Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > General Issues
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #1
songkrai

Default Bike Week Ended: The Numbers

Has anyone seen any numbers or statistics as to turnout? Usually published someplace. Did the area see the same number of bikers? More? Less?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,601 Times in 821 Posts

I think it is impossible to judge by just estimating the # of bikes at the Weirs, etc. Laconia BW should be renamed NH Bike Week. The event has spread across the central part of the state with North Conway and Lincoln attracting large followings.

From what I saw on my travels, it was a good week.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Agreed. The Mount Washington area HOGs have gotten a good turn out for their Rally which is held the last few days of the Laconia Bike Week.
sort of stealing the thunder. I saw numerous bikes while in Conway the other day.
Maybe the condition of the roads around here is starting to affect the numbers as well.
RT 25 from Meredith to Moultonborough is horrible on a good day. Terrible at night in the rain. Even in a car it is getting pretty bad. Just look at the area near the Moultonborough Police/Fire station. I guess this is what we want the tourists to see when they come up? I heard several bikers mention the road conditions, so it isn't just me.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
old coot
Deceased Member

Here in New Hampshire, motor nature plays rough with area events such as bike week, sled dog events and winter carnivals.
It seems to me, only a casual observer, that the bikers hit a lot of rain, year after year.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
NHBUOY

...it was amazingly "bikey" in Lincoln-Woodstock this week...and much less so in Meredith...also...drove down 93 south to Salem, Ma. to see my father on sunday at 3, and came back up 95 at 7 pm, and I don't think I saw 35 bikes...total...and was able to do a drive thru at the Weirs on the way back too......
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #6
NH_boater

saw that Hell's Angels were present.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
sa meredith

Default 50/50

Good crowds...but from a couple of street vendors I talked to, and couple of restaurants....$$$$ just was not there.
Of course, I'm sure places like Crazy Gringos and Lobster Pound would say differently.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #8
lawn psycho

Here's a not so nice number, Laconia reports 68 DUI arrests. Bike Week brings more problems than it's worth IMO.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS-110629958
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post:
ApS (06-21-2011), Belmont Resident (06-21-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 AM   #9
FINANCEGUY

of course the angels were present? did you not know they have a clubhouse 1 mile out of the weirs. So what if they were there? They are there every year, and they have every right to be. Did they cause any problems? NO
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FINANCEGUY For This Useful Post:
idoso (06-22-2011), Winnisquamguy (06-22-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #10
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINANCEGUY View Post
of course the angels were present? did you not know they have a clubhouse 1 mile out of the weirs. So what if they were there? They are there every year, and they have every right to be. Did they cause any problems? NO
I saw no issues or fights, colors or not!!
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
Meredith lady (06-22-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 09:42 PM   #11
lawn psycho

Quote:
The Hell's Angels are a criminal enterprise. It's silly to defend them as a legit group of productive citizens.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 AM   #12
ApS

Exclamation But Nearby, in Montreal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
The Hell's Angels are a criminal enterprise. It's silly to defend them as a legit group of productive citizens.
New Hampshire doesn't have a problem!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...l-arrests.html

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/s...c-b48eb22a2983
Old 06-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #13
TOAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by acres per second View Post
ya...hell's angles are no more a danger to society and law enforcement than a group of baptist sunday school kids. :d
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.....Unknown....but attributed to George Washington
Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
Argie's Wife

Lawn Psycho - I wonder if you'd make that same statement if your real name, not your screen handle, was posted by your comments?

For what it's worth, there's criminals in the non-Hells Angels population, too. Just like there's good motorcycle drivers and there's bad motorcycle drivers. (But Argie will tell you, there's no such thing as a good minivan driver...)

Argie schlepped around The Weirs on Thursday and said he had no trouble finding a parking spot. He said the weather was great and there were no crowds. I'm sure the bad weather during the week, the cost of gas, and other financial-factors (registration costs) made for a smaller turnout this year. It's really too bad for the local economy... I hope things pick up for the rest of the summer tourist season...

Last edited by Argie's Wife; 06-22-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #15
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Lawn Psycho - I wonder if you'd make that same statement if your real name, not your screen handle, was posted by your comments?
So its not just me then.. I feel better now!!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 AM   #16
Winnisquamguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
I would like to know where you come up with this stuff... I just got this right off there web site.

FAQ

What does the M.C. stand for ?

The MC stands for Motorcycle Club. The fact of the matter is, it's a Motorcycle Club, not a gang.

What does 81 stand for ?

It's a metonym. It stands for the 8th letter of the alphabet which is an H, and the 1st letter of the alphabet which is an A, HA = Hells Angels.

What does Red & White stand for?

Another metonym, Red & White are the Club's colors. Red letters on a White background.

Why do you call your club vest colors ?

Again, another metonym. Colors or Patch stand for the motorcycle club's (Any motorcycle club) insignia. On the top of the back of the vest is HELLS ANGELS, and the bottom is the Charter's location. These are called rockers. The center is the logo called the Deathhead, and the small square with MC stands for Motorcycle Club. The Hells Angels, as well as most motorcycle clubs have copyrights on their name and logo.

How do I join the Hells Angels ?

As the saying goes, If you have to ask the question, you probably won't understand the answer. The key words are Motorcycle Club, which means they are true motorcycle enthusiasts and their motorcycle is their primary means of transportation. On the average a club member will ride 20,000 mile plus a year, and this means rain, snow, or sunshine. Each Charter varies in their requirement, but if you're really interested you should talk to a member in your area. And if you have to ask where the nearest Charter is to you....you aren't ready to join a Motorcycle Club.

Isn't the apostrophe missing in Hells Angels ?

Should the Hells in Hells Angels have an apostrophe, and be Hell's Angels? That would be true if there was only one Hell, but life & history has taught us that there are many versions and forms of Hell.

How do I start a Hells Angels Charter ?

Another If you have to ask, you won't understand the answer. Motorcycle Clubs consist of a group of people who have ridden together for years, live in the same community, are known by the community, have runs to raise money for local charities, and are a brotherhood. It's Motorcycle Club as opposed to an association such as Harley Owners Group, or Goldwing Riders, which allow anyone to join as long as they have a Harley or Goldwing. Not to say associations are better or worse, just different; they don't ride 20,000+ a year together, or know each other as well as you know your family, which is what a Motorcycle Club is about. If you're already in a Motorcycle Club you know how to start a Hells Angels Charter in your area, and if you're not...well, that's probably why you asked the question in the first place.

Wear and purchase of Club Support items ?

Many people think that you have to own a Harley to wear or display Club Support merchandise, but it's not true. Your purchases show that you support The Club's philosophy of being free, and it also helps the Charter put on runs and events that riders of all makes of motorcycles and even those who don't own a bike at all enjoy.

Retired or Undercover Hells Angels !

There is no such thing as a retired or undercover Hells Angels member & never has been! There are a few of our brothers who cannot associate with us due to our govt. and their parole stipulations.

Do you know my uncle... he might be HA?

We don't answer questions about members

Now I am not saying that they are saints and they have never been in trouble but they do there fair share of charity things with toy runs, food drives, etc..
Old 06-23-2011, 03:45 AM   #17
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnisquamguy View Post
I would like to know where you come up with this stuff... I just got this right off there web site.
I hope you realize how ridiculus that statement is (wait, don't even answer that). Type in seaches for Hells Angels murder and see what comes up

The Hells Angels operate drug rings, steal cars, rob people, and simply have no respect for society. A large number of them are felons and armed.

As far as people posting about the HAs in bars. Should we give them a medal since they can go to bar on some nights and not cause problems? La-di-frickin-da. However, that same group will spew deadly violence and the provocations can be as simple as someone "looking" at them the wrong way.

If they are so wonderful, why not let them babysit your kids. Better yet, let them move in next door to you.

Ask law enforcement about what they deal with when the HAs are involved.

I don't know what Kool-Aid you are drinking but you may want to change the recipe....
Old 06-23-2011, 05:45 AM   #18
VtSteve

Interesting discussion. There is quite a bit of information available on the net, dozens of pages, just for NH.

This one was as well, which was just a minor occurrence compared to many.

http://www.justice.gov/ndic/pubs0/662/overview.htm

Quote:
Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs are New Hampshire's most threatening organized gang problem. In March 2000, the Hells Angels established a chapter in Manchester. Members came from existing Hells Angels chapters in Maine and Massachusetts to establish it. Law enforcement authorities report that members live in Derry, Hudson, Franklin, and Meredith.

According to a 1999 national truce, the Hells Angels must allow the rival Outlaws to establish a chapter in the state without retaliation. In establishing its New Hampshire chapter, the Outlaws is converting members of the New Hampshire chapter of the Devils Disciples OMG into Outlaws. The rivalry that exists between the Hells Angels and the Outlaws has caused recent violent flare-ups throughout the state. This violence threatens to end the truce between the Hells Angels and the Outlaws, who often compete for control over lucrative drug markets. The Devils Disciples OMG operates from Manchester but has no reported involvement in drug sales.

Although street gang activity is relatively limited in New Hampshire, law enforcement sources assert that it is increasing due to a migration of gang members from Massachusetts. In their responses to the National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC) National Gang Survey 2000, the Manchester and Portsmouth police departments reported gang activity. The East Side Crew operates from Portsmouth and is involved in the local distribution of cocaine and marijuana, but to a very limited extent.
---------------------------------------

http://www.londonderrynh.net/?tag=he...otorcycle-club
Old 06-23-2011, 07:00 AM   #19
ironhorsetim

Default Thread

So....last night I wrote a comment trying to put this thread back on it's original trac but now it's gone...seems like the power that is want's to leave this can of worms open....careful what you wish for.

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
The Following User Says Thank You to ironhorsetim For This Useful Post:
idoso (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 07:08 AM   #20
lawn psycho

Ironhorse, the discussion about numbers of attendees has been linked to the police presence.

You have gang members, lots of beer, lots of people DUI, and a herd mentality of bikers. That is why the police presence is there as you have fire and gas just waiting to be put close enough together.

Looking at it through my eyes, I don't see the appeal and I think the fact that many bikers are choosing to stay away is as much about what bike week has become over the last 10-15 years.

Someone posted about Bike Week helping the housing. Ya right! I had an opportunity to buy a condo for cheap money (pre-foreclosure) and passed specifically because it was in Meredith and I would be furious if I had to deal with the bike week mess.

I think NH is wasting potential to feature the lake. The Weirs is a dump.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:40 AM   #21
VitaBene

Default Sprawl

The fact is that Bike week has spread out physically across the state. That is the real reason the #s seem to be down and you could get around town relatively easily. Take a ride to Lincoln or the Mt Washington Valley/ Conway areas and you will see where all the bikers have gone.

The bottom line is that the Weirs are not where people want to spend their money. The venues and vendors are tired. The one new venue, the Full Throttle Saloon was slammed all week while the old guard Broken Spoke was dead.

As an aside, I travel to many bike events all over the country and have never seen police presence at any of those events that comes close to the Weirs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
ironhorsetim (06-23-2011), Winnisquamguy (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #22
ironhorsetim

I agree,the Weirs is a dump and that has what to do with bike week or "gangs" ? This place has been going down hill for years. The fact that it is, has nothing to do with either. When bike week is gone (and it will be) sooner or later,all the local businesses will be crying and maybe people will stop having their lawns manicured cause they simply can't afford too.Hotels and motels won't need alot of services, and more and more places will close...at least some people will be happy,but who? I own a house in Laconia right off White Oaks Rd. and I work bike weeks,I think I can deal with all the hoohah because the payoff is well worth it. Maybe the city can deal with with lost revenue but many of my neighbors and friends think different.

"Always do sober,what you say you'll do drunk,
That will teach you to keep your mouth shut"
Ernest Hemmingway
Old 06-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #23
VitaBene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
I agree,the Weirs is a dump and that has what to do with bike week or "gangs" ? This place has been going down hill for years. The fact that it is, has nothing to do with either. When bike week is gone (and it will be) sooner or later,all the local businesses will be crying and maybe people will stop having their lawns manicured cause they simply can't afford too.Hotels and motels won't need alot of services, and more and more places will close...at least some people will be happy,but who? I own a house in Laconia right off White Oaks Rd. and I work bike weeks,I think I can deal with all the hoohah because the payoff is well worth it. Maybe the city can deal with with lost revenue but many of my neighbors and friends think different.
I would love to see Laconia and the state put together a comprehensive master plan to revitalize the Weirs Beach area. You have to spend money to make money.
The Following User Says Thank You to VitaBene For This Useful Post:
ironhorsetim (06-23-2011)
Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #24
spider22

Default Police presence

I have seen people post that one of the reasons why the numbers are down is because of police presence. Correct me if I am wrong but if people are not coming because the police are there then they are coming to cause trouble and are the ones you do not want there anyway. My family and I have been vacationing in the Weirs beach area for 17 years(we did go to Maine for a 4 year stint) and 14 or 15 years ago when we would come up on a Saturday to get from the Margate area to fun spot it would take at least 15 minutes because of the traffic backup. If you went to any of the attractions like Funspot or the Weirs water slides they would be packed even during the middle of the week. It is not that way anymore so I think the decline in the number of people at bike week can be attributed to the economy more than anything else.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #25
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorsetim View Post
So....last night I wrote a comment trying to put this thread back on it's original trac but now it's gone...seems like the power that is want's to leave this can of worms open....careful what you wish for.
What are you talking about? Nothing of yours was removed.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #26
NH_boater

Quote:
No need to jump off the deep end, I simply stated that they were present. Don't read anything into this more than that.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #27
AC2717

can they even really say Pittsfield is part of Bike Week, to say the Fatality was a part of bike week?

Not that I am discounting a life was lost, just curious (aside from the loss of life) what people think
Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #28
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS-110629958

can they even really say Pittsfield is part of Bike Week, to say the Fatality was a part of bike week?

Not that I am discounting a life was lost, just curious (aside from the loss of life) what people think
He traveled half way across the country to participate in Bike Week. So I would say it counts.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #29
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
He traveled half way across the country to participate in Bike Week. So I would say it counts.
thank you, did not know that, why I asked, article did not say that unless I missed that
Old 06-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #30
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
thank you, did not know that, why I asked, article did not say that unless I missed that
It was online at WMUR last week. His friend that he was riding with was from NH. No worries, sad situation all around.

http://www.wmur.com/news/28244933/detail.html
The Following User Says Thank You to jmen24 For This Useful Post:
AC2717 (06-21-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #31
Woodsy

Default Bike Week was way off...

The Bike Week numbers were way way down! I live essentially at Ground Zero... there was little to no traffic and you could breeze right into the Weirs... all week except sunday! I dont even think they closed the bridge but for a few hours here and there!

The problem with Bike Week is the EXCESSIVE POLICE presence! There were way too many cops... way too few people! I get the whole public safety thing... but come on! On 2 seperate occasions i took pictures of a group of 4 NHSP cruisers just hanging out! In one pic taken Saturday a 5th NHSP cruiser was just out of the picture! On walk to the Weirs I counted 7 NHSP cruisers between Kellerhaus and Lobster Pound! SEVEN NHSP cruisers within a 1/4 or so?? Really? This is all with ZERO traffic backup...

IMO... Bike Week has become the Police Benevolent Overtime Week!

Woodsy
Attached Images

Belmont Resident (06-21-2011), Winnisquamguy (06-22-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #32
Ryan

Not that this is a gauge of attendance, but I found parking at the Weirs to be much more difficult this year. Thursday and Friday before noon, you couldn't find 2 spots to park the bikes.

I do agree that the police presence is way overboard and might be a factor in dwindling attendance.

I know they put those plastic strips across the road in certain locations to count the visitors, but I wonder if they can count the police vehicles also????
Old 06-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #33
Jonas Pilot

Default A quieter, gentler Bike Week.

http://www.citizen.com/news/laconia_...a4bcf6878.html
Old 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #34
Belmont Resident

Default Vendors

We had vendors say they wish it would go back to a long weekend. They say they make way less money with the whole week long thing then if it was just 4 days.
Every vendor we talked to said people were out but no money was being spent.
We visited the lobster pound the 3 times we went down and each time they looked to be doing very well.
Talked with someone today who was in VT for a wedding a couple of weeks ago. They ran into a group of bikers and asked if they were heading to Laconia. They said no Lake George is where its at now, to many cops at Laconia so they no longer come.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #35
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts
Default Bike Week Issues

Just some random thoughts about Bike Week:

1. It is, and always has been a "people watching" event. As the crowds continue to dwindle attendance will continue to decline.

2. Traffic delays are not necessarily a bad thing. They contribute to the feeling that Laconia is the "place to be" and help to draw even more people.

3. The signs that say the "Weirs Bridge is Closed" that are posted all the way out to Tilton keep many people from travelling through our area. That reduces the "people watching" and contributes to the decline in attendance.

4. This year the bridge was never closed, but all of the signs remained in place.

5. The over policing of Bike Week creates an intimidation factor that keeps many people away from the event. That costs local merchants revenue, increases the cost to taxpayers, and reduces the tax benefit to the state.

6. The UNH police continue to be overzealous and uninformed and make many mistakes with regard to the enforcement of local laws. They should not be invited back to this event.

7. The city hall powers that make the decisions regarding police and traffic should get input from the residents and business people and make appropriate changes so that they do not completely kill Bike Week. The current mentality seems to be: "We are going to do what we have aways done". That thought process will only result in the eventual end of the event and a significant loss of revenue to the City of Laconia and the State of New Hampshire. Big mistake!

Although it may be an inconvenience to some local residents, the new people and revenue that Bike Week brings into the area every year justifies the event. Many return with their families to vacation, and even buy a home. They patronize local businesses and help to contribute to the local economy.

Last edited by TiltonBB; 06-22-2011 at 05:32 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post:
Argie's Wife (06-22-2011), GsChinadoll (06-22-2011), idoso (06-22-2011)
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 PM   #36
baygo

Tavern 27 better than tripled last year. of course we were only a month old then.

Most the traffic was from the venders who spent most the dinner conversation on how disappointed they were.

Laconia had a traffic meter on union. how to we access the data?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:45 AM   #37
John A. Birdsall

Default cycles

I was up this past weekend, and really was surprised at the lack of noise put out and soundings at Echo Point. I did see some cycles, but not that many and they must have read my post about the center black line cause they seemed to stay on one side of the road better. Even at night when its all nice and quite there were very few group rumbles (noise) at the foot of Mt. Major.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #38
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I want to comment on a few things....

1st, there was no denying that attendence was done this year... Heck comming home sunday afternoon, there was no back up in Meredith, and once we got to the interestate we maybe saw a handfull of bikes will traveling south.

2nd, The police presence, I have to agree has gotten to be to much, and is probably a reason for decline in attendance. I believe this police presence is proper for the busiest of years, but one average there are two many police officers.

3rd, Yes the Hells Angels are always at bike week. Not only do they have a club house in the Area, but I believe they also own one of the house close by the blvd. In addition, they are also responsible for some of the vending. I over the years have met several of them while walking around the area, including at one time the man that was President of the Northest Region Chapters of the Hells Angels. While their reputation, was built in the sixties and seventies, they are evolving. And I think most people would be surprised at how much they are working to change the persona, and how many charities they help... Nope I won't say they are Angels, and I will not say that there reputation is with out reason. But I will say don't always judge a book buy its cover.
idoso (06-23-2011), ironhorsetim (06-22-2011), ishoot308 (06-22-2011), Winnisquamguy (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #39
Belmont Resident

Default Hells Angels

Years ago I worked as a bouncer at one of the many popular sports bars in Lowell Mass.
The Hells Angels frequented this bar on many a Friday night as they had a club house just a block away..
They kept to themselves pretty much and bothered no one.
The majority of the problems always seemed to come from the college punks from U-Lowell who very rarely knew the extent of their tolerance to beer and their ability to make fools out of themselves once they had to much of it.
Not once when the Hells Angels were in the bar did they create a problem and many times problems were lessened by their presence due to there reputation when provoked.
Usually the prospects are the ones who would be unruly trying to prove themselves.
I believe you would find if you researched it that today inner city youth with their gang affiliations are responsible for far more bloodshed than the Hells Angels will ever be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belmont Resident For This Useful Post:
ishoot308 (06-22-2011), Winnisquamguy (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #40
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Found on YouTube:

The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Marauder (06-22-2011)
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM   #41
Mr. V

For an inside view on the Hells Angels, read Hunter S. Thompson's book "Hells Angels."

He spent a lot of time with them.

Illuminating, to say the least.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:10 AM   #42
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
1st, there was no denying that attendence was done this year... Heck comming home sunday afternoon, there was no back up in Meredith, and once we got to the interestate we maybe saw a handfull of bikes will traveling south.
In contrast I was heading north on I93 Sunday morning and saw hundreds of Canadian bikers headed home. Times are good for Canadians heading to the US...
Old 06-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #43
GTO

Default I'm guessing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
In contrast I was heading north on I93 Sunday morning and saw hundreds of Canadian bikers headed home. Times are good for Canadians heading to the US...
I'm guessing they were all here cheering on the Bruins
Old 06-23-2011, 10:44 AM   #44
dpg

The problem with Bike Week is the EXCESSIVE POLICE presence! There were way too many cops... way too few people! I get the whole public safety thing... but come on! On 2 seperate occasions i took pictures of a group of 4 NHSP cruisers just hanging out! In one pic taken Saturday a 5th NHSP cruiser was just out of the picture! On walk to the Weirs I counted 7 NHSP cruisers between Kellerhaus and Lobster Pound! SEVEN NHSP cruisers within a 1/4 or so?? Really? This is all with ZERO traffic backup...

Woodsy - perhaps you would like to be one of the few "staties" there with very little backup? Not me that's for sure. When there's too little and there's trouble people complain. When there's to many and it's quiet people complain.
The Following User Says Thank You to dpg For This Useful Post:
spider22 (06-23-2011)
Old 06-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #45
Belmont Resident

Default dpg

I will not get into it other then to say I have lost all respect for NSP. I had an incident many years ago which fortunately the judge saw thru their lies and threw out the charges.
Then this past bike week I witnessed more acts of, I’m wearing a uniform I can do no wrong attitude. Way too many instances of police abusing their authority.
FYI, I haven’t received even a traffic ticket since 2001 so it is safe to say I’m not a trouble maker, not even one that doesn’t get caught.