Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
Greene's Basin Girl

Default Restaurant Coupons

Restaurant .com presently has restaurant coupons for 90% off. The code word is ninety. This may be the final day to get this discount. One of the coupons you can purchase is for the Country Cow Restaurant. This restaurant is located right outside of Plymouth. The food is very good and the dining area overlooks a covered bridge.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
riverat

Default Beware

After reading the 90% off deal I bought two certificates for Schofield's at the Gunstock Inn because I always wanted to try them out, I called last night to see if they were open and found out they are closed permanately. So now I have emailed Restaurant.Com for a refund.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverat View Post
After reading the 90% off deal I bought two certificates for Schofield's at the Gunstock Inn because I always wanted to try them out, I called last night to see if they were open and found out they are closed permanately. So now I have emailed Restaurant.Com for a refund.
I would definately call the restaurant first before buying,but Schofield's shouldn't be on there if they are closed. Sorry about that!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
AB_Monterey

Getting a refund should not be an issue. Actually, I think they issue you a credit.

It's happened to me a few times. I've bought a few to restaurants that we wanted to try and then, after quite some time, they restaurant either went out of business or was no longer participating.

A email was all it took to get the credit.

I think I'm sitting on 4-5 credits right now.
AB_Monterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #5
Gatto Nero

Default Restaurant.com

Restaurant.com is offering $25 gift certificates for $3 through Sunday 9/19. Enter Promo Code "SPORK" at Checkout and Hit "Apply". There are quite a few decent restaurants in the area that use the service, such as Lyon's Den, Corner House and Mame's to name few.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
kauriel

Many Lakes Region restaurants participate in restaurant.com. I stock up on generic gift certificates when they are on sale and then later select the restaurant when I am ready to use it by giving the gift to myself! Certificates are re-stocked at the beginning of each month and retailers rotate in and out but right now area restaurants include:

T-Bones Laconia
Cactus Jacks Laconia
Mame's Meredith
Heat Laconia
Lyons Den Gilford
Club 59 Wolfeboro

You have to read restrictions carefully, but I have saved a lot by using restaurant.com!
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Should they have known?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverat View Post
Schofield's closed two season ago. The restuarant has re-opened under new management and name. I would call the Inn to get more information.
Not sure what will happen with your certificates. Should not Restaurant.com be keeping up with their cliants?
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:35 AM   #8
Gatto Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINNOCTURN View Post
Schofield's closed two season ago. The restuarant has re-opened under new management and name. I would call the Inn to get more information.
Not sure what will happen with your certificates. Should not Restaurant.com be keeping up with their cliants?
That quote was from a year ago. I don't they're still on there now. Anyway, I had one for Abandante when they closed and I was able to exchange it for another place with no questions asked.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Argie's Wife

Restaurant.com has a $1 special today - a buck for a $25 coupon/gift certificate! Great time to try it out!
Argie's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Argie's Wife For This Useful Post:
Shore Driver (09-30-2010)
Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

Wow....90% off. Kind of boggles the mind when you figure that the average restaurant nets 9% or 10%. There are exceptions.....a very well run busy store might do as high as 20% in a good year. It is used as a marketing tool to introduce new diners to an establishment so it sure is a great deal.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SAMIAM For This Useful Post:
brk-lnt (10-01-2010)
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
kauriel

It's 90% off the certificate but then many restaurants set minimum requirements to use the certificates to ensure they bring in enough revenues. Minimums usually range from $35 - 50 for your bill to be able to deduct $25. In addition, you can only use one certificate per month. From a business perspective, it's a great way to bring in new business. I've certainly tried restaurants that I otherwise wouldn't have tried solely because they participate in restaurant.com.
kauriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
SAMIAM

Thanked 1,626 Times in 562 Posts

True, Kaureil........if you land a regular customer as a result of that coupon....it's money well spent.
SAMIAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauriel View Post
It's 90% off the certificate but then many restaurants set minimum requirements to use the certificates to ensure they bring in enough revenues. Minimums usually range from $35 - 50 for your bill to be able to deduct $25. In addition, you can only use one certificate per month. From a business perspective, it's a great way to bring in new business. I've certainly tried restaurants that I otherwise wouldn't have tried solely because they participate in restaurant.com.
Many offer the $10.00 coupons and you have to spend $20.00. If it is a place you like it can be a very good deal. I have been using their coupons for years and I have never seen the certificates offered for more than 80% off.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
SIKSUKR

Actually, isn't that 96% off?
Old 10-01-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
brk-lnt

These are a good deal to try a new restaurant, but if you're buying these to use as your own personal "currency", you're probably hurting their business in the long run, might not be a good idea at a place you really enjoy/appreciate.
baygo (10-01-2010)