Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Outdoor Recreation
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
Mink Islander

Default Dive Dive Dive

Just picked up a pair of Zeagle Ranger Jrs. for my twins. Took Zeagle over a month due to demand. If you're looking to get your kids into diving, this is the BCD to get. Virtual exact replica of the Ranger, just smaller. Built to last. Highly adjustable, 24 lbs of lift. Should last quite a few years. The folks at my local dive shop (South Shore Divers in Weymouth, MA) couldn't resist pulling them out of the box and trying them on! Actually fit a number of the more diminutive staff and now they're thinking of stocking one not just for kids but for small ladies as well.

Now my wife and I will have a couple of mini-me's to cruise over the lady of the lake with.

Certification training starts Aug 3 with Dive Winnipesaukee!! How many ten year olds do you know that can explain Boyle's Law??

Vacation starts today!
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:16 PM   #2
Senter Cove Guy

Default Dive Equipment

I love the Zeagle Ranger I bought earlier this summer. But what I love even more is the one-piece X-Flex 7mm wetsuit I also bought. It is the most comfortable wetsuit I've ever worn. I'm still experimenting with hanging regs, dive computer, etc on the Ranger. I was never successful in getting any of my kids into diving. I'm sure you will enjoy their diving company. Good luck.
Senter Cove Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #3
Wolfeboro Matt

Default translation?

What does BCD stand for (besides wetsuit?)
Wolfeboro Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:43 AM   #4
Senter Cove Guy

Default BC vs. BCD

Buoyancy Compensator (BC) and Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) are synonymous for the same piece of SCUBA (Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus) diving equipment. A wetsuit is another piece of diving equipment.

If you are interested in getting into diving, go see the friendly folks at Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro.

Go blow some bubbles.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:58 AM   #5
SIKSUKR

I saw a nice piece on Dive Winnipesaukee on the Divers Down tv show last week on NESN.Great job! SS
Old 08-03-2004, 12:45 PM   #6
Grant

Default Divers Down TV

I've always wanted to see that episode of Divers Down -- but we don't get NESN down here and it's not carried anywhere else on our cable system. Ie-mailed the producer once regarding videotapes because I wanted that episode with the Lady of the Lake Dive as well as the episode they filmed at our local "lake" down here (Dutch Springs), and he wrote back quickly, saying that they could put both on one tape if I wanted. Great show -- wish it was more widely available. Seems like a natural show for OLN!!!
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 02:04 PM   #7
SIKSUKR

I actually thought about Winnipesaukee Diver and you,Grant while watching the program,wondering if either one was in the show. P.S. I didn't see any rockfish on camara either!!Sorry. SS
Old 08-03-2004, 06:14 PM   #8
Senter Cove Guy

Default No Rock Bass On The "Lady"

I dove the "Lady" earlier this summer and no Rock Bass were present, much to my surprise, because they were certainly there last year. Maybe someone fished them all out!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:27 AM   #9
Mink Islander

Default Rockfish

I took some pix last week at the Lady of the Lake of the school of fish there. I'll make sure the kids use up the rest of the roll this weekend and will get them developed and posted. The water's pretty turbid still and those disposable waterproof cameras aren't great, but I thought I got a few reasonably close side shots of the fish. Definitely not smallies. Could be perch, I suppose, but if so, they look very different from the large school I've seen around the docks at Shep Browns. Bigger, darker color, red eyes.
Mink Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 10:19 AM   #10
SIKSUKR

Rockfish!!!! Ss
Old 08-11-2004, 10:50 AM   #11
jrc

Default I've caught several

from the Gilford town docks. As far as I can tell there is no other sunfish with red eyes. These were about 8-10 inches long, obvious red eyes, otherwise shaped like a bluegill. Easy to catch, they were hiding under the docks.
jrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 AM   #12
Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc
from the Gilford town docks. As far as I can tell there is no other sunfish with red eyes. These were about 8-10 inches long, obvious red eyes, otherwise shaped like a bluegill. Easy to catch, they were hiding under the docks.
The school on the Lady of the Lake is rock bass. Been there for a number of years now. Very approachable, so you can get a real good look at their distinctive red eyes and green color. Love to see your pics.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote