Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #1
chocophile

Default Shed Advice - Tuftonboro

I'd like to have a standard 8x12 shed built this year at our mainland cottage in Tuftonboro. I'm taking a year off from major construction projects, so I'd like to minimize my labor and just pay to have it done.

I haven't called around yet, but I noticed one ad in the Granite State News from ABC Shed. There's also a NH company called Post Woodworking.

I've checked out the town building code on sheds, and I'm all set there.

Any recommendations on shed builders and costs? Thanks...

-Alan
chocophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
rrr

Default Is it done? Are you happy?

Chocophile-

How did you make out?

I'm hoping that you will share what you learned. I too am in Tuftonboro and have been thinking about adding a shed perhaps larger than what you were describing. Any wisdom you'd care to share re: permits, contractors, etc?

Thanks
rrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:08 AM   #3
Rolie

Default 8x12 Shed

Go to Superior Fence on Rte 3 in Tilton. I just bought one from them After a lot of research and a lot of driving, I found theirs to be the best built around....things like 16" on center 2x4's.....3/4" flooring.....pressure treated 4x4's underneath. Pricing is about the same as the others but I feel I got more value because of the better quality construction.
Rolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:09 AM   #4
SPANKY

post woodworking is in danville, nh. their sheds are prefabricated so you may be charged extra travel time. from what i have heard though their quality is very good. the type of siding, windows, and doors you choose will have a big impact on the final cost of your shed. with that in mind their least expensive 8X12 is approx. $2200. and you would still need to paint or stain it.
SPANKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:39 AM   #5
Outlaw

Affordable Garages http://www.buildmygarage.com/They do garages, sheds, small additions -- excellent work and lots and lots of local references.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:08 PM   #6
chocophile

Default Shed Built

We bought a shed from ABC Sheds in Tamworth (Rt. 16). The owner of the business, Henry, is quite a colorful guy! He takes a lot of pride in his work. It was 8x12, single 4' wide opening on the long side (two doors). It cost $1800. He built it about 3 weeks after we ordered it; construction took 2 days. He does not paint or stain the shed.

The quality is very good, and we were pleased with the service.

Our neighbors liked it so much they ordered a shed from him while he was building ours.

The town code for Tuftonboro is that you may build an outbuilding of less than 100 sq. ft. without a building permit as long as it complies with required set-backs (I believe that's 20 feet).

I wanted to find someone local in case I had a problem or wanted something a little different.
chocophile is offline   Reply With Quote