Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Winnipesaukee Forums > Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts
Default Gilford Well Company

We had a very good experience with them today.

We have a 310' drilled well with a submersible pump that died yesterday, it had been down there for 16 years. I called Gilford Well at 8:15 this morning and within an hour one of their trucks with two courteous and knowledge guys arrived at the house. I had passed on info on the old pump so they had everything necessary on the truck.

They quickly agreed with my assessment, the pump had seized up and the starting winding was drawing enough current to trip the breaker. They proceeded to remove the old pump, replace the wire run to the pump (at my request), install the new pump and replace the old pressure regulator, also at my request. Everything was back in operation after 2 1/2 hours.

Of course this kind of pump replacement does not come cheep but we were very happy to get the water back so soon. And we were not prior customers as the old pump had been installed by another company by the previous home owner.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slickcraft For This Useful Post:
AKADQ (03-31-2014), camp guy (03-31-2014), Lakemamma (04-01-2014), Whimsey (04-06-2014)
Old 03-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
camp guy

Default Gilford Well Company

It is nice to know customer service is alive and well at Gilford Pump. Of course, because you gave them the necessary information so they could arrive prepared to do the job was a big help, too.

So, for a few bucks you got your water back, and everybody is happy.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Just Sold

Sounds like you had good quality service.
One important question is did they bleach the well after they finished?
I have seen it happen many times that the well gets bacteria in it while being worked on. Then the property residents will get a stomach bug* in a few days. So I suggest treating the well for bacteria with a gallon of household bleach just in case and it is a good ounce of prevention. Let it stay in there a day and then flush the system until the bleach smell dissipates.

*In one severe instance the home owner ended up in the hospital.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,000 Times in 914 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Sold View Post
Sounds like you had good quality service.
One important question is did they bleach the well after they finished?
I have seen it happen many times that the well gets bacteria in it while being worked on. Then the property residents will get a stomach bug* in a few days. So I suggest treating the well for bacteria with a gallon of household bleach just in case and it is a good ounce of prevention. Let it stay in there a day and then flush the system until the bleach smell dissipates.

*In one severe instance the home owner ended up in the hospital.
Yes they did treat the well at the end and advised to use a good bit of water the next day or two. Prior to lowering the top water line coupling into the well, they ran the new pump for about 5 min spilling the water out to the side. The water ran clear from the start so little sediment got stirred up in the process. There is a slight chlorine odor that should be gone in a day or two.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:44 AM   #5
Just Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
Yes they did treat the well at the end and advised to use a good bit of water the next day or two. Prior to lowering the top water line coupling into the well, they ran the new pump for about 5 min spilling the water out to the side. The water ran clear from the start so little sediment got stirred up in the process. There is a slight chlorine odor that should be gone in a day or two.
Glad to hear they treated the well. I have seen too many times when a well company doesn't do that.
Sponsored Links