Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Restaurant Information & Reviews
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
GTO

Default North End

Got a chance this past weekend to have dinner at the North End in Moultonborough. Good dining experience to report. (of course, I was not going to a concert and didn't ask for preferential treatment). Service was quick, the food came out quickly and everyone enjoyed a good meal. The waiter was always quick to refill our drinks and stopped by a few times to make sure everything was going good. I am not an Italian eater but the Steak Sub on toasted roll was more than enough for my appetite. Everyone else had Italian and were pleased.
trfour (08-09-2010)
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Janet

We went last night. Food was good but service was less than perfect. The waiter struggled to open the wine bottle and didn't seem to know how to carry a tray of drinks. We finally took the tray from him and served the drinks around the table ourselves. Brought the food out one dish at a time for a table of 8 and never asked if everything was ok once delivered. If it had been the beginning of the summer I would have thought he was in training. However, this late in the game makes you wonder.
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
We went last night. Food was good but service was less than perfect. The waiter struggled to open the wine bottle and didn't seem to know how to carry a tray of drinks. We finally took the tray from him and served the drinks around the table ourselves. Brought the food out one dish at a time for a table of 8 and never asked if everything was ok once delivered. If it had been the beginning of the summer I would have thought he was in training. However, this late in the game makes you wonder.
It sounds like the service hasn't changed since it first opened. It's to bad, but because of the poor service I never go. I went once and I haven't gone back.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
Lakesrider

Thanked 1,016 Times in 345 Posts

Was going to go to Buckeys last night. Drove over and it was packed solid. So we went to the NE. To late for VK. We got right in and we both had the specials. I had the bow tie pasta in a garlic creme sauce and my wife had the crab raviolis. Both were awesome. Yeah I think the waiter was new as I hadn't seen him before, but he did alright. I think it funny that that place is so hit and miss. One day not so good the next is better. Food is always good. at least the stuff I pick anyway. Still would like rolls instead of having to pay for garlic bread. Never understood that either.

Oh and I took home the Tiramisu....Awesome stuff.
Lakesrider is offline   Reply With Quote