Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
4 for Boating

Default Local Builders?

Hello All,

We are starting to look at the idea of building a new home in the lakes region on an existing lot we own.

Does anyone have any experience with a local builder/firm that specializes in Adirondack and/or timber frame custom homes?

• Someone that has either an architect on staff or uses one regularly as the lot is odd shaped and we want someone to take our wish list and create a vision on paper of what can/cannot be done before a shovel hits the dirt.

• Someone interested in what I suppose today might be consider a small home in this region >> 2,500 sq/ft range as opposed to 4,000 to 5,000

• Someone that has a portfolio of homes in the lakes region so we can get an idea of past projects and/or idea’s

We did some digging and most everyone looks good on a web site so just looking for any direct experiences before we venture off and start placing calls…

Thanks!
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Start here

http://www.fentonvarney.com/

He is a good start, but don't hold me to him.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
phoenix

Skiffington Homes. Joe has built hundreds of homes in lake region over last twenty years
Old 02-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
whfh99

Yes, I second Joe Skiffington at www.skiffingtonhomes.com. I have personally met Joe and known him for over ten years and he constantly does quality craftsmanship. Feel free to mention my name if you contact him.

Link Moser
whfh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
winnipiseogee

Dan Dube at Bella Woods Builders 677-2017. We can't say enough good things about Dan. He was built us 2 homes (one of which won the NH Magazine home of the year). What I really like about Dan is that he builds beautiful homes while always remembering its my money he is spending. Its hard to find a builder that can both build well AND stay on budget!! PM me if you want more details or links to the photo portfolios for the homes he built us.
winnipiseogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #6
tis

Thanked 1,379 Times in 955 Posts

I think there is another thread which discusses timber frame builders.
tis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #7
Coach12

Default Local builders

All the names given thus far are quality builders. You may also consider Cormack Construction of Madison.

When you begin your search for a stone mason, please consider my company Rustic Stone & Garden (www.rusticstoneandgarden.com) for all you masonry needs from fireplaces and veneers to walls and patios.

Best of luck!!! Enjoy the process.
Coach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #8
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whfh99 View Post
Yes, I second Joe Skiffington at www.skiffingtonhomes.com. I have personally met Joe and known him for over ten years and he constantly does quality craftsmanship.
This article about Skiffington Homes was posted in our blog:

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/blog.php?b=260
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
ishoot308

Thanked 4,938 Times in 1,914 Posts
Default Beckwith

Beckwith Builder out of Wolfeboro has worked with someone I know with good results. http://www.beckwithbuilders.com/

Good luck!

Dan
ishoot308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
Merrymeeting

We just finished building our retirement home on our lot on Merrymeeting. VERY pleased with our contractor. A build/design group, Northstar Contractors, http://northstarnh.com/gallery.htm

They have done timber frame as you can see in the gallery. PM me if you want any more information.
Merrymeeting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
4 for Boating

Default Leads

Thanks so much for the leads and links.

Of course I will have to keep my wife off of some of these web sites, as some of these homes are incredible and not exactly the size I was thinking of. (Joke)

I think I will start to place some calls to the above potentials to get to the next step of finding the right firm to work with.

Thanks again!
4 for Boating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
Loony Singer

Default Skiffington worth a good look...

Joe built our lake home a dozen years back. Did a nice job, especially with the finish work. Though Joe builds some real monsters these days, our house is in the size range you're looking for. Over the past years, he's built everything from small chalets in Suissevale and normal-sized "off the lake" homes up to the big ones. I would guess that his willingness to build something in the 2500 sq. ft. Range will depend on how busy he is.
Loony Singer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
Custom Homes For You

We are a high end builder who would love the opportunity to sit down with you and explore the many possibilities of building your dream home. We have not only built our company around building great homes but also have built our company culture around providing exceptional customer service and always going above and beyond our client’s expectation. We have built homes for Skiffington Homes as well to give you an idea of what kind of homes we can build. We have also been able to hired some of the lakes regions most talented carpenters to build your dream home. We also have many extra perks to hiring our company. Please contact us to set up a meeting so we can discuss all the possibilities you get when hiring us as your builder.
We also use a local architect firm here in the lakes region and there name is Misiaszek Turpin PLLC and the lady we work with is Sonya Misiaszek.
I look forward to hearing from you! Have a great night!
Sincerely,
Tim Doucette
603-524-3235
Custom Homes For You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #14
mishman

Default recommended builder

We used RN Peaslee and Sons of Moultonborough seven years ago and could not have been more pleased. They do great work, listen carefully to the owner's concerns and communicate well during the building project. They won't necessarily be the cheapest but they are dependable people who have been building homes in the areas for decades. Plus we really liked the subcontractors they used - all family businesses who have stood behind their work.
mishman is offline   Reply With Quote