Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > General Discussion
Home Forums Gallery Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
beantownbaby
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 40
Thanks: 150
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default Weirs channel clog Sunday

The Weirs Channel can always be slow going on a busy weekend. Yesterday we sat for a half hour in stand still traffic along with about 40 other boats. Does anyone know the reason? Is it due to the new busy looking valet operation near the channel opening which has boats cutting across the flow of traffic to get into the big lake? If so itís going to be a new experience this year getting out of Paugus.
beantownbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 12:56 PM   #2
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,563
Thanks: 146
Thanked 626 Times in 352 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbaby View Post
The Weirs Channel can always be slow going on a busy weekend. Yesterday we sat for a half hour in stand still traffic along with about 40 other boats. Does anyone know the reason? Is it due to the new busy looking valet operation near the channel opening which has boats cutting across the flow of traffic to get into the big lake? If so itís going to be a new experience this year getting out of Paugus.
The channel was closed for an hour or so .. divers were repairing a water main... maybe you were caught up in that??

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve-on-mark For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (05-29-2023)
Old 05-29-2023, 03:37 PM   #3
beantownbaby
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 40
Thanks: 150
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
The channel was closed for an hour or so .. divers were repairing a water main... maybe you were caught up in that??

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk


Thank you for this info! I think that must have been the issue. It was WAY more traffic, and stopped still, than we have seen. Appreciate your input.
beantownbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 03:39 PM   #4
steve-on-mark
Senior Member
 
steve-on-mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Epping, NH / Mark Island
Posts: 1,563
Thanks: 146
Thanked 626 Times in 352 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbaby View Post
Thank you for this info! I think that must have been the issue. It was WAY more traffic, and stopped still, than we have seen. Appreciate your input.
I'm full of it!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
__________________
....keeping " urban decay " out of photos for nearly a year.
steve-on-mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This page was generated in 0.31608 seconds