Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Boating
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Jonas Pilot

Default A gray last day of October.

No boats except for this one in the hour I spent at dockside this morning.
Attached Images

Jonas Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jonas Pilot For This Useful Post:
Rattlesnake Gal (11-02-2012), SteveA (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,053 Times in 496 Posts
Default Boo!

Clouds cleared just for a few minuets late last night to catch a quick shot of the Halloween moon.. BOO!

Name:  Halloween 2012.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  18.2 KB

We had a very quiet trick or treat, what am I going to do with all the extra candy?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
bclaker

That moon has a sad face.
bclaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
John A. Birdsall

Default Boating

What a mini vacation I had, from Sunday night till Thursday noon. Ever try to use up a tank of gas. It just would not empty. I went halfway to littlemark and back around Echo Point on Sunday afternoon. Monday I went to almost Sandy Point and back North of Echo Point.tuesday not much. But Wednesday my son and I went north of Rattlesnake and could not believe the calmness of the lake. We took the dock out on Wed. and got some pictures of the pontoon boat with a roof. Thursday I took the boat to Alton Bay to put it too sleep but the individual to meet me was not there. I was in a mixed up not knowing what to do. But eventually in mid afternoon I got ahold of tthe guy and told him he had to go get the boat. He did and the boat is in for what could be a long winters nap. In all that time I only saw one boat underway and that was a tow boat that was going to a long winters rest as well. Okay fish, for the most part the lake is all yours.
John A. Birdsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
ghfromaltonbay

Default I don't want to hear this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A. Birdsall View Post
What a mini vacation I had, from Sunday night till Thursday noon. Ever try to use up a tank of gas. It just would not empty. I went halfway to littlemark and back around Echo Point on Sunday afternoon. Monday I went to almost Sandy Point and back North of Echo Point..
Too bad you couldn't have sent the excess gasoline down to us in NJ instead of just burning it off. 75% of the gas stations here in northern NJ either don't have any gas or they don't have power to pump. There are 2-3 hour waits in line for gas, and today they won't even fill 5 gallon gas cans for those of us with generators. Cars only. It may be another full week before the power is back for those who are out. My 80+ year old parents have a generator, but they have less than 8 gallons of gas left. The power company promises to have them back on line by 11/9 after first saying 11/5. I've heard that gas stations 50 or 60 miles north of here have some gas, but who wants to risk driving that far and using what little we have left.
ghfromaltonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Ropetow

Default A beautiful November day

This afternoon was another beautiful fall day on the lake. Yes, it was a bit windy and we didn't venture far from the bay, but any day of November boating is a day to be thankful for
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Belmont Resident

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetow View Post
This afternoon was another beautiful fall day on the lake. Yes, it was a bit windy and we didn't venture far from the bay, but any day of November boating is a day to be thankful for
I worked outside today in Southdown. It was downright cold.
To sum it up I'd say a lot windy, mostly cloudy, stocking hat weather with 5 layers, poly shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, fleece and wind breaker and I was up and down ladders painting a house.
I could not fathom it being a nice day to be on a boat even with tops unless it had heat, and I lots of alcohol.
But to each their own.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Ropetow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont Resident View Post
I worked outside today in Southdown. It was downright cold.
To sum it up I'd say a lot windy, mostly cloudy, stocking hat weather with 5 layers, poly shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweat shirt, fleece and wind breaker and I was up and down ladders painting a house.
I could not fathom it being a nice day to be on a boat even with tops unless it had heat, and I lots of alcohol.
But to each their own.
Fleece...sweatshirts...hoodies...gloves....Perfect November boating attire....My wife commented that if it was this windy when we were skiing, she would head back to the condo. But a windy day of November boating....Priceless. After all, this may be it for the season....gotta treasure these moments when we have them.
Ropetow is offline   Reply With Quote