are 'giving' away boats for the price of the storage fees owed. If you want your dream boat I would start looking at thes two sites.

Check out this site. It will make it a bit easier searching for your boat.

http://www.jaxed.com/
Old 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #233
VtSteve

I've actually thought about some of the older boats as deals, but I lack any real mechanical knowledge to deal with broken

Plus, as anyone that currently owns a fairly new boat knows, it's almost impossible to get rid of what you have.

BTW, what the heck is that site you linked?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #234
overlook

Actually it is an Outerlimits 52 SV MONO hull, with programable Chief 605 blocks and Merc. VI drives.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #235
robmac

It looks to me as a GTX 51
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #236
BroadHopper

Quote:
I've actually thought about some of the older boats as deals, but I lack any real mechanical knowledge to deal with broken

Plus, as anyone that currently owns a fairly new boat knows, it's almost impossible to get rid of what you have.

BTW, what the heck is that site you linked?
Correct linx to the boat search engine:
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpboat

Sorry.

I have an excellent mechanic that will survey the boat for me. I have a clause in the bill of sale, that the sale is subject to a successful survey before final payment. Which is negotiated.

Yes it is almost impossible, yet I had the old boat on Craigslist sold within 7 days to a guy on the Cape. The boat was a classic 'Liberator'.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #237
ApS

Default No Stumps—no trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
This erosion was more likely caused by the Airport redevelopment construction on Wolfeboro Neck a few years ago. This started happening three years ago and at least four houses have needed to rebuild there waterfront...The EPA is fully involved and permitting has taken a while for permission to rebuild the waterfront and save the home. Never mind how much it is costing the home owners.
I don't understand how "unpaving" the airport's runway could have affected those homes. There was more runoff when the paved runway was in place—a huge "impermeable surface". However, one noisy homeowner with a noisy sportscar insisted that the dirt road that runs directly behind those homes got a "pave-over".

(An impermeable surface right there).

Erosion works both ways. Runoff moves soil downhill towards the lake, then wakes from oversized boats chew away at the lowest layers of shoreline soil. Uphill soil fills that void through rain.

Also, note the two large-diameter PVC pipes draining runoff that's accumulated under the house to the edges of the lot. (And that there are no stumps or trees in front of the house).

BTW I: That concrete base repair in the lakefront photo is also subject to eventually falling into the lake—an example?

Parking was built behind a cottage in a nearby small lot. (That lot was made into a "micro-lot" by the spec-builder: the two homes share a well and a leachfield: worse yet, the "micro-lot" has a huge driveway easement leading to our latest spec-built McMansion).

Shortly after construction, that relatively tiny new space has caused two large trees to die—increasing erosion around that space—and the tiny new parking area is sliding towards the lake.

As you can see in the below photograph, the blocks are no longer aligned after just two years. I haven't looked at it this year.

BTW II:
A week later, the "unseen boat" returned leaving a similar wake: It was an "Express Cruiser".
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #238
pm203

Wow!!!. I was impressed with all the performance boats out on the lake this Memorial day weekend!!! Lots of nice sounding twin V-8's that bring the lake alive with excitement . Beautiful boats with beautiful sounds. I am glad the tradition continues.
The Following User Says Thank You to pm203 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #239
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
Wow!!!. I was impressed with all the performance boats out on the lake this Memorial day weekend!!! Lots of nice sounding twin V-8's that bring the lake alive with excitement . Beautiful boats with beautiful sounds. I am glad the tradition continues.
I was thinking the same thing. Spent a couple hours Sunday docked in Meredith and there were over 20 Performance Boats there, coming and going etc.

Saw quite a few in Paugus Bay as well, but that is no big surprise.

I do love the rumble of a V8. I have video of my Performance Boat at idle so I can listen to it in the winter when I have the boat blues...
colt17 (06-02-2010)
Old 06-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #240
BroadHopper

Default During the week

I am fortunate to do my 'performance boating' during the week. When there is little boneheads activities. A number of us are planning on spending a weekend or two up at Sebago and or Mooshead Lake in Maine. Not so crowded.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 AM   #241
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
I agree.. They haven't gone anywhere. It was great to see them ripping up and down the broads on Sunday. Not too much boat traffic due to the wind. But the performance boats were there and doing what they were built to do.. Crushing the waves and flying high!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:49 AM   #242
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts
Default Pictures please

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I agree.. They haven't gone anywhere. It was great to see them ripping up and down the broads on Sunday. Not too much boat traffic due to the wind. But the performance boats were there and doing what they were built to do.. Crushing the waves and flying high!
OK OK but some pics would be real nice!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:57 AM   #243
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
OK OK but some pics would be real nice!!
Kinda hard to Steer, Throttle, and snap pics......... However I was able to get a couple while my buddy was testing her out.

Sorry about the picture quality. Time for a new camera.

P.S. I swung by to Smith's Cove and didn't see ya...
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #244
pm203

Lookin good!!
The Following User Says Thank You to pm203 For This Useful Post:
OCDACTIVE (06-02-2010)
Old 06-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #245
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Kinda hard to Steer, Throttle, and snap pics......... However I was able to get a couple while my buddy was testing her out.

Sorry about the picture quality. Time for a new camera.

P.S. I swung by to Smith's Cove and didn't see ya...
Jeez, not a whitecap in sight!! What day were these pics taken?? My wife and I were up Sunday for the first time and the Broads were nothing but whitecaps from end to end so it was still rough, even in a 25ft Baja! It did get better by the end of the day and the wind subsided.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #246
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
Jeez, not a whitecap in sight!! What day were these pics taken?? My wife and I were up Sunday for the first time and the Broads were nothing but whitecaps from end to end so it was still rough, even in a 25ft Baja! It did get better by the end of the day and the wind subsided.
Sorry for the late response. Been in Boston all weekend. That was taken on that Sunday that was very rough, but this was up towards braun bay where there were little waves. No way could I have shot pics down by Rattlesnake. I was haveing a BLAST with the waves. Active Thunder's are made for big water.. But can't take pictures at the same time.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #247
OCDACTIVE

Hopefully we see a good turn out of performance boats this weekend. I believe saturday is the Peter Marakis Memorial Run. Hopefully they get a bunch to attend!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #248
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
I heard, saw and passed many performance boats out and about this past weekend, and they were doing a fine job of enjoying their craft in a safe and responsible manner!
But I thought that the SL had banished those "certain types of boats" from the lake? How is the economy being destroyed if the performance boaters are still coming? Where's the predicted armageddon? Sounds like the SL has indeed made the lake enjoyable for all.

Quote:
I almost doubled it (the SL) as well.
Quote:
I believe it (my speed) was exactly 44.2 give or take 25 mph.
This is the "Safe Boaters'" mascot? No wonder the SL passed so easily. What a joke.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #249
BroadHopper

Unhappy What SL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
But I thought that the SL had banished those "certain types of boats" from the lake? How is the economy being destroyed if the performance boaters are still coming? Where's the predicted armageddon? Sounds like the SL has indeed made the lake enjoyable for all.
Actually, The Democrats are destroying the economy. The property tax will be so high, the common folks will be driven off the lake. Soon the Fat Cats and the Arab oil sheiks will take over the lake. With their 50 foot high performance cruisers, even the MP will be afraid to pull them over.

When that moment comes, the lake will only be a memory.

As the old saying goes. 'Be careful what you wish for'.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #250
lawn psycho

Quote:

This is the "Safe Boaters'" mascot? No wonder the SL passed so easily. What a joke.
EL, did you ever think that just maybe this is someone thumbing their chin?

You can photograph and complain about boaters speeding and rafting. I still recall your diatribes about rafters in braun bay The boaters can photograph and complain about the 'illegal' and 'lake ruining' activities by those who own shore front homes. Equilibrium is a wonderful thing.

Smile for the camera
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #251
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Old Quotes

Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Agreed.. I almost doubled it as well....
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Great work.. I believe it was exactly 44.2 give or take 25 mph..
Quote:
elchase, both of those quotes are rather stale. Maybe next time you can include the dates too?

Now that OCDACTIVE is the President of Safe Boaters of New Hampshire, I wouldn't think he would be bragging publicly about breaking the law.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (06-09-2010)
Old 06-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #252
VitaBene

Thanked 1,599 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:

ElChase, you and WinnFABS are one trick ponies.

Please go back under your rocks until you begin your campaign to rid the lake of all power boats.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (06-09-2010), LIforrelaxin (06-09-2010), Resident 2B (06-09-2010)
Old 06-09-2010, 09:05 AM   #253
Kracken

Didn’t the last 3 Presidents admit to smoking pot before they took office? Ok so one claimed he didn’t inhale, but they all admitted to it and their presidencies turned out to be…come to think of it, probably not the best example.

We need to lighten up here. It seems whenever somebody doesn’t like a thread, the law (that can’t be mentioned) is brought up, and the thread is locked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kracken For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (06-09-2010)
Old 06-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #254
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
ElChase, you and WinnFABS are one trick ponies.

Please go back under your rocks until you begin your campaign to rid the lake of all power boats.
Thanks for the support. The ignore feature works wonders really.

Even so it doesn’t bother me when old quotes out of context have to be dredged up to try to discredit me. This from those unwilling to publically debate an issue, which is just that “a political issue” that each and every citizen has the right to discuss. On an open forum we discuss ideas on many topics and if some choose to appear only sporadically and in clear violation of forum rules to try to move an agenda it isn’t our place to cry foul. There is never a need to make things personal which is why it is water off a duck’s back and says more about the person writing then the person being attacked. I have always been willing to listen to both sides and have respect for people’s beliefs regardless on what topic. This is what makes our system work because both sides are able to be heard and why democracy will prevail.
LIforrelaxin (06-09-2010), Resident 2B (06-09-2010), Ryan (06-09-2010)
Old 06-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #255
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

This thread is supposed to be about the presence of performance boats on the lake. I encourage everyone to stay on the topic and not wonder into any of the other debates that could easy be attached to this one issue.

Performance boats are a thing of Beauty, pleasant to the eye, and ears. As well as a joy to ride in. They are something that should have a home on any lake the size of Winnipesaukee.

So lets talk about what we like about them, perfomance characteristics of various boats etc. But leave the speed limit out of this thread.
Rattlesnake Gal (06-09-2010)