Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
Chickie

Default New Restaurants

Seems to be a lot of activity on Union Avenue right now. The “Big Dig” for the new McDonald’s restaurant has begun and the lower parking lot is all fenced in with work in progress. They are supposed to open in the new location in October, so I guess things will be moving right along.

There is a new café or restaurant in the former Fitzgerald Motor Sports building across the street. I understand they are open for breakfast and lunch only. It seems to be the best kept secret around, as the signage is practically nonexistent. One has to drive to the back of the building to access it. Has anyone tried it or have information on the owners?

Over the weekend I noticed a large “for sale or lease” sign in front of the old Hathaway House. I thought the city had made an agreement with Dunkin’ Donuts that they would paint it. Is Dunkin’ Donuts reneging on that agreement and will it be allowed to deteriorate to the point of no return?
Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
VitaBene

Thanked 1,607 Times in 822 Posts
Default Old Gilligans- Moultonborough

I have noticed the for sale sign is down at Gilligans and that the sign says closed again. I wonder if the fellow that owns the Berry Pond Motel is planning something there?
VitaBene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
no-engine

What's that new MacD? New building where the digging is happening?
New location on different real estate?
no-engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Whimsey

Default Same site

The new McDonald's is being built on the large parking area of the existing site. It's still open, but there is limited parking on the Gilford side of the building.
Whimsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Mee-n-Mac

Question Themed or unthemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsey View Post
The new McDonald's is being built on the large parking area of the existing site. It's still open, but there is limited parking on the Gilford side of the building.
Will it be as "mooserific" as the one in Meredith ? Or will they go "looney" ?? Enquiring minds want to know ...
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
ARV

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I have noticed the for sale sign is down at Gilligans and that the sign says closed again. I wonder if the fellow that owns the Berry Pond Motel is planning something there?

I think someone just put CLOSED in their billboard to give the head's up to the tourists...if anyone wants to open Gilligan's back up it would need a LOT of work!!!
ARV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #7
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARV View Post
I think someone just put CLOSED in their billboard to give the head's up to the tourists...if anyone wants to open Gilligan's back up it would need a LOT of work!!!
What kind of work?
baygo is offline   Reply With Quote