Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Lake Issues > Boating Issues > Speed Limits
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
pm203

Default Performance Boats- Alive and Well!!!

It was good to see and hear all the performance boats that returned to the lake this year. There have been healthy sounding speed boats on the lake since the 20's. Thank goodness, the tradition continues!!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:31 AM   #2
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Talking Very Nice Indeed

They were all doing under the 45 mph speed limit too!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
mastercraft

HAHAHAHAHA yeah sure they only went 45!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
OCDACTIVE

I was out... Nothing is keeping me from enjoy my new toy to the Fullest!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
colt17

There were many times this past weekend when i was doing 45mph and I got passed like i was standing still buy some go fast boats. I wonder how many speeding tickets were given out last weekend??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
OCDACTIVE

according to the union leader. I think Skip posted the link. Zero were given. So much for the anticipated landslide crack down.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
DoTheMath

I heard, saw and passed many performance boats out and about this past weekend, and they were doing a fine job of enjoying their craft in a safe and responsible manner!

As PM said - just like days-of-old, with all the Lakers that used to cruise the big pond, it made me smile to see that our modern day decendants have carried on the tradition!

Nothing like the Memorial Day kick off weekend! And a big thanks to all our troops - past and present - for doing what you do!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:57 AM   #8
livefreeordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
I was out... Nothing is keeping me from enjoy my new toy to the Fullest!!!
Same here im not going to let this stop me from enjoying the wide open brods. It felt good to get out there and see no boats in sight and double the limit lol.... Im sure if your not stupid about the places you open her up you will never get a ticket.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #9
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
Same here im not going to let this stop me from enjoying the wide open brods. It felt good to get out there and see no boats in sight and double the limit lol.... Im sure if your not stupid about the places you open her up you will never get a ticket.
Agreed.. I almost doubled it as well....

Loving the new boat.. It is amazing to feel how much power is left even when cruising at 60 mph
Old 05-28-2009, 06:39 AM   #10
chipj29

So if I get a ticket for a 150' violation, that is going on my driving record? How will that be recorded as a driving violation? I mean, what will it be recorded as?
Being that the 150' law is very subjective, you can bet that if it goes on my driving record I will be fighting it in court. Please bring your calibrated tape measure that you used to measure the distance, officer!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:29 AM   #11
southerncomfort

some one told me that the mp are getting radar guns that do speed and also distance.some type of laser.can any one confirm this.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #12
fatlazyless

Ahoy...ahoy....paging XO Lieutenant Commander Skip.....we need a definitive answer to this compound & complex motor boat & automobile driving violation administration application question backed up with a complete legal history of how this wacky law got here!

I can call it wacky, now that it's been passed into law. Like, who cares? Me-thinks basically, that a Republican state legislature would quickly let it die in January 2011 just to show everyone who's in charge, again. After being the legislative 'big dog' for 150 years, it probably no fun being the little doggie.........woof!

Hey, for all I know, the Boston Whaler could have been stopped for having the wrong color sticker?

Last edited by fatlazyless; 05-28-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #13
VtSteve

If the insurance lobby was involved in any way, shape or form, wow. Make no mistake, I'm just providing information for a discussion, and I'm not promoting anything here.

Their lobby initially tried to get the BAC level to .04, then they tried .05. They settled on an agreed .08. I believe that this started some ten years ago, and a phase in period through 2007 was initiated. The enticement? Lose federal highway funds if you don't adopt the BAC level.

There's been no real statistical evidence showing that the law itself has done anything. In states where enforcement and getting the word out is strong, the results have been positive. Not because of the adopted BAC level itself, but the fear of arrest. Many, many years of evidence clearly show that most fatal accidents involving alcohol on the highways involve BAC levels far exceeding the .08 level. Once you take the offenders with levels above 2.0 out of the equation, the numbers drop pretty dramatically. At 1.5 and above, a vast majority drop off the charts.

It's hard to determine a ten year history that shows .08 did anything. Many states didn't adopt that level until 2006/2007, which is the timeframe they had to comply with the federal mandate, and then they could recover their lost 2% funding for each year it was held back. The real kicker is in the statistics themselves. Most data was complied with several major assumptions. Most states concluded for years that if a single car accident occurred between 7 PM and 5AM on a Friday or Saturday, it was alcohol-related. Other such statistics can be misleading as well.

For instance, assume two cars are heading into an intersection with traffic lights. Car A is going 36 mph in a 35 mph zone, and has the green light. Further assume that car B, is traveling 32 mph and has a red light. Car B runs the red light, T Boning car A. In many jurisdictions, this is a speed-related accident.

Let's say you've worked 65 hours this week and you're tired. you had a couple of beers with dinner and are heading home. You have no idea that your BAC level is .085. You are going 43 mph in a 40 mph zone on a straight, 2-lane road. A deer jumps out in front of you, you swerve to avoid the deer, you lose control of the car, hit a tree, and die as a result. This accident is recorded as alcohol-related, speed-related (probably). People reading about your demise in the paper are outraged about stupid drunks on the road, and are glad nobody else was killed by your actions.

One of the key issues in any widespread legislation is followup, and complete data. In looking at much of today's data, no reasonable conclusion can be made.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
cowisl

It was nice to see everyone out. Nothing like the Lake!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
livefreeordie

Quote:

Loving the new boat.. It is amazing to feel how much power is left even when cruising at 60 mph
I know I will miss rides in the boat we sold our friend it was a 36 nor-tech cat that had twin 850s hit 135mhp with the under water exhaust. the acceleration was insane. And you could have a conversation at 100. Nor-tech is def changing things with the new quiet exhaust systems.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
jmen24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
So if I get a ticket for a 150' violation, that is going on my driving record? How will that be recorded as a driving violation? I mean, what will it be recorded as?
Being that the 150' law is very subjective, you can bet that if it goes on my driving record I will be fighting it in court. Please bring your calibrated tape measure that you used to measure the distance, officer!
If I had to guess it will be considered a moving violation, and treated the same as if you hit the yellow line while traveling or rolling through a stop sign. Seems so rediculous to me and as you say, please bring the tape measure with you. Or you could as them in the court room to tell you the distance from front to back of the room, if they cannot do that off the cuff and at least be within 3-5 feet than that might prove to the judge that you should not be there.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
OCDACTIVE

I may get in trouble for this but it is a serious thought..... Due to the repetitiveness of the laws in effect, come 2011 if everything stays on the books shouldn't they remove the 150ft rule?

I boat up and down the east coast and surprisingly once on the ocean or major rivers there are no 150 ft law or limits. It is what is deemed safe and prudent. So running next to each other at 70 mph only 50 feet apart is very common and very safe because of the type of boat. (enough said on that)

So maybe they would consider taking that away.. Just a thought
Old 05-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #18
chipj29

Quote:
I may get in trouble for this but it is a serious thought..... Due to the repetitiveness of the laws in effect, come 2011 if everything stays on the books shouldn't they remove the 150ft rule?

I boat up and down the east coast and surprisingly once on the ocean or major rivers there are no 150 ft law or limits. It is what is deemed safe and prudent. So running next to each other at 70 mph only 50 feet apart is very common and very safe because of the type of boat. (enough said on that)

I highly doubt you will ever see that happen.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #19
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I highly doubt you will ever see that happen.
I agree. But just trying to make sense of everything. Cut back on the repetition
Old 05-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
VtSteve

Much the same way men have tried to convince themselves that six inches really is a foot, many boaters think that 50' really is about 150'

I'd hate to think what telling them the rule is now 50' would do.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default a couple of cents here

So here is the things as I read through this stream..... We have complaints of the speed law and complaints of the 150' law all while claiming to be safe boaters....

Now here is the things a safe boater obays the law weather they agree with it or not.

hence by reasoning if you flaunt and ignore a law you take your self out of the class of safe boaters....

All that being said, I fully trust that OCD even when speeding is a safe boater, and livefreeordie probably is too...but here is the thing don't go around saying your a safe boater and you follow the rules, and then follow up by saying you can go 60 and still have power....

A safe boater follows the rules even if they don't believe they are in the best interest of all.

I personally don't believe the overall speed limit is the way to go.... but you know what its law right now, if you want to change start working for the change by first obaying it, so that the politicians can see that speed limit or not it doesn't really change things.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #22
fatlazyless

If someone knows how to make this cruddy cold weather go back to last Thursday's 92, sunny & humid I'll pay to fill the tank on their performance boat ....... yuk!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 PM   #23
trfour

Quote:

Ya, the good'OL days since gone.... Talk about a "Jump Out Of The Water
Adrenaline Rush", here's a boat that I got to ride on, a triple 900 hp'rd 9.5' beamed, stage hulled 46' Cougar. After the firing of all three engines while negotiating out into open water, doo put your Hanns Devise on and pray!

With the 45mph limit, doubt we will ever see them here.
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html
Old 05-29-2009, 07:33 AM   #24
OCDACTIVE

WOW Gorgeous boat!!!! Would love to see a pic of the engines!
Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #25
trfour

Quote:
WOW Gorgeous boat!!!! Would love to see a pic of the engines!
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I had a hard drive crash, did some traveling and had to buy a new computer.

I lent the only picture I had to a buddy to dress up his office when he moved from the shop into sales when we worked together at Grappone Ford heavy Truck, down in Concord. It ended up missing.

I do have a picture of two 750 HP engines that look very simaler, excepting the 900 HP had two 1350 cfm doual feed hollies on a high rise
tunnle Ram intake manifold.
750's http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo....php?photo=461

Distant Thunder Getting Wet.

Short Throttle's Up, while heading for open water.
Attached Images

Always Remember, The Best Safety Device In The Boat, or on a PWC Snowmobile etc., Is YOU!

Safe sledding tips and much more; http://www.snowmobile.org/snowmobiling-safety.html

Last edited by trfour; 07-01-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-01-2009, 07:13 AM   #26
OCDACTIVE

Wow.. Great looking boat!!... I wished mine looked like that when heading to open water.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #27
trfour

Default Hey, you bring a great boat to Lake Winnipesaukee as well....

Quote:
Wow.. Great looking boat!!... I wished mine looked like that when heading to open water.

Getting to open water is a rush, although "Distant Thunder" was built to roam the oceans! I enjoyed the offshore boat races here on Lake Winnipesaukee while I lived here, and they lasted. I can't help but feel the rush that you feel by being able to enjoy your beautiful boat here as well.

I think that the new speed limit is very limiting, however the verdict will
be limiting as well.

Now to get back to where we left shore.

On only two engines, mind you and everyone. "Because of the deep V hull, the third outdrive was mounted lower on the transom, and when under full power the rooster tail was 75' tall behind this boat." Trust me.

"Boats Or What", ya got to love Em'
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #28
Pricestavern

Question Northport Power Station?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
Getting to open water is a rush, although "Distant Thunder" was built to roam the oceans! I enjoyed the offshore boat races here on Lake Winnipesaukee while I lived here, and they lasted. I can't help but feel the rush that you feel by being able to enjoy your beautiful boat here as well.

I think that the new speed limit is very limiting, however the verdict will
be limiting as well.

Now to get back to where we left shore.

On only two engines, mind you and everyone. "Because of the deep V hull, the third outdrive was mounted lower on the transom, and when under full power the rooster tail was 75' tall behind this boat." Trust me.

"Boats Or What", ya got to love Em'
TRFOUR - if I'm not mistaken, in the pictures, you are putting in at the Nortport Power Station ramp on Long Island, NY. How long does it take to run to Connecticut?

Last edited by Pricestavern; 07-14-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #29
trfour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricestavern View Post
TRFOUR - if I'm not mistaken, in the pictures, you are putting in at the Nortport Power Station ramp on Long Island, NY. How long does it take to run to Connecticut?
Pricestavern, that would be the place, you have a good eye!.... We were under full power, all three engines, for under 15 minutes. I'd say that we made the trip in about a half hour. Distant Thunder was a big boat, although with 2700 HP it would truck along pretty good. 105 in a four foot chop.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:20 AM   #30
HUH

Default Speed

Personaly I think speed is relative.. My boat did not come with a speedometer but id guess it goes 70 something.. We were out the other day heading across the broads.. Typical situation where the 4 big cruisers all headed across my bow from the west all failed to stand down.. upon looking to my stern I realized another 35+ footer was full bore up my stern.. IMHO I had no choice but to avoid this typical situation with liberal use of the throttle.. It all worked out well and I remembered to give them all the universal signal..
Old 07-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
Airwaves

Originally Posted by colt17
Quote:
is there a place to find out how many speeding tickets have been given todate?
Originally posted by VTSteve
Quote:
Given the issue, I would think that every local and state news organization would be keeping their ears and eyes peeled for just such an instance.
Not to contradict, but as I pointed out during the debate that must not be mentioned, Lake Winnipesaukee is just a blip on the overall news screen outside of the Lakes Region in NH, and isn't even a blip on the Boston media screen.

A speeding ticket does not news make! A forum like this is the place where that information is most likely to show up but only if someone wants to do the legwork and go over to Glendale on a regular basis and look.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #32
Bear Islander

I don't see where the number of tickets make any difference. If there are many, it will be said the limit was needed. If there are few (or none) it will be argued the limit is working.

This is the oppositions "Kobayashi Maru" scenario.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #33
livefreeordie

Quote:
Adrenaline Rush", here's a boat that I got to ride on, a triple 900 hp'rd 9.5' beamed, stage hulled 46' Cougar. After the firing of all three engines while negotiating out into open water, doo put your Hanns Devise on and pray!

I love the old cougar boats..... does that one still sit on the channel like it has for what seems to be all my life. mot once have I seen it in action
Old 05-29-2009, 12:02 PM   #34
Sman

Ocdactive, you are obviously a fast boat enthusiast, you should check out this link below if you have not yet

http://www.screamandfly.com/

I sold a boat there a few yrs back, people are always asking for and posting pictures of their rigs
Old 05-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #35
Lakegeezer

If you are thinking of safely going over 45, watch out for the MP. They have been hiding in unusual places around m'boro bay today, sitting still for longer periods than normal. Probably looking to make the news for writing that first speeding ticket.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
pm203

First of all, boating tickets were never tied to your driving record untill the supporters of HB 847 pushed for it. And, it is attached to speeding only, as far as I see it, because they saw to it. Secondly, a ticket for breaking the 150 foot rule is not going to show up on your insurance. And, even if it did, you would be foolish not to arbitrate it. Bottom line; obey the laws and go faster than 45 only when safe, prudent and not in plain view of the MP. Everything in moderation and you will be ok.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
ApS

Cool Winnipesaukee History—Maybe

That first ticket may already be part of Winnipesaukee history.

At 8:40 this morning, a NHMP inboard, traveling at flank speed, tailed a 21' white Donzi for a good mile. The two eventually stopped and drifted out of my sight, but the Donzi did end up being cornered in a cove by Pine Harbor Condos. ("Tuftonboro Bay" is a dead-end).

"The discussion" with the three aboard lasted at least 15 minutes.

(The NHMP inboards usually around here display numbers MP-7 and MP-11, and appear to have the NHMP's most-seasoned officers aboard).

Later, the Donzi left the area at about 1/3 his accustomed rapidity. (About equivalent to NHMP's flank velocity). Since then, it's been a relatively busy Saturday, with bright sun all day and variable winds from 0 to 15, but everybody seems to be behaving themselves—at least since 8:40 AM.

I gotta say, that's one really fast Donzi! (100-MPH? Danged impressive for a little boat). Maybe Woodsy has heard if history was made today.

(Or, to put it another way, will this ticket appear on eBay?)
Old 05-30-2009, 06:12 PM   #38
Tyler

Default No ticket

That was my boat you are referring to, no ticket was given, sorry to disappoint you.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:02 PM   #39
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
That first ticket may already be part of Winnipesaukee history.

At 8:40 this morning, a NHMP inboard, traveling at flank speed, tailed a 21' white Donzi for a good mile. The two eventually stopped and drifted out of my sight, but the Donzi did end up being cornered in a cove by Pine Harbor Condos. ("Tuftonboro Bay" is a dead-end).

"The discussion" with the three aboard lasted at least 15 minutes.

(The NHMP inboards usually around here display numbers MP-7 and MP-11, and appear to have the NHMP's most-seasoned officers aboard).

Later, the Donzi left the area at about 1/3 his accustomed rapidity. (About equivalent to NHMP's flank velocity). Since then, it's been a relatively busy Saturday, with bright sun all day and variable winds from 0 to 15, but everybody seems to be behaving themselves—at least since 8:40 AM.

I gotta say, that's one really fast Donzi! (100-MPH? Danged impressive for a little boat). Maybe Woodsy has heard if history was made today.

(Or, to put it another way, will this ticket appear on eBay?)
You must have been going pretty fast yourself to see all this..............
Old 06-01-2009, 06:57 AM   #40
chipj29

Quote:

Are you sure that is a boat? Because it looks like a rocket to me!
Darn nice looking boat though...would love to see that in action.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #41
VtSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
You must have been going pretty fast yourself to see all this..............
I'm glad I didn't see that this morning. Coffee's so much harder to get off the display than plain old water

APS, why all the drama? Flank Velocity? Indeed.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #42
Sunset Bob
Deceased Member

Default Speaking Of Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
I know I will miss rides in the boat we sold our friend it was a 36 nor-tech cat that had twin 850s hit 135mhp with the under water exhaust. the acceleration was insane. And you could have a conversation at 100. Nor-tech is def changing things with the new quiet exhaust systems.
Speaking of rides how about that ride from you owe me from last year?
I can do a photo shoot for you sometime this season.If my boat keeps running.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #43
livefreeordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Bob View Post
Speaking of rides how about that ride from you owe me from last year?
I can do a photo shoot for you sometime this season.If my boat keeps running.
PM me your number and when I get an other chance to take the big boat out I will call to see if your around.....
Old 05-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #44
ApS

Smile Most were, RG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
"...There have been healthy sounding speed boats on the lake since the 20's..."
And in the 20's, a dozen residences.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:25 PM   #45
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
And in the 20's, a dozen residences.
And people had an average life span of age 62..
Old 05-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #46
jrc

Sunday, while docked at Alton public docks, a MP gave me a nice reminder of the new law. Its color printed on heavy paper and lists the new limits and how to determine if it is night.

My wife laughed and told him my boat could not exceed the new day limit. He said, he could never be sure. I did pass this guy on the way to Alton at 30 mph and 500 feet.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #47
fatlazyless

...heard a horn blast....looked up....and saw one of the old MP boats w/ blue lights...stop a 17' Boston Whaler on Fri or Sat and do a papers inspect...probably stopped for the 150' rule...too close to the MP boat...so do violations like that go on your car driving record too?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 PM   #48
OCDACTIVE

from reading the law and other threads my impression is "yes" but I have not heard confirmation from anyone.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:28 PM   #49
pm203

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
...heard a horn blast....looked up....and saw one of the old MP boats w/ blue lights...stop a 17' Boston Whaler on Fri or Sat and do a papers inspect...probably stopped for the 150' rule...too close to the MP boat...so do violations like that go on your car driving record too?
I believe the answer is no. A speeding violation would, providing the appropriate states notify each other. They are supposed to, but alot of times this does not happen.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #50
Mee-n-Mac

Lightbulb Au Contraire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
I believe the answer is no. A speeding violation would, providing the appropriate states notify each other. They are supposed to, but alot of times this does not happen.
I believe HB 847 also enacted that any violation goes on your motor vehicle record.

From http://votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_d...4&can_id=43015

This bill establishes speed limitations for vessels traveling on Lake Winnipesaukee. This bill also requires that violations of the general rules for vessels operating on water become a part of the motor vehicle driving record of the person convicted. These provisions are repealed on January 1, 2011.

Note that the above does not single out speed limit violations. And why shouldn't it. If speeding is soooo dangerous it deserves extra punishment then why should violation of the Safe Passage Law (aka the 150' rule) deserve any less ?

A PDF file on HB 847 http://votesmart.org/billtext/17024.pdf
and Chapter 270-D:2 General Rules for Vessels Operating on Water http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...-D/270-D-2.htm
Old 06-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #51
ApS

Default Parsing: To break down into component parts of speech...

Quote:
"...Is there a particular reason you like to piecemail many different posts then bring them together to make points..."
1) I'm not sure what you mean, but some of us use "parsing" to keep unrelated, excessive, verbiage out.

2) If you meant controversy, it's what brings viewers (and advertisers) to forums in the first place. The word "controversy" even appeared in Tuesday's fishing-poles discussion!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...11&postcount=6

3) Don has put together a very sophisticated site for us: If this site doesn't load, it's only then that I check on one other (an even more sophisticated site) to check on blips within the Internet or server operability.

4) One example of this sophistication is a small box at the lower right corner of our posts here. You can click on several posts for your response, then click "quote" to answer all at once in a single post. (Just as I have done with today's response).

Most forums don't have this capability (including this country's largest forum), which has the advantage of keeping posters from "serial posts". (Answering one person in a single post, then another in the following post, then a third in the following post—and so on).

(You might know those posters by a much-less-than-complimentary term that can't be mentioned at family-friendly sites).

Although you have been extended a honeymoon-moratorium on a recent restriction—a maximum of five-posts-per-day here—"parsing" allows more information using fewer posts.

Quote:
"...Oftentimes I get so lost in the logic I get a brain cramp..."
...and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
"...I'll bet you have absolutely no idea how many acres per second your boat occupies on the lake at any given rate of speed do ya...?"
Hopefully, OCD can work out the Logic and does know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineedles View Post
"...Not only would the ticketee need to be in court but also the ticketor..."
Isn't this a bit premature? NOBODY (that we know of) has shown us a 2009 citation yet and we don't know what is written on it yet.

Quote:
"...That will mean either alot of dismissed cases or the MP will be off the lake fairly often..."
Officers' appearances are scheduled to combine different court appearances by the officer during the same workday. Depending on the officer's activities, that day could include an array of a citations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
If that is the case Woodsy, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get the case INTO court! A month, 6 months, a year???
I think you're thinking of your civil court experiences where delays are the general rule. You might consider a "hardship" delay for traffic court—especially if from out of state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
"...OCD, didn't you know that APS was a member of the Warren Commission...?"
You have no idea just how close you were with that.

Shoot a PM to member Skip.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #52
fatlazyless

Default ....hey holycowabunga!

Golly gee willikers....using my eye and my thumb as a speed guage, I just clocked a big green, blue and white go-fast, green & blue vinyl graphics on a white hull, maybe 32'er w/ some good loud exhausts, speed thru the Buoy 3 narrows at 56.4-mph. Excuse me while I go jump into my kayak and go make a citizen's arrest here.

Anyone seen the new speed limit, rules sign which has been placed at local boat launches like the Meredith town docks? NIce job to someone in Concord who crafted the sign at the DOT sign shop. It is short on words, and long on easy-to-understand pictures, which does a good job to quickly explain this new law to boaters.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #53
Nadia

Wink Too Funny...

I'm not sure about anyone else, but APS & FLL crack me up. You two are hysterical. I too have attempted the art of "parsing" and failed miserably. APS's use of different sized fonts, different colors, excerpts and quotes paint a very clear picture of what he is saying. Call me sick in the head, but I find it hilarious. Even when it's something I don't agree with I have to laugh. And I am laughing not AT you APS. Please don't take offense. Now the thought of FLL running out his door, diving into the water, struggling into his kayak and chasing a boat full of tourists screaming "citizens arrest" has me laughing out loud, very loud (LOLVL). My husband has asked me "what's so funny" five or six times now. Thank you for the free entertainment.

OCD...would you happen to know how big of a foot print your boat makes on the lake, in comparison to a sea kayak?

On a more serious note...we have a police officer in the "family-in-law". He has confirmed that Police Officers are paid time and a half for their appearance in Court. Not sure if it's the same for MP Officers. SKIP TO THE FRONT DESK PLEASE!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #54
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Golly gee willikers....using my eye and my thumb as a speed guage, I just clocked a big green, blue and white go-fast, green & blue vinyl graphics on a white hull, maybe 32'er w/ some good loud exhausts, speed thru the Buoy 3 narrows at 56.4-mph. Excuse me while I go jump into my kayak and go make a citizen's arrest here.

Anyone seen the new speed limit, rules sign which has been placed at local boat launches like the Meredith town docks? NIce job to someone in Concord who crafted the sign at the DOT sign shop. It is short on words, and long on easy-to-understand pictures, which does a good job to quickly explain this new law to boaters.
I think it looked differently from this angle

I did see a kayaker paddling as if their arms were going to fall off.. Was that you?
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2009, 11:40 PM   #55
partsman

I can tell by the wake that you are doing 44.2 mph in this picture
Old 06-18-2009, 05:32 AM   #56
ApS

Cool Yup...

And not facing forward...
Old 06-18-2009, 07:29 AM   #57
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
And not facing forward...

Look closely at the picture.. It wasn't taken from the captains chair.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #58
VtSteve

Quote:

Hey, even though his quick knock was inaccurate, as usual, at least he didn't add another barb towards GPS
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #59
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Hey, even though his quick knock was inaccurate, as usual, at least he didn't add another barb towards GPS
Haven't installed or purchased a GPS yet.... Due to those postings I am afraid of heading to Alton and end up on Point Sabago and get ridiculed.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM   #60
colt17

Default tickets

Old 06-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #61
Seaplane Pilot

Default Look in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt17 View Post
Sorry - couldn't resist
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #62
OCDACTIVE

Quote:

Not that I know of... That would mean that actual data is available. Something that proponents have tried to keep out of public knowledge.

By the way the toilet picture made me LMAO!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #63
VtSteve

Quote:
Given the issue, I would think that every local and state news organization would be keeping their ears and eyes peeled for just such an instance. The Marine Patrol isn't expecting to issue many tickets, and I think they'll be issued as needed when other actions come into play. ie: perhaps reckless, too close, whatever. They don't seem particularly concerned or bothered by boats that may be doing 60 or so. Most don't do it for long.

Merrill Fay stated last year that people had already slowed down, and he noted an increase in activity with more people on the lake. He also said it quieted the lake down, and apparently the law was working and all was well. BTW, the law went into effect January 1st this year, after everything was ok.

My guess is the MP would want the first few tickets issued to Gross offenders that were also doing something else wrong that everybody disagreed with. I'm quite positive they'll have a couple of those to issue if history is any guide.

Last edited by VtSteve; 06-18-2009 at 11:04 AM. Reason: not yet a good quoter ;)
Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #64
hazelnut

Quote:
But OCD those are facts Don't clog it up with facts.... It plays much better if APS can say you were driving and taking the picture at the same time. Oh wait I just smelled the picture.... yup... I smell beer. You reckless crazy man! And I can tell from the picture that you have a toddler on the bow of the boat.... Not that I can see it I just..."sense" it.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #65
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
But OCD those are facts Don't clog it up with facts.... It plays much better if APS can say you were driving and taking the picture at the same time. Oh wait I just smelled the picture.... yup... I smell beer. You reckless crazy man! And I can tell from the picture that you have a toddler on the bow of the boat.... Not that I can see it I just..."sense" it.

Damn.. You must have been the kayaker who saw me and tried to make a citizens arrest

I was trying to take apart multiple posts you have made in the past years to prove a point but I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Anyway, leaving shortly for the lake. I was going to put the boat in today but may wait until tomorrow or maybe not at all... Weather is not looking good.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #66
ApS

Default Maybe...maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmc
"...As far as Fay saying the lake is quieter? Its the weather..."
At noon yesterday, I counted 28 sailboats between Welch Island and Alton on The Broads. At that same moment, there were fewer powerboats!

Quote:
Here?

Unless present, how can one make that assertion?

The "driver" could have temporarily left his navigational duties and taken the picture at arm's length: That would account for the extreme tilt to the horizon. (Or a terrified passenger—maybe).
Old 07-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #67
onlywinni

1. Hello everyone..just found this forum..

Re. The 150 Rule...I have been boating on the lake for about 10 years and it amazes me everyday how many people dont know or refuse to obey the 150 rule. Of course I have to admit judging 150 is not that easy..it is much farther than most people think. Also on the weekends it can be tough to cruise and be that far away all the time. However passing me within 50 feet because I am obeying the rule annoys the hell out of me. The MPs were out enforcing this rule hardcore this weekend I can say. Some guy in a 18 foot bayliner or something blows by us and 3 other boats in Alton Bay Sunday and the MP is sitting right in the channel-where you have to obey the rule or he has you. This guy broke the 150 on 4 boats and also the MP

Re. Speeding. Has anyone been given a ticket? I was out all weekend and only exceeded the limit once and there was no one around and I was in the broads. I wonder if they will let that stuff go and only look for people doing something stupid like in a crowded bay or channel?

Lastly...my wife and I saw this Ridiculous Streamlined Boat in Alton Bay on Sunday...It must have been 42+ it was all white with a sloped/curved rear and looked SICK...anyone see that before?
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 AM   #68
BroadHopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
Re. Speeding. Has anyone been given a ticket? I was out all weekend and only exceeded the limit once and there was no one around and I was in the broads. I wonder if they will let that stuff go and only look for people doing something stupid like in a crowded bay or channel?
The speed limit law is arbitrary. Not absolute. It also has a reasonable and prudent clause. The MP can stop you at any speed that is not reasonable and prudent. If you were in the Broads and no one is around. I don't think the MP will have probably cause to ticket you if you are over the speed limit.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #69
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
The speed limit law is arbitrary. Not absolute. It also has a reasonable and prudent clause. The MP can stop you at any speed that is not reasonable and prudent. If you were in the Broads and no one is around. I don't think the MP will have probably cause to ticket you if you are over the speed limit.
Thanks for the info....Do they even have radar guns?

ps...Love your Sig and could not agree more
Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 AM   #70
Phantom

Quote:
Thanks for the info....Do they even have radar guns?
onlywinni -- it doesn't appear that anyone answered your question -

Yes, the MP most definately have radar guns. I was docked one afternoon in Center Harbor and "chatted it up" with a MP officer docked there early this season. He was very congenial and even showed me the radar unit he was issued. It is about the size of a mid sized pair of binoculars (6"w x 3"h x 8"d approx) it has a monocle sighting window and display's speed & range (distance) and is completely portable i.e no wires. The interesting aspect was range as he indicated to me that he uses it to tell if two boats are 150' apart by simply "targeting" each and taking the difference in range.

Therefore, if you see a MP boat just floating/ idling (as I have seen numerous times since) and the officer has what you think are Binoculars up to his face --- SMILE, your on radar!!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #71
onlywinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Yes, the MP most definately have radar guns. I was docked one afternoon in Center Harbor and "chatted it up" with a MP officer docked there early this season. He was very congenial and even showed me the radar unit he was issued. It is about the size of a mid sized pair of binoculars (6"w x 3"h x 8"d approx) it has a monocle sighting window and display's speed & range (distance) and is completely portable i.e no wires. The interesting aspect was range as he indicated to me that he uses it to tell if two boats are 150' apart by simply "targeting" each and taking the difference in range.

Therefore, if you see a MP boat just floating/ idling (as I have seen numerous times since) and the officer has what you think are Binoculars up to his face --- SMILE, your on radar!!

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I will have to mind my speed or at least get a radar detector for the boat
Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #72
jrc

Quote:
... The interesting aspect was range as he indicated to me that he uses it to tell if two boats are 150' apart by simply "targeting" each and taking the difference in range...
I hope he tries that one in court someday, two boats could a mile apart and still only be a few feet different in range.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:39 AM   #73
Skip

Exclamation LIDAR capabilities and limitations....

Hi jrc,

You are correct, the LIDAR handheld unit being discussed here gives the operator relative opening or closing speed between the gun and the target be measured, and actual distance between the gun and the target at time of measurement. While you could theoretically point the gun at two separate targets on the water the gun will only give you the distance between itself and each target, it does not and cannot measure the distance apart of two separate targets.

The NHMP officer can indeed use the gun to cite you for a 150 foot offense, only if that offense occured between the the gun (NHMP unit) and you. It is not capable of doing the same for two opposing targets in the field.

Skip
Old 07-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #74
Pineedles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Hi jrc,

You are correct, the LIDAR handheld unit being discussed here gives the operator relative opening or closing speed between the gun and the target be measured, and actual distance between the gun and the target at time of measurement. While you could theoretically point the gun at two separate targets on the water the gun will only give you the distance between itself and each target, it does not and cannot measure the distance apart of two separate targets.

The NHMP officer can indeed use the gun to cite you for a 150 foot offense, only if that offense occured between the the gun (NHMP unit) and you. It is not capable of doing the same for two opposing targets in the field.

Skip
I'm no math major but I seem to remember a formula to find the length of the last side of a triangle if you know the 2 lengths of the triangle and the angle of the 2 known sides. If I am right, then the LIDAR could conceptually figure out the distance between the 2 boats that are being shot by the gun. Anyone know?
Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #75
Skip

Quote:
I'm no math major but I seem to remember a formula to find the length of the last side of a triangle if you know the 2 lengths of the triangle and the angle of the 2 known sides. If I am right, then the LIDAR could conceptually figure out the distance between the 2 boats that are being shot by the gun. Anyone know?
Theoretically? Yes

Realistically? No

The unit being used to measure relative speed/distance is a portable handheld device. The crucial element necessary in the formula you offered, to be admissable in evidence in court, would require an extremely accurate way to measure the precise angle between the two vesssels being read in order to interpret their correct separation. Since this particular LIDAR unit has no way of determinig that angle the formua would have to rely on the best guess of the officer, hardly admissable in court.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:39 AM   #76
jrc

As Pineneedles and Skip said measuring distance between boats with radar or lidar is possible. But a MP can't just invent a technique and have it stand up in court. It has to accurate and repeatable.

Even a cheap marine radar unit will show distance between boats. So if the MP really wanted to, they could probably find a calbrated radar unit and use that. But of course just being less than a 150' away is not a violation. You also need to be going faster than headway speed.

Sounds like a good product to build, I wonder how many I could sell...
Old 07-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #77
VtSteve

Default A weak moment

and I do apologize for the tone of the Kayak comment. (sure brought some people out of dark places) It was meant to be something that just didn't make it to fruition. but I should know better, and will choose my words more carefully in the future.

As for someone thinking this forum is inundated with Performance Boaters? I certainly don't own one, although I have kicked the tires (hulls) of some in the past. I don't think many do on this entire forum, perhaps a dozen or more? At any rate, most of them seem as nice as everyone else here.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #78
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow Lidar not radar

Quote:

As others have said that was a Lidar gun not a radar gun. Radar units don't measure distance, only speed (along the line of sight). As for measuring distance for a 150' violation, all 3 boats, the NHMP boat and the suspected violators would have to be in a line (or very nearly so) for that to have any accuracy.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:39 AM   #79
Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
As others have said that was a Lidar gun not a radar gun. Radar units don't measure distance, only speed (along the line of sight). As for measuring distance for a 150' violation, all 3 boats, the NHMP boat and the suspected violators would have to be in a line (or very nearly so) for that to have any accuracy.
Don't shoot the "messenger" ....... I was only informing inwinni that there is indeed radar (or as I have been corrected LIDAR- all the same to the common folk) being used and relaying my little chat with a hospitiple MP officer
Old 07-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #80
cowisl

Quote:
1. Hello everyone..just found this forum..

Re. The 150 Rule...I have been boating on the lake for about 10 years and it amazes me everyday how many people dont know or refuse to obey the 150 rule. Of course I have to admit judging 150 is not that easy..it is much farther than most people think. Also on the weekends it can be tough to cruise and be that far away all the time. However passing me within 50 feet because I am obeying the rule annoys the hell out of me. The MPs were out enforcing this rule hardcore this weekend I can say. Some guy in a 18 foot bayliner or something blows by us and 3 other boats in Alton Bay Sunday and the MP is sitting right in the channel-where you have to obey the rule or he has you. This guy broke the 150 on 4 boats and also the MP

Lastly...my wife and I saw this Ridiculous Streamlined Boat in Alton Bay on Sunday...It must have been 42+ it was all white with a sloped/curved rear and looked SICK...anyone see that before?

New 52 Outerlimits SL
Old 07-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #81
Mee-n-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowisl View Post
New 52 Outerlimits SL
I got an admittedly bad picture of it heading up Alton Bay on Sunday. Alas it's in the camera which is in the camp.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #82
Mee-n-Mac

Arrow And here it is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mee-n-Mac View Post
I got an admittedly bad picture of it heading up Alton Bay on Sunday. Alas it's in the camera which is in the camp.
FWIW ....

Just got on plane as it headed past Sandy Pt.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2009, 07:47 PM   #83
overlook

She will be back this weekend and the rest of the season, just needed some AC work and finishes.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #84
OCDACTIVE

That is one gorgeous boat!!!!!! Would like to see her in person running the lake.... I have been sent dock side for the rest of the season .. engine problems....

Having a full rebuild and perhaps even a new paint job!!!!!

See you out there next year.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #85
VtSteve

Oh No One of the many reasons I haven't been involved in that hobby, too rich for my cheapskate blood. One of the few boats I saw that would allow for a sane single-engine setup was the Baja 278 Performance. All I wanted was a decent sized cabin, and a dependable engine/drive combo. No blowers, no Mercury racing engines, no $20k refreshes About the only livable one I've seen was a Formula I couldn't afford, and a Chap 275 with a big block I didn't act fast enough on. If I can do 40 to 50mph in big waves and not break a rib, I'm pretty much entertained

One thing many newcomers might not realize. My history on Winni dates back to circa 1963 or 1964. There was a reason that many boaters started buying the bigger Cigs and Scarabs and Formulas. Cruiser wakes.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #86
OCDACTIVE

Yup... took me totally off guard.. Blew most everything on the boat then ran into this.. Looks like a total rebuild and thank heavens I have awesome friends that can do it for a lot less then if I brought it to a shop and said "fix it"... Only downside is I have to bring her to Virginia to have it done...... However another nice side is it will get stored down there and their weather is much less harsh then ours. So the temp won't drop as low. If you winterize correctly it shouldn't be a problem but I still like the idea of a much less minimum temp over the winter.

You make a good point on the cruiser wakes.. Another item most people do not realize, just because they don't have the experience, is these performance boats handle waves, wakes, chop etc very differently then the normal runabouts you see on the lake. My boat (which is catagorized as a very small GFB) can cruise very comfortably at 50 - 55mph and it feels like you are going 30. Do to its very deep V it cuts wakes as if they werent there. Many other boats would be totally out of control where in my situation you can put a coke on the dash and it wouldn't even move...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #87
colt17

Default White 53

I have seen that boat the last two weekends once at braun bay and last weekend pulling into the NASWA. What kind of boat is it? Looks like a Ferrari on water lol
Old 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #88
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
I have seen that boat the last two weekends once at braun bay and last weekend pulling into the NASWA. What kind of boat is it? Looks like a Ferrari on water lol
Hard to guess by the photo.. My initial thought based on the cockpit lines is a Outerlimits. It doesn't have the rear side scoops that would lead me to believe it to be a Nortech. Again hard to determine. Two things for certain: Staggered Engines for one and two: that is one Bad A$$ boat!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:01 PM   #89
BroadHopper

Default Best time to buy a used Deep V

Quote:
Oh No One of the many reasons I haven't been involved in that hobby, too rich for my cheapskate blood. One of the few boats I saw that would allow for a sane single-engine setup was the Baja 278 Performance. All I wanted was a decent sized cabin, and a dependable engine/drive combo. No blowers, no Mercury racing engines, no $20k refreshes About the only livable one I've seen was a Formula I couldn't afford, and a Chap 275 with a big block I didn't act fast enough on. If I can do 40 to 50mph in big waves and not break a rib, I'm pretty much entertained

One thing many newcomers might not realize. My history on Winni dates back to circa 1963 or 1964. There was a reason that many boaters started buying the bigger Cigs and Scarabs and Formulas. Cruiser wakes.
I picked up an '88 F-223 LS with 454 Magnum on EBay last year for $4000. Lately I have seen boats on Craigslist from marinas that are 'giving' away boats for the price of the storage fees owed. If you want your dream boat I would start looking at thes two sites.

Check out this site. It will make it a bit easier searching for your boat.

http://www.jaxed.com/
Old 08-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #90
VtSteve

I've actually thought about some of the older boats as deals, but I lack any real mechanical knowledge to deal with broken

Plus, as anyone that currently owns a fairly new boat knows, it's almost impossible to get rid of what you have.

BTW, what the heck is that site you linked?
Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #91
overlook

Actually it is an Outerlimits 52 SV MONO hull, with programable Chief 605 blocks and Merc. VI drives.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #92
BroadHopper

Quote:
I've actually thought about some of the older boats as deals, but I lack any real mechanical knowledge to deal with broken

Plus, as anyone that currently owns a fairly new boat knows, it's almost impossible to get rid of what you have.

BTW, what the heck is that site you linked?
Correct linx to the boat search engine:
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpboat

Sorry.

I have an excellent mechanic that will survey the boat for me. I have a clause in the bill of sale, that the sale is subject to a successful survey before final payment. Which is negotiated.

Yes it is almost impossible, yet I had the old boat on Craigslist sold within 7 days to a guy on the Cape. The boat was a classic 'Liberator'.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #93
fatlazyless

...file this one under the...."when do we get there" file....look'n thru my binoculars....there goes a 17' aluminum canoe, like an olde Grumman...with two on board....paddl'n down past south Bear and Dolly Island and either around or onto Mark Island....time will tell....somethin you basically never see....a canoe....hope that canoe knows about the 45-mph speed limit....paddle-paddle-paddle
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #94
Tyler

Just ignore the turtle VTsteve, he is just trolling for an argument. About all he is capable of doing, non value added as usual.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #95
Excalibur

Location: Gilford,NH is where I would like to be and Southborough, MA is where I have to be
Default from the web

How do laser (LIDAR) detectors work?
Laser Beam

Laser speed detection is actually LIDAR (Light Detection and Ranging). LIDAR guns project a beam of invisible infrared light. The signal is a series of very short infrared light energy pulses, which move, in a straight line, reflecting off your car and returning to the gun. LIDAR uses these light pulses to measure the distance to a vehicle. Speed is then calculated by measuring how quickly these pulses are reflected given the known speed of light.

LIDAR (or laser) is a newer technology and is not as widespread as conventional radar, therefore, you may not encounter laser on a daily basis. And unlike radar detection, laser detection is not prone to false alarms. Because LIDAR transmits a much narrower beam than does radar, it is much more accurate in its ability to distinguish between targets and is also more difficult to detect. AS A RESULT, EVEN THE BRIEFEST LASER ALERT SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

There are limitations to LIDAR equipment. LIDAR is much more sensitive to weather conditions than RADAR, and a LIDAR gun's range will be decreased by anything affecting visibility such as rain, fog, or smoke. A LIDAR gun cannot operate through glass and it must be stationary in order to get an accurate reading. Because LIDAR must have a clear line of sight and is subject to some cosine error (an inaccuracy, which increases as the angle between the gun and the vehicle, increases) police typically use LIDAR equipment parallel to the road or from an overpass. LIDAR can be used day or night.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #96
OCDACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsman View Post
I can tell by the wake that you are doing 44.2 mph in this picture
Great work.. I believe it was exactly 44.2 give or take 25 mph..
Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #97
elchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
I heard, saw and passed many performance boats out and about this past weekend, and they were doing a fine job of enjoying their craft in a safe and responsible manner!
But I thought that the SL had banished those "certain types of boats" from the lake? How is the economy being destroyed if the performance boaters are still coming? Where's the predicted armageddon? Sounds like the SL has indeed made the lake enjoyable for all.

Quote:
I almost doubled it (the SL) as well.
Quote:
I believe it (my speed) was exactly 44.2 give or take 25 mph.
This is the "Safe Boaters'" mascot? No wonder the SL passed so easily. What a joke.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #98
BroadHopper

Unhappy What SL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
But I thought that the SL had banished those "certain types of boats" from the lake? How is the economy being destroyed if the performance boaters are still coming? Where's the predicted armageddon? Sounds like the SL has indeed made the lake enjoyable for all.
Actually, The Democrats are destroying the economy. The property tax will be so high, the common folks will be driven off the lake. Soon the Fat Cats and the Arab oil sheiks will take over the lake. With their 50 foot high performance cruisers, even the MP will be afraid to pull them over.

When that moment comes, the lake will only be a memory.

As the old saying goes. 'Be careful what you wish for'.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #99
lawn psycho

Quote:

This is the "Safe Boaters'" mascot? No wonder the SL passed so easily. What a joke.
EL, did you ever think that just maybe this is someone thumbing their chin?

You can photograph and complain about boaters speeding and rafting. I still recall your diatribes about rafters in braun bay The boaters can photograph and complain about the 'illegal' and 'lake ruining' activities by those who own shore front homes. Equilibrium is a wonderful thing.

Smile for the camera
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #100
Rattlesnake Gal

Thanked 1,349 Times in 475 Posts
Arrow Old Quotes

Old 05-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Great work.. I believe it was exactly 44.2 give or take 25 mph..
Quote:
elchase, both of those quotes are rather stale. Maybe next time you can include the dates too?

Now that OCDACTIVE is the President of Safe Boaters of New Hampshire, I wouldn't think he would be bragging publicly about breaking the law.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rattlesnake Gal For This Useful Post:
LIforrelaxin (06-09-2010)