Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 07:20 AM   #101
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I just posed the question on their Facebook page to see if they have some type of schedule this season for visiting sand bars.

Also from their Facebook page they are selling tickets to board this weekend. The tickets are good for the day and you can board and disembark as you wish so obviously they are staying put this weekend.

Additionally looks like when the Weirs have their fireworks shows you will be able to board.

All this is making me lean towards they are not venturing out this season but I will report back when I have an answer

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I don't think there would be any schedule. I think they want to make the decision to go to a sand bar as last minute as possible due to weather, wind, chop etc. I would think they definitely will stay put until there are enough boaters/people and the water is warm enough to get in the water and walk at a sand bar. My guess is earliest would be mid to late June but maybe later.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:23 AM   #102
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I have a hard time believing that the Dive or Flightcraft just made this move without checking with the town first...Does anyone here actually believe they made this move without checking if it was legal and within their rights before doing it??

As far as noise goes...Each town has an ordinance that must be complied with. If they are not complying you have gripe...if they are, tough luck! However, if you wanted serenity you don't buy a home at the Weirs 100' from the busiest pier on the lake!

Dan
I would hope so but then again they did not check with the town of Alton last fall and look how that turned out.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:26 AM   #103
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
I don't think there would be any schedule. I think they want to make the decision to go to a sand bar as last minute as possible due to weather, wind, chop etc. I would think they definitely will stay put until there are enough boaters/people and the water is warm enough to get in the water and walk at a sand bar. My guess is earliest would be mid to late June but maybe later.
Really asking to see if they are going to venture out this season or are staying at the pier

Old 05-23-2019, 07:30 AM   #104
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrealtors View Post
Here are some photos of my new view. I know everyone has their opinions but please imagine if this was your home you live in and how you would feel losing any portion of your view you have always had.
I was never notified as an abutter of this and although they say they leave all day to go to the sand bar...they have not moved in a week. I can't imagine them leaving 7 days a week even on windy, chilly days this Summer. My poor neighbors behind me now only see the dive when they look out their back porches.

***Hoping the owners consider all us neighbors and do the right thing***
I agree with you. I wouldn't like it. No recourse as you were not notified as an abutter? Unfortunately, I do not see it moving anytime soon because they need warm water and more people going to sand bars to be worth moving to a sand bar.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #105
fatlazyless

Default .... the big fish in the lake?

Could be the Mount Washington has had conversations with the Marine Patrol and Laconia Zoning and would be happy for The Dive to stay way away from them, around behind the Winnipesaukee Pier, and basically out of sight.

Could be why the Marine Patrol and Laconia Zoning is slow to make any moves, after all, the Mount Washington is the big fish in the lake.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:37 AM   #106
Taz

Quote:
Really asking to see if they are going to venture out this season or are staying at the pier

They have said on their FB page when asked this question that they will be going to sand bars, quote "they love their sandbar crowd"
Old 05-23-2019, 07:40 AM   #107
joey2665

Quote:
They have said on their FB page when asked this question that they will be going to sand bars, quote "they love their sandbar crowd"

Thanks Taz. I didn’t see your question and their response on their page. Hopefully good news for the neighborhood that it will be occasionally leaving.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #108
Taz

Quote:
Thanks Taz. I didn’t see your question and their response on their page. Hopefully good news for the neighborhood that it will be occasionally leaving.

It wasn't my question but I did see others asking and saw their quote to one of them. Still not sure I buy it though. Now they are further away from Braun Bay and Smalls Cove than last year. Going to Margate would also be a chore because it seems they would have to leave early morning and return after dark when the channel is not busy like work barges would. Then if they do go to Margate say on a Saturday they would lose out on pier business if they have to return later in the evening. Will have to see how it unfolds.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:51 AM   #109
smith point boater

Default Moved??

The Dive is not visible on Weirs cam right now. Traveling or moved??
Old 05-23-2019, 07:55 AM   #110
webmaster

Thanked 3,691 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith point boater View Post
The Dive is not visible on Weirs cam right now. Traveling or moved??
They're at the gas dock pumping out:
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
smith point boater (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 08:02 AM   #111
joey2665

Quote:
It wasn't my question but I did see others asking and saw their quote to one of them. Still not sure I buy it though. Now they are further away from Braun Bay and Smalls Cove than last year. Going to Margate would also be a chore because it seems they would have to leave early morning and return after dark when the channel is not busy like work barges would. Then if they do go to Margate say on a Saturday they would lose out on pier business if they have to return later in the evening. Will have to see how it unfolds.
They are actually much closer to Braun Bay and can access other gathering spots like Timber Island and Patrician Shores

Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 AM   #112
Woodsy

The Pier is a commercial entity that has always had boats docked there. While I do sympathize with the property owners, they did buy next to a commercial enterprise and have to expect issues like this to arise.

Because the Dive is registered & licensed vessel, (that can and will leave & return) I seriously doubt the Pier is violating ANY town ordinances by having it docked at the end.

Woodsy
Old 05-23-2019, 08:41 AM   #113
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
They are actually much closer to Braun Bay and can access other gathering spots like Timber Island and Patrician Shores

Maybe closer to Braun, maybe wrong about that but its still probably a 2 hour ride given how slow it is. I don't see anyway they go to Timber. Its not a sand bar so you can not walk to it and they can not use spuds there, also not enough customers there. There would be much more business at Smalls and Braun. I think Patrician would be tough. Its not nearly as big as Smalls, Braun and if they don't get there early all the boats will box them out to get to shallow water to use spuds and walk to it. I would be very surprised if they go to Patrician.

I agree with your earlier comment. I think they may stay at the pier a lot more than people think or they say. Many customers and not the headaches of driving long distances and then running out of supplies so far away. They said them selves that was a challenge for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:
joey2665 (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #114
AC2717

Laconia has a noise ordinance and it does not have particular time frames, neither does Gilford. i know this from my battle with China Bistro that hopefully ended a few years back. If you make a complaint they will come out when you call them for the complaint. They will also go and request noises be taken care of and could actually write them a ticket for it.

That is the short of it, other than going to town meetings after documented complaints and the town steps in.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #115
Phantom

Taz - I respectfully disagree with only one of your comments ….. I see Patrician as an ideal location (somewhat closer than Braun) that area has vast sandbar area for the Spuds & draws a good sized crowd. Yes, it drops off quickly but again plenty of shoreline to find a spot provided they arrive before 10:00a.

The other unmentioned spot -- and it is where I think they will go often is to the Margate ……….. provided that they can fit under the bridge. Again, they would have to transport early so as to avoid the channel congestion.

All in all -- I like the idea of the Dive on the Lake -- I also can sympathize with the abutters view & their concerns -- yet, the Dive adds new character to the Lake, certainly is a talking piece when taking visitors on a ride, presents a unique place to take visitors periodically ….. but I have to admit (yes I have been aboard a few times) not a place you would hang out at every weekend....unfortunately- seems everyone here has been trying to "sink" it from the onset.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #116
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
Taz - I respectfully disagree with only one of your comments ….. I see Patrician as an ideal location (somewhat closer than Braun) that area has vast sandbar area for the Spuds & draws a good sized crowd. Yes, it drops off quickly but again plenty of shoreline to find a spot provided they arrive before 10:00a.

The other unmentioned spot -- and it is where I think they will go often is to the Margate ……….. provided that they can fit under the bridge. Again, they would have to transport early so as to avoid the channel congestion.

All in all -- I like the idea of the Dive on the Lake -- I also can sympathize with the abutters view & their concerns -- yet, the Dive adds new character to the Lake, certainly is a talking piece when taking visitors on a ride, presents a unique place to take visitors periodically ….. but I have to admit (yes I have been aboard a few times) not a place you would hang out at every weekend....unfortunately- seems everyone here has been trying to "sink" it from the onset.
Well said Phantom. I agree with you completely on all accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to joey2665 For This Useful Post:
Phantom (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:19 AM   #117
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
Everything of course is all speculation. Who knows how it will unfold. At Patrician, you get mostly 1 line up of boats and then a few smaller ones get in behind that 1 line. I'm sure if you count up the boats there compared to Smalls, Braun and the Margate there is much more potential business at those locations than Patrician.

Margate is not unmentioned. I referred to it in an earlier post today and it has been mentioned in other Dive threads previously. I think the Margate is the best spot for the Dive especially now that they are docked at Weirs. Its large, a lot of boats and minimal impact to shore front properties. The challenge will be navigating the channel. Work barges I am told go early morning and late in the day. It would be very difficult for 2 way traffic when the Dive is in the channel.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:32 AM   #118
joey2665

Quote:
Quote:
Everything of course is all speculation. Who knows how it will unfold. At Patrician, you get mostly 1 line up of boats and then a few smaller ones get in behind that 1 line. I'm sure if you count up the boats there compared to Smalls, Braun and the Margate there is much more potential business at those locations than Patrician.

Margate is not unmentioned. I referred to it in an earlier post today and it has been mentioned in other Dive threads previously. I think the Margate is the best spot for the Dive especially now that they are docked at Weirs. Its large, a lot of boats and minimal impact to shore front properties. The challenge will be navigating the channel. Work barges I am told go early morning and late in the day. It would be very difficult for 2 way traffic when the Dive is in the channel.
That’s exactly what the Dive did last year. They were at the West Alton sand bar by 8 am and stayed till around 10 when the crowd died down.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:40 AM   #119
Woodsy

AC2717...

Weirs Beach does have a separate noise ordinance than the city does.... no amplified music outside after 10:30pm, with the exception being Bike Week.

I don't think noisy patrons at the restaurant at the end of the Pier will qualify as a noise complaint in a zone that is designated commercial resort.

You were totally within your rights to argue with China Bistro... you could hear that thumping bass 1/2 way across the lake!

Woodsy
AC2717 (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 09:41 AM   #120
hilltopper

Default Ibow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
It's interesting how generally positive the Dive conversation is on IBOW and how generally negative it is here.
I expect all the docks in the area were established well before the current regulations came into being, so, "grandfathered". Yes, if you do something that creates a (new) hazard to navigation you may have to undo whatever.
What's this IBOW you speak of? Am I missing out on another great forum?
Old 05-23-2019, 09:44 AM   #121
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
What's this IBOW you speak of? Am I missing out on another great forum?
IBOLW, I boat on lake Winnipesaukee, BOW, boat on Winnipesaukee. Both are groups on Facebook you can join.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #122
znh

Quote:

This place is just a rumor, it doesn't actually exist so no way for them to go there

Also, if this boat is just tied up to the Wiers what is really the point of going on it? Then it just becomes another restaurant with a nice view, but really the quality of the food IMO does not justify going on there if it is tied up to the pier, especially with so many other options all around it.

Now when it was at West Alton it was the only option so the food was great and it was certainly fun to jump on, grab a beer and some snacks with friends and family...
Old 05-23-2019, 10:17 AM   #123
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by znh View Post
This place is just a rumor, it doesn't actually exist so no way for them to go there

Also, if this boat is just tied up to the Wiers what is really the point of going on it? Then it just becomes another restaurant with a nice view, but really the quality of the food IMO does not justify going on there if it is tied up to the pier, especially with so many other options all around it.

I agree I doubt I will go if it's just sitting there at the dock

Now when it was at West Alton it was the only option so the food was great and it was certainly fun to jump on, grab a beer and some snacks with friends and family...
Very true as it will be in places like Braun, Margate and the mythical Patrician Shores
Old 05-23-2019, 10:21 AM   #124
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by znh View Post

Totally agree with you on all points. I was saying the same thing to my spouse. "Its just another lakefront restaurant tied up." I have been on the Dive and the food is not as good as other restaurants, the drinks were ok but not for the price and I have had better drinks for cheaper at other lake front establishments. NASWA, Town Docks for instance have better food and better drinks at a cheaper price IMO. Plus you can boat to those establishments and tie up. I refuse to tie up at Weirs town docks as mentioned in many posts about Weirs town docks.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:50 AM   #125
joey2665

Quote:
Totally agree with you on all points. I was saying the same thing to my spouse. "Its just another lakefront restaurant tied up." I have been on the Dive and the food is not as good as other restaurants, the drinks were ok but not for the price and I have had better drinks for cheaper at other lake front establishments. NASWA, Town Docks for instance have better food and better drinks at a cheaper price IMO. Plus you can boat to those establishments and tie up. I refuse to tie up at Weirs town docks as mentioned in many posts about Weirs town docks.
Absolutely, the "charm" of the Dive is pulling up or wading over to it while out on the water not to walk to it from a dock and it sits still. As you mention I would much prefer Town Docks, NASWA or other various choices in Alton Wolfeboro, Center Harbor and Meredith
Hillcountry (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #126
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

At least Weirs is more commercial than West Alton so the neighbors must be used the noise and the food smells. It's probably only the blocking of their view that bothers them although I don't know that. I do know we have friends who live in the West Alton area that are very happy it's not there anymore. They got sick of the smells and the noise at night-apparently especially the not very talented karaoke singers. . But seriously, they were ready to sell.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #127
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
At least Weirs is more commercial than West Alton so the neighbors must be used the noise and the food smells. It's probably only the blocking of their view that bothers them although I don't know that. I do know we have friends who live in the West Alton area that are very happy it's not there anymore. They got sick of the smells and the noise at night-apparently especially the not very talented karaoke singers. . But seriously, they were ready to sell.
Doing the types of things the dive will need to do to survive, Karoke, having late night loud music, and crowds... are going to be a problem for people close by to where ever they may set up.

In my belief in order to survive, the DIVE needs to be as mobile as possible, visiting different locations for the day ever weekend. I could deal with a party next door for a day, most people I believe can... Having the party next door every weekend does get a bit old.

OR

The dive needs to find a location where they can conduct business everyday, no matter the weather. And once in a while venture out when conditions are right or they have a chartered engagement. This appears to be what they are attempting this year. How much they will venture out seems to be the real question... And it will be answered over the course of the summer.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:34 PM   #128
Phantom

With the many establishment owners who are -- I find it odd that after two years there is no one from the Dive on this Forum …

Certainly they are aware of it (I personally told them a couple of times last season) ……………. or are they simply "Lurking" !!
Old 05-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #129
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBGX2 View Post
Come down to the Weirs for the Dive’s sophomore season opening!!! We have fire pits and big heaters on and ready to go!
From the wording of the original post it seems like GBGX2 is involved with the Dive.
Phantom (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #130
tis

Thanked 1,371 Times in 947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Doing the types of things the dive will need to do to survive, Karoke, having late night loud music, and crowds... are going to be a problem for people close by to where ever they may set up.

In my belief in order to survive, the DIVE needs to be as mobile as possible, visiting different locations for the day ever weekend. I could deal with a party next door for a day, most people I believe can... Having the party next door every weekend does get a bit old.

OR

The dive needs to find a location where they can conduct business everyday, no matter the weather. And once in a while venture out when conditions are right or they have a chartered engagement. This appears to be what they are attempting this year. How much they will venture out seems to be the real question... And it will be answered over the course of the summer.
I totally agree with you. Once in a while would be ok but every night would be tough. Who wants a loud party in their yard every night? I would think the noise and food smell wouldn't be an issue at the Weirs but where it is parked is an issue for the homeowners there. They almost have it figured out!!!
Old 05-23-2019, 03:05 PM   #131
fatlazyless

Wink .... I rest my drink .... eh .... I mean case!

Isn't there a local Laconia attorney who used to be Mayor of Laconia who advertises on the front page of the LaDaSun ..... so he must be look'n for new clients ..... as the former mayor .... he could be an attorney familiar with the local agencies and good to represent a Simpson Ave home owner look'n for a legal remedy.

I rest my case!

And, the best defense is a good offense. ..... General George Washington, 1777
Old 05-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #132
Descant

Thanked 1,492 Times in 970 Posts
Default Wolfeboro?

Sometime back there was some info about the Dive trying to work with Wolfeboro to use public docks. It appeared to me that they had already scheduled some Wolfeboro charters.
Any more info on that? (I think the issues of distance, etc. have already been thrashed around.)
Old 05-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #133
Outdoorsman

Quote:

Very well said. This is likely the crowd that the Dive is looking for.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #134
jazzman

I never heard anything about Wolfeboro. I'm sure Jo Green's wouldn't like it much. It would be a terrible match anyway. Wolfeboro isn't exactly a Dive kinda place. The Weir's is a good home for it. It's just too bad they're abusing that dock by sticking 65 feet out in the wrong direction and being a bad neighbor.

I think people will have to hold onto their drinks if they're going to stay broadside to the waves that might be there in the summer. Things get tough on the Akwa docks. I assume it's similar broadside to the water on winni pier.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #135
TheTimeTraveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrealtors View Post
Here are some photos of my new view. I know everyone has their opinions but please imagine if this was your home you live in and how you would feel losing any portion of your view you have always had.
I was never notified as an abutter of this and although they say they leave all day to go to the sand bar...they have not moved in a week. I can't imagine them leaving 7 days a week even on windy, chilly days this Summer. My poor neighbors behind me now only see the dive when they look out their back porches.

***Hoping the owners consider all us neighbors and do the right thing***
That is a nasty view and I would immediately research a good knowledgeable marine law attorney to see if you have a valid case to go forward, and start making some noise.

One thing is for sure; it negatively affects your property values!

If enough of your neighbors are on board you may have a very good class action case.

A good place to start is the licensing authorities who give licenses for water worthiness, plus food and beverage licensing.

Without licenses they are out of business permanently (they can not and will not operate without a financial incentive).

Keep us posted......
Old 05-23-2019, 08:59 PM   #136
Descant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeTraveler View Post
That is a nasty view and I would immediately research a good knowledgeable marine law attorney to see if you have a valid case to go forward, and start making some noise.

One thing is for sure; it negatively affects your property values!

If enough of your neighbors are on board you may have a very good class action case.

A good place to start is the licensing authorities who give licenses for water worthiness, plus food and beverage licensing.

Without licenses they are out of business permanently (they can not and will not operate without a financial incentive).

Keep us posted......
I know this sounds rude, but not intended that way. Just don't know how else to summarize: Sounds like reading too many magazines at the beauty parlor. Class action?
Old 05-24-2019, 03:57 AM   #137
Reilly

Default correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
SO my question becomes:

with mooring and docks and the current laws, isn't it true that current boats cannot swing off a mooring or be docked over the property line of a neighbor? wouldn't this hold true in this situation, especially because of property lines already established, and there are slips under that pier that boats went into that kept them on the pier's side of a property line.

I for one am disappointed with East Coast Flight tech and the Dive owners for setting up this way, and I hope it is temporary. One would think neighbor discussion should have happened.

Seems like ever since the Goodhue Hawkins/East Coast Flight Craft took over Colbalt up in NH they have been trying to take over the world, which good for them, and I'm fine with that but now they are over stretching with this move. They wont block the Anthony's view but will cross over the property line to block others and yes that is a navigational hazard in that area

I truly believe that property owner and the owners on that street have a legitimate complaint in multiple aspects
you are absolutly correct & they will act on it
Old 05-24-2019, 06:31 AM   #138
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
From the wording of the original post it seems like GBGX2 is involved with the Dive.
I can see the value of a business owner plugging their business to the forums many subscribers but wondering if that is within the rules.
I'd love to post specials and notices about my business but didn't think advertising was allowed.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:46 AM   #139
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I can see the value of a business owner plugging their business to the forums many subscribers but wondering if that is within the rules.

I'd love to post specials and notices about my business but didn't think advertising was allowed.
Maybe the webmaster can start a restaurant section similar to the classifieds were you can post menus, specials openings etc. I think many would view is as food is always a major topic this site.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #140
Mr. V

Quote:
Indeed.

HGBFX2 has also, understandably, been MIA and chosen not to wade in the perilous waters of this thread.

No sense letting yourself become a target.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:47 AM   #141
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
I know this sounds rude, but not intended that way. Just don't know how else to summarize: Sounds like reading too many magazines at the beauty parlor. Class action?
…..the two water front homes down the bottom of Simpson Ave, and the homes on the right side of the road with back porch views of the water all have the same exact issue ….and belong in the same CLASS of plaintiffs to hire an attorney and pursue a legal remedy to stop The Dive from permanently blocking what's been an open view, there, for the last 119-years and earlier.

Having a group of neighbors, all together in the same CLASS is a good way to share and lower the legal expense … plus it probably brings the neighbors together ….. united in the fight against the large and invasive Dive restaurant and bar …. bottoms up!~
Old 05-24-2019, 12:55 PM   #142
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
I'd rather not see weekly specials announcements posted but since this is the "Restaurant Information..." section I don't mind at all if the owners post information occasionally about their businesses that our readers would be interested in. If your restaurant is doing something new or has a significant change certainly let us forum readers know. If you do it wisely you can both benefit your business and stay within the "no advertisement" rule. A good example of how that can be done is Baygo. If you follow his posts you know that he owns Tavern 27 and have learned quite a bit about the place. He recently posted a poll about his new distillery. That could be viewed as promotional but it's also the kind of fun and information this section is for. I assume many forum readers would like to know when the distillery is operational and I hope he tells us. If that sends some business his way that's great. I don't think he's ever posted anything I'd consider a blatant advertisement.

Another great way to help your business it to simply monitor the forum and answer questions. If somebody asks where you can get Prime Rib at the lake it is perfectly fine to reply and say "We've got the best Prime Rib around! Come on over!" and even slip in other information and your menu.

Having said all that I'll admit that the original post does kind of cross the line into an advertisement but I let it go because of the tremendous interest in the Dive and the desire for more information. Regular forum visitors know that the rules get bent quite often but if the Dive starts posting their weekend drink specials I may have to step in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:
Hillcountry (05-24-2019), TiltonBB (05-24-2019), trfour (05-26-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 04:45 AM   #143
GBGX2

Default Actually, I don’t...

Quote:
While I have met the owners once in person over a year ago, I have not had the occasion to speak to them or see them since. I have no inside knowledge or financial interest in the venture.

My original post was just quoting their Facebook page, thought it was a great picture- that’s it!

Cheers!

Last edited by GBGX2; 05-27-2019 at 06:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to GBGX2 For This Useful Post:
Mr. V (05-26-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 04:57 AM   #144
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,617 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
I'd rather not see weekly specials announcements posted but since this is the "Restaurant Information..." section I don't mind at all if the owners post information occasionally about their businesses that our readers would be interested in. If your restaurant is doing something new or has a significant change certainly let us forum readers know. If you do it wisely you can both benefit your business and stay within the "no advertisement" rule. A good example of how that can be done is Baygo. If you follow his posts you know that he owns Tavern 27 and have learned quite a bit about the place. He recently posted a poll about his new distillery. That could be viewed as promotional but it's also the kind of fun and information this section is for. I assume many forum readers would like to know when the distillery is operational and I hope he tells us. If that sends some business his way that's great. I don't think he's ever posted anything I'd consider a blatant advertisement.

Another great way to help your business it to simply monitor the forum and answer questions. If somebody asks where you can get Prime Rib at the lake it is perfectly fine to reply and say "We've got the best Prime Rib around! Come on over!" and even slip in other information and your menu.

Having said all that I'll admit that the original post does kind of cross the line into an advertisement but I let it go because of the tremendous interest in the Dive and the desire for more information. Regular forum visitors know that the rules get bent quite often but if the Dive starts posting their weekend drink specials I may have to step in.
Thanks for explaining. Sounds very reasonable. Two weeks ago I was going to make a post that we were closing for a week to install a new kitchen floor but didn't know if that was acceptable. Seems like it would have been ok now that you've explained it. Appreciate the job you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
trfour (05-26-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #145
Homerun

looking forward to some cocktails and some good times with family and friends. ithink the move to the weirs was a great business move and i hear they will be headed out on the lake on occasion. i wish them the best.
Old 05-26-2019, 04:17 PM   #146
sum-r breeze

Default Fun Fun Fun!!

We went to The Dive today for lunch and some cocktails. What an awesome experience The owners Jamie and Betsy do a phenomenal job with hospitality. They move from table to table conversing with their patrons and making each and every one of us feel like old friends. The outdoor atmosphere and the “on water” feel of the dive was something entirely different for the Weirs and a welcomed change from the other offerings there. The food was good and fresh and the drinks were fantastic. Great job Jamie and Betsy! You brought something new and exciting to the Weirs! Best of luck for a successful season! (Paulie from good fellas)
Blyblvrd (05-27-2019), gravy boat (05-27-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 10:46 PM   #147
Top-Water

Stumbled across this ......... what do you think came to mind.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
GBGX2 (05-27-2019), robmac (05-27-2019), webmaster (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 12:04 PM   #148
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
Stumbled across this ......... what do you think came to mind.

Weirs dive 6 la-da-da-da-da-daaa
Weirs dive 6 la-da-da-da-da-daaa
Weirs dive 6 la-da-da-da-da-daaaaaa
At the Flightcraft docks!
Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 AM   #149
Phantom

Respecting the change that occurred to the owners on Simpson Dr. from the water side this has a completely different perspective.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2019, 06:56 AM   #150
fatlazyless

...... FAKE NEWS! ..... that's from the outside look'n in ..... you need to consider the view from the inside look'n out .... which is a different scale ..... and a different view ..... for the last 119+ years has been an open view

Look'n out from shore, The Dive barge structure is very close and takes up a greater width of the view than when viewed from further out on the water and look'n at it. Is all about perspective and scale as viewed from up close or further away.

Any way you look at it …. is one big ugly, floating restaurant, size 24' x 62' x 30' that clutters up the view, shows up with no advance notice, makes no effort to talk with the neighbors, introduces sounds, smells, and people activity where there was none before into a recreation non-commercial use lake area ….. and looks to be there permanently for years and years and years.

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-28-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:04 AM   #151
robmac

If abutters have concerns speak with the owners and if not fruitful then check Marine patrol and or the town. It's a business and I for one don't see an issue. I do recall friends of mine renting that property so unless its changed hands are the owners actually there all the time? These owners have invested what I can only imagine the number of hours and dollars preparing for it to be on the water so again I would think they would have looked into all possible pitfalls. BTW haven't been yet don't know the owners or have any money invested.
The Following User Says Thank You to robmac For This Useful Post:
LoveLakeLife (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #152
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
...... introduces sounds, smells, and people activity where there was none before into a recreation non-commercial use lake area ….. and looks to be there permanently for years and years and years.
Every bit of the above is false. It is docked on the pier of Weirs Blvd and there are plenty of commercial use vessels on the lake. The M/S Mount Washington comes to mind.... and that is only yards away The Dive.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #153
garysanfran

Default If this photo had been taken 100' to the south...

Quote:
Respecting the change that occurred to the owners on Simpson Dr. from the water side this has a completely different perspective.
You would not see that house, whereas a few weeks ago you would. The Dive is blocking that section.

I don't have much of an opinion on this. It's not my battle and I have other things of more concern...HOWEVER!

Now you also have a business with lots of people in your view and viewing back. Wasn't like that before. It doesn't appear that would have been the case with Anthony's...Plus Anthony's is in a building that has been there since the time of the glaciers, well maybe the Irwins.

How is Anthony's doing?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:22 PM   #154
pjard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
Every bit of the above is false. It is docked on the pier of Weirs Blvd and there are plenty of commercial use vessels on the lake. The M/S Mount Washington comes to mind.... and that is only yards away The Dive.
Sorry but The Dive is an eyesore on this awesome lake. I don't post many complaints on this forum but I hate that monstrosity.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pjard For This Useful Post:
ApS (05-30-2019), Biggd (05-30-2019), Charlie T (05-31-2019), FlyingScot (05-30-2019), garysanfran (05-30-2019), GodSmile (05-31-2019), jazzman (05-30-2019), Reilly (05-30-2019), SAMIAM (05-30-2019), trfour (05-30-2019), tummyman (05-30-2019), Wifi-1 (05-31-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 03:41 PM   #155
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjard View Post
Sorry but The Dive is an eyesore on this awesome lake. I don't post many complaints on this forum but I hate that monstrosity.
Nevertheless; everything in the quote that I was addressing is just plain false. I am sure you can agree with that at least.

Quote:
...... introduces sounds, smells, and people activity where there was none before into a recreation non-commercial use lake area ….. and looks to be there permanently for years and years and years.
As for it being there permanently, the same was said last summer when it sat at the sand bar and that proved to be false.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:06 AM   #156
Top-Water

The original party boat? I don't know. Imagine the outrage back then. The current lakes region party boat is not my cup of tea either, but not an obsession. Just a little weird for my taste. Hard to warm up to. But others seem to be enjoying it so I'll deal with it.

Old 05-31-2019, 06:06 AM   #157
garysanfran

Default It's gone...

Where did it go?
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2019, 06:16 AM   #158
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
Where did it go?
At the gas dock. You can check the gas dock with this webcam:

https://flightcraft.lakehost.net/index.php/webcam/
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2019, 06:18 AM   #159
garysanfran

Default Think I found it...

A confusing location.

Is this just for a "pump out"?
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2019, 06:41 AM   #160
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default Oooooooooooppppppps

Oops Gary, you lost it again

Dave
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #161
Rich

Will this be the new 'Where's Waldo' for Lake Winni?

Where's the Dive?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rich For This Useful Post:
gravy boat (06-04-2019), upthesaukee (06-19-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 07:14 AM   #162
joey2665

Dive is at its mooring location behind Anthony’s and has announced extended hours for bike week closing at midnight every night

Old 06-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #163
Hillcountry

Quote:
Dive is at its mooring location behind Anthony’s and has announced extended hours for bike week closing at midnight every night

Mooring or tied up to the dock? They should have a very good bike week at this location!
Old 06-07-2019, 07:24 AM   #164
joey2665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcountry View Post
Mooring or tied up to the dock? They should have a very good bike week at this location!
Sorry you are correct it’s tied up. You cannot pull up with a boat you must walk on via the pier.

Hillcountry (06-07-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #165
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I don’t think they are breaking any rules, laws or ordinances.
I think that has turned out to be the case after speaking to a few people at the pier today.

I haven't seen any posted yet so I took a few pictures of the boarding area underneath the arcade and Anthony's. There was a private party on board so there was no other activity yet:
Attached Images

chipj29 (06-18-2019)
Old 06-18-2019, 10:02 AM   #166
BrunoSR

Hey that third picture looks like your standing on my boat?

You didn't happen to clean all the pollen off did you?
Old 06-18-2019, 10:45 AM   #167
webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoSR View Post
Hey that third picture looks like your standing on my boat?

You didn't happen to clean all the pollen off did you?
I was standing on the dock and left the pollen for you .
Old 06-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #168
fatlazyless

Walking or driving down along the Weirs boardwalk in the vicinity of the Mount Washington cruise ship, The Dive there is basically invisible. It cannot be seen as it is docked behind the large Pier structure so it's best visibility is most definitely on the Weirs Cam?

And apparently, there's no incoming drive-up business with drive-up boaters or waders/swimmers/floaters boarding from the water there similar to the West Alton sand bar so how good a business location will it turn out to be?

Maybe boaters could drop anchor and float on into The Dive on a yellow foam noodle ..... the crocodile way to go ..... and here's an old crocodile joke .... ok ..... a crocodile walks into a bar and is about to order a drink ..... the bartender looks up ..... and quickly asks ..... 'so, why the long face today?' ....

Has it made any sand bar cruising trips, lately?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:17 PM   #169
garysanfran

Default Just a theory...

I heard, from, what should be a pretty reliable source for this info...That Anthony's will be closing. This, probably the last season. I've heard from many sources that Flightcraft will be doing a major reno of the old Winni gardens building.

I think mayhaps, The Dive know this and is setting up to take the business during the reno and after Anthony's closes...Who knows.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 PM   #170
fatlazyless

Default This is a restaurant ... not a rest area!

As the #1 best, award winning restaurant, welcoming entry sign ..... ever, ever made ..... in the world history of restaurant entry signs ..... this sign:

This is a restaurant
Not a rest area

hung from the ceiling, just inside the entry door at Anthony's on The Pier has got to be my fave sign ever for a restaurant ...... and hopefully it will somehow get preserved as a friendly relic, or something ...... good for a laugh ..... ha-ha-ha ... !

Makes me think of Mel from Mel's Dinner on the 1980's Alice tv show.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:37 PM   #171
Descant

Gary, posted elsewhere, I believe, the original plans for Flightcraft were to do major rehab to the structure. After all, it is about 70 years old, the underpinnings could be older.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:42 PM   #172
Barney Bear

Default Creak! Groan! Moan!

Not as old as mine. 🐻
Old 06-19-2019, 07:09 AM   #173
garysanfran

Default Anthony's is kinda like Starbucks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysanfran View Post
I heard, from, what should be a pretty reliable source for this info...That Anthony's will be closing. This, probably the last season. I've heard from many sources that Flightcraft will be doing a major reno of the old Winni gardens building.

I think mayhaps, The Dive know this and is setting up to take the business during the reno and after Anthony's closes...Who knows.
Great place to hang-out. Buy one beer/one cup of coffee and spend the day on the internet. Difference is that Anthony's has a better view than any Starbucks I've ever seen.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #174
garysanfran

Default Seems to be a partnership...

I never say Anthony's and Flightcraft so cozy! There's more to this, me thinks!

https://www.facebook.com/16544150545...0563590314128/
Old 06-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #175
Taz

Default The Dive

When the Dive started last year and patrons commented on their prices being high, the Dive ownership stated "because we are on the water, stocking supplies, driving to other locations, its more expensive to operate" I was told this by ownership on my one and only visit. So... since the Dive now has a permanent home connected to land, does that mean the prices will go down to reflect that its not as expensive to operate?
Old 06-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #176
Woodsy

Taz...

Spent quite a bit of time on the Dive during Bike Week... I haven't been to the Dive at sandbar, so I cannot comment on their pricing. I can say that while docked I did not find their prices to be high. I think I paid $4.50 for a Bud Light can. I did have the Mediterranean Plate (Delicious!) and I think that was $11-$12 bucks or so.... all while watching the world go by on the lake!

Certainly they are no more expensive than the Naswa!

Woodsy
Old 06-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #177
ishoot308

Thanked 4,904 Times in 1,897 Posts

Quote:
When the Dive started last year and patrons commented on their prices being high, the Dive ownership stated "because we are on the water, stocking supplies, driving to other locations, its more expensive to operate" I was told this by ownership on my one and only visit. So... since the Dive now has a permanent home connected to land, does that mean the prices will go down to reflect that its not as expensive to operate?
I doubt it as now they have to rent space from Flightcraft and i'm sure that is not cheap... Whatever price they are charging does not seem to bother most patrons as they seem to be packed most of the time!

Dan
Old 06-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #178
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
I doubt it as now they have to rent space from Flightcraft and i'm sure that is not cheap... Whatever price they are charging does not seem to bother most patrons as they seem to be packed most of the time!

Dan
My post was tongue in cheek/rhetorical. I know they are not going to reduce prices. Just pointing out their ridiculous response.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #179
Taz

Default Dive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Taz...

Spent quite a bit of time on the Dive during Bike Week... I haven't been to the Dive at sandbar, so I cannot comment on their pricing. I can say that while docked I did not find their prices to be high. I think I paid $4.50 for a Bud Light can. I did have the Mediterranean Plate (Delicious!) and I think that was $11-$12 bucks or so.... all while watching the world go by on the lake!

Certainly they are no more expensive than the Naswa!

Woodsy
Last year the Dive pina colada was $14.00 a plastic cup and I have had much better pina colada's elsewhere. Town Dox has $14.00 signature drinks IN A BUCKET and they are much better drinks. The Town Docks also had similar size cocktails for $10.00. The NASWA had better drinks in the same size cup for $10.00. So do I think they are expensive? Yes, I'm all set thank you.

Last edited by Taz; 06-21-2019 at 05:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taz For This Useful Post:
Reilly (06-21-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 03:07 PM   #180
ericnh

Default Great story on "The Dive" by Chronicle

https://www.wmur.com/article/thursda...aukee/23508552
Old 06-27-2019, 05:07 PM   #181
fatlazyless

...... here comes the dive ...... very slowly ....... coming down the passage between Bear and Mark Island and maybe..... probably?.....going to its Weirs home port ...... there it is ..... looks like a big white shoe box or something.....or like a big gypsy boxy house boat or something..... is pointed directly at me ..... so's think I'll go hit the lake and wave as it goes by ..... who knows ..... will probably adjust course ..... is moving very slowly ..... at about maybe 4-mph ....definitely a no wake speed ..... gotta hit the water ..... is actually sorta nice look'n out there ....... everyone just loves the dive! ....... weeoooooooo!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:23 PM   #182
rick35

I saw the Dive go by this morning and when it returned this afternoon. It goes really slow and those big Evinrudes were revving pretty loud. It does look like a big shoebox. With all that upper weight i’d be concerned about it tipping over.
The Following User Says Thank You to rick35 For This Useful Post:
MBNeckguy (06-27-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 06:11 AM   #183
joey2665

Looks like the Dives plan is when the weather is good to hit a sandbar during the day and back to the pier for nighttime festivities.

Yesterday they were in Braun Bay and back by 7:30pm

Old 06-28-2019, 07:47 AM   #184
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick35 View Post
I saw the Dive go by this morning and when it returned this afternoon. It goes really slow and those big Evinrudes were revving pretty loud. It does look like a big shoebox. With all that upper weight i’d be concerned about it tipping over.
With the platform, a barge, that they built upon, and the speed at which she travels I don't think there is any reason to be concerned with a tipping issue.

The engines and their longevity are of course in question. As with all the other barges I see around the lake I will not be suprised to see engines being replaced, from time to time... The beauty of outboards is that swapping them out should be pretty straight forward.

If I owned the Dive, I would be strongly considering going to an external tug to move around the lake with, and making the barge just that a barge..... A separate tug can be setup, to have much more thrust power to push that barge around, and have a very reliable and long lasting diesel engine....

Old 06-28-2019, 08:05 AM   #185
fatlazyless

Here's an el cheapo solution that could be a fun thing to do. Get six of those used, long black paddle board paddles for short money from Ekal in Meredith,

and allow customers to help move the barge by paddling it along as it goes ...... hey everyone, who wants to paddle? ....... and maybe give them

some courtesy Cheez-its for energy .......

Cheez-it paddle power on The Dive!

Paddles actually have a lot of torque and orange Cheez-its will float!
Old 06-28-2019, 12:01 PM   #186
Woodsy

All these comments about the Dive by lots of people who haven't even been on it. Give it a try before you bash the place!

The Dive is BEYOND stable, and has USCG certification and has been inspected by NHMP.

Woodsy
Descant (06-29-2019), joey2665 (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 12:49 PM   #187
kawishiwi

Default I like food trucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
All these comments about the Dive by lots of people who haven't even been on it. Give it a try before you bash the place!

The Dive is BEYOND stable, and has USCG certification and has been inspected by NHMP.

Woodsy
I don't have to go on it to dislike it. I dislike it from afar just fine thank you. Nothing on board is gonna change my mind.
I like food trucks. I don't want them parked in the middle of a state park.
The dive is just a waterborne food truck and it's parking in the middle of our state park of Winni.
It's astonishingly "fugly".
Tied up on the waterfront is just fine.
Spudded into a sandbar...not so much.
FlyingScot (06-29-2019), Reilly (06-29-2019), thinkxingu (06-28-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 02:15 PM   #188
Mr. V

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
I don't have to go on it to dislike it. I dislike it from afar just fine thank you.
The mount is much bigger but I don't see people complaining about it.

Seems to me you're objecting only on the basis of design: it's too boxy, correct?

Why would anyone give the mount a bye yet criticize the dive?
Old 06-28-2019, 02:17 PM   #189
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi;

... is just a waterborne food truck
Does it pollute the lake with urine, feces, gasoline, oil, trash, litter, junk debris, plastic, food container items, alcoholic beverage items or anything else originated from The Dive itself or coming from the attracted drive-in boaters at the different sand bar locations where it anchors in place to attract business?
Old 06-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #190
joey2665

Quote:
I don't have to go on it to dislike it. I dislike it from afar just fine thank you. Nothing on board is gonna change my mind.

The dive is just a waterborne food truck and it's parking in the middle of our state park of Winni.

Certainly your choice to like it or not to like it but it has all the necessary approvals to operate on the lake so it has every right to be there just as we do

gravy boat (06-30-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 04:10 PM   #191
The Real BigGuy

Quote:

My daughter has a friend who is always “i don’t like this”, “i don’t like that”. When we ask “have you tried it?” She usually says “no”. Then how do you know? I didn’t like lobster until I was 21, then I tried it and found out what I was missing. Give the Dive a try. If you don’t like it then your view will carry some weight.

Old 06-28-2019, 06:41 PM   #192
Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post

Seems to me you're objecting only on the basis of design: it's too boxy, correct?

The Mount and The Dive are an apples to oranges comparison. Trump and Obama are both Presidents so must be the same, right?
Old 06-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #193
fatlazyless

The Dive seems to move along at 4-mph and will drop anchor on top of a shallow sandbar for four hours, trying to attract boaters to drop anchor and wade through the water to get on-board The Dive for purchasing food and adult drinks. It will stop at a shallow water sand bar, stay in place, and wait for the business to show up.

With people climbing in and out of their boats like this, there's a good chance for different types of pollution. It's much more of an uncontrolled situation for all the pollution items mentioned in my above post. Items like food packaging, napkins, food items and human waste getting into the lake are more likely to happen.

The Mount Washington moves along at 22-mph and makes predesignated brief stops at the various town docks. No one goes from boat to water to sandbar to a private smaller boat, along the way ....... everyone stays on-board the 220' ship. The Mount is a much more controlled, safer and clean lake cruise.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:40 AM   #194
Blyblvrd

Quote:
The Dive seems to move along at 4-mph and will drop anchor on top of a shallow sandbar for four hours, trying to attract boaters to drop anchor and wade through the water to get on-board The Dive for purchasing food and adult drinks. It will stop at a shallow water sand bar, stay in place, and wait for the business to show up.

With people climbing in and out of their boats like this, there's a good chance for different types of pollution. It's much more of an uncontrolled situation for all the pollution items mentioned in my above post. Items like food packaging, napkins, food items and human waste getting into the lake are more likely to happen.

The Mount Washington moves along at 22-mph and makes predesignated brief stops at the various town docks. No one goes from boat to water to sandbar to a private smaller boat, along the way ....... everyone stays on-board the 220' ship. The Mount is a much more controlled, safer and clean lake cruise.
Sounds like an uninformed opinion about it polluting the lake. Anyone have evidence of what’s being said above or is it simply ignorant opinion trying to be represented as fact?

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blyblvrd For This Useful Post:
Top-Water (06-29-2019), Wifi-1 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #195
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyblvrd View Post
Sounds like an uninformed opinion about it polluting the lake. Anyone have evidence of what’s being said above or is it simply ignorant opinion trying to be represented as fact?
Thank you ...

I didn't think anyone else was noticing this line of exaggerated line of BS.

For the record I'm not a big Dive Supporter never went on board, but I don't hate it either.

Post 189 Before it gets edited into something else,
Quote:
Does it pollute the lake with urine, feces, gasoline, oil, trash, litter, junk debris, plastic, food container items, alcoholic beverage items or anything else originated from The Dive itself or coming from the attracted drive-in boaters at the different sand bar locations where it anchors in place to attract business?
The Following User Says Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post:
Wifi-1 (06-29-2019)
Old 06-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #196
The Real BigGuy

Quote:

Uninformed - fatlazyless. Nah, that could never happen

Old 06-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #197
Garcia

Quote:

It's one of those things I don't like to think about - all those people out rafting, swimming, and drinking - where are they going to the bathroom? Do I want to know???
Old 06-29-2019, 01:16 PM   #198
Mr. V

Seems to me that the dive provides a very good service when anchored on a sand bar, namely: it has a toilet available.

Those here who fear the possibility of human waste contaminating the lake should feel better when the dive is anchored as it gives all the rafters an actual toilet to use as opposed to simply "doing their business" in the lake as is the only option otherwise.

Were I a betting man (and I am) I'd be willing to bet the farm that the dive has a holding tank for the on borad toilet(s) as opposed to simply letting effluent flow into the lake (duh).

They provide a much needed service, at least for those rafters who actually bother to choose to use the toilet(s).
Old 06-29-2019, 11:13 PM   #199
kawishiwi

Default Seriously, are we 9 yrs old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
My daughter has a friend who is always “i don’t like this”, “i don’t like that”. When we ask “have you tried it?” She usually says “no”. Then how do you know? I didn’t like lobster until I was 21, then I tried it and found out what I was missing. Give the Dive a try. If you don’t like it then your view will carry some weight.

I don't like cancer either. But I've never actually had it so you think I should withhold judgement about cancer being bad until I actually experience it?

Seriously.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:23 PM   #200
kawishiwi

Default Let me count the ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. V View Post

Nice attempt at deflection. There are a lot of things I like & alot that I don't. The dive is ugly. The dive is like a food truck in the middle of a state park trail. The dive is out of place anchored on a sandbar. These things are true by themselves, independent of any other thing.
Momo (07-02-2019), thinkxingu (06-30-2019)
Closed Thread