Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Support Forum > Site Support Forum
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #1
dpg

Default Duh...What Am I Doing Wrong

Probably a dumb question but I don't get something. When I see a thread that has many replies (like the Pats one, ninety something) I can only scroll through about thirty and that's it. Is there a second page I'm not going to? When I look for one I do not see how to get to it. I was trying to hold out and not ask but I give!
dpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts

My thread settings in linear mode and it is all one page.
Rattlesnake Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
Mee-n-Mac

Default 2 possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg
Probably a dumb question but I don't get something. When I see a thread that has many replies (like the Pats one, ninety something) I can only scroll through about thirty and that's it. Is there a second page I'm not going to? When I look for one I do not see how to get to it. I was trying to hold out and not ask but I give!

I have my view set to hybrid mode which gives me a small box on the top of the box which contains the contents of the posts. There are times where there a more than 1 page of posts (I get 30 to a page) and so yes there may be a second (or 3'rd) page. Look below all the posts for a 1,2,3 > .

In the small box I mention above you may notice there are lines that say "more replies below current depth". Clicking on this will display more posts that otherwise are hidden. Even if you had found page 2 as above, unless you click on the "more replies below current depth" you won't see them. The recent Pats thread is an example of both of these (multiple pages, "more replies below current depth") for me. The are settings in your user area that affect these controls.
Old 02-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg
Probably a dumb question but I don't get something. When I see a thread that has many replies (like the Pats one, ninety something) I can only scroll through about thirty and that's it. Is there a second page I'm not going to? When I look for one I do not see how to get to it.
When a thread has more then 100 posts a new page begins. There is a small box at the bottom right of the thread that allows you to go from page to page. I've attached an image of that below.

The "Go Pats" thread has only 90 posts so they should all appear on the same page. If you only saw 30 perhaps the entire page had not loaded yet. Very long threads do take a little while to be generated and fully load.
Attached Images

webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:25 AM   #5
dpg

Thanks all I think I've got it now. Any way of seeing the "next page" tab to click on at the end of every page? This is how most multiple page listings work, at least the ones I've seen.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2005, 06:30 AM   #6
dpg

Rattlesnake Gal: Switched to Linear mode. Your right, that's the ticket!